What's new

After 14 years, Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kargil sector

Bobby

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
For the first time in the 14 years since the 1999 war, Pakistani troops violated ceasefire in the higher reaches of Ladakh with its troops opening fire with small and automatic weapons on Indian posts in Drass and Kaksar areas of Kargil sector.

According to official sources, Pakistani troops fired with automatic weapons at Sando Post in Drass area last night which was retaliated by the Indian troops.

Tensions had shot up between India and Pakistan and the two sides were in eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation mode when Pakistani troops intruded into Kargil in 1999.

According to the sources, there was a ceasefire violation in Kaksar which falls between Drass and Kargil as Pakistani troops fired initially with small weapons and later with automatic weapons at Chenigund post on Monday night.

This area has a dominance of Pakistani troops who are perched atop the heights and can target the national highway connecting Ladakh with Kashmir.

This was the post where Lt Saurabh Kalia along with his men went missing in April 1999 and later their mutilated bodies with clear signs of torture were handed over to the Indian Army.

Pakistani troops have in recent days repeatedly violated ceasefire in Kashmir's Uri and Keran sectors and Poonch and R S Pura of Jammu region.

Please post the link too... (its not that it makes any difference as these incidents are become very common these days.... But forum rules says that)

I am sure Indian Army would retaliate with same or even greater force.

The situation is getting bigger and dangerous by the day. Lets see how far it goes.

I am confused with the timing of these incidents.... I am sure there would be more stories behind these incidents.....

well "Times of india" should received award till now for making fake news...and that's their habit to publish it with adding more spices...if it's true it would get clear very soon!

we "Times of india" should received award till now for making fake news...and that's their habit to publish it with adding more spices...if it's true it would get clear very soon!

Gunfire shatters Kargil, Drass silence after 14 years; 28 terrorists killed in 2 months at LOC

Poonch, Jammu: For the first time since the Kargil war of 1999, Pakistani forces fired across the Line of Control in the Kargil and Drass sectors yesterday. Sources say this indicates Pakistan's attempt to 'reactivate' the entire Line of Control with crossfire. Against the backdrop of incessant firing between Pakistani and Indian troops at the Poonch district, the Indian Army today said 28 terrorists had been killed in the past 2 months while trying to cross over to India.

Gunfire shatters Kargil, Drass silence after 14 years; 28 terrorists killed in 2 months at LOC | NDTV.com

Gunfire shatters Kargil, Drass silence after 14 years; 28 terrorists killed in 2 months at LOC

Poonch, Jammu: For the first time since the Kargil war of 1999, Pakistani forces fired across the Line of Control in the Kargil and Drass sectors yesterday. Sources say this indicates Pakistan's attempt to 'reactivate' the entire Line of Control with crossfire. Against the backdrop of incessant firing between Pakistani and Indian troops at the Poonch district, the Indian Army today said 28 terrorists had been killed in the past 2 months while trying to cross over to India.

Gunfire shatters Kargil, Drass silence after 14 years; 28 terrorists killed in 2 months at LOC | NDTV.com

Those could be Mujahiden...like before they were involved in kargil war! :laughcry:

May be God can Answer whether they are Pakistani's, Mujahiden, Indians, Kashmiri, RAW, Joos ,KHAD , Mossad , MI , KGB , Annunakis , Martians , Illuminatis , Bohemian Groves , Tall ones , Grey ones weird ones ....:cuckoo:

On Topic: Our nations are both adamant the other party was to blame. Ultimate result? More orphans and families left without their loved ones. :ashamed:

that happens all over the world not only in ur country for what you are crying that much....there are hundreds of peoples are dying in Egypt,Syria,Palestine those are also humans...peoples are also crying there for there loved ones..so i think your PM should think about it how to settle the situation...this isn't the solution that you fire 100 and we retaliate with 200....if is that so...so let them play! :closed:

Those could be Mujahiden...like before they were involved in kargil war! :laughcry:

Actually, if I look back over last 40 years since 1971, Mujahideens (or militants) have done a better job of protecting pakistani interests than Pakistani army itself. Whether it was Kashmir or Afghanistan. Pakistani army probably should take training from them.

Actually, if I look back over last 40 years since 1971, Mujahideens (or militants) have done a better job of protecting pakistani interests than Pakistani army itself. Whether it was Kashmir or Afghanistan. Pakistani army probably should take training from them.

:cheesy: LOL nice joke.. so i think BSF should get trained by sri lankan army...well i don't want to go deep about mujahideens...

Back
Top Bottom