What's new

Afghanistan, India and Iran to ink transit agreement

:raise:People were told by year 2000 we will be traveling in flying cars and poverty will be thing of the past. yet here we are still:crazy_pilot: driving on the road :omghaha: and dying of starvation:pissed:.

As far as trade with Afghanistan is concerned we lose billions/yr in loss taxation and smuggling via Afghanistan to pakistan.Most goods entering pakistani ports destined for Afghanistan never ever make it to Afghanistan yet they enter our country tax and duty free.

Most of our Goods transport industry has been hijacked by afghan transport companies cause of subsidies and unfair advantage given to them by pak governments.

If indians with a train line can help us out and take all the benefits we have so far taken more power to you.

Trucks destined for pakistan via Afghanistan carry lot more then goods declared on custom papers say drugs and weapons.I can just imagine law and order situation in Pakistan improving over night without the benefits afghans have given us and continue to provide.:nana:.

The situation and the trade and transit between Pakistan and Afghanistan will continue as it is, even the drug runs - the new link will only provide India a direct link with Afghanistan and Central Asia - it would also give the Afghans a link to the sea - and all this is possible when India completes the Chahabahar port expansion and completes the road and rail link.

This trilateral agreement is a great strategic step it will also serve as indian alternative route to central asian countries via Iran and Afghanistan

The situation and the trade and transit between Pakistan and Afghanistan will continue as it is, even the drug runs - the new link will only provide India a direct link with Afghanistan and Central Asia - it would also give the Afghans a link to the sea - and all this is possible when India completes the Chahabahar port expansion and completes the road and rail link.

I seriously doubt afghans will get the preferential deal by any pak government.

any deal that causes the regional gov. to unite and also provides great chance for the countries to higher their economic-political ties is greatly appreciated by Iran .

so to shorten it ; i would say PERFECT !!
congrats on becoming a senior member mate :cheers:

@Aeronaut

Something that will make you happy.
Afghanistan is not going to be as dependent on Pakistan for accessing world trade. That means a major loss of leverage against Afghanistan for Pakistan.
An increase in Iranian and Indian influence in Afghanistan.

And neither is India going to be dependent on Pakistan for trade with Afghanistan or Central Asia anymore.

Any more plans to contain Indian influence?

Now even the MFN bizniss loses a little luster, cos' of this.

any deal that causes the regional gov. to unite and also provides great chance for the countries to higher their economic-political ties is greatly appreciated by Iran .

so to shorten it ; i would say PERFECT !!

Congrats this will increase Indo-Iranain trade
Also boost our clout in CAR & AF:victory:

I hope india really starts transporting weapons to afg to attack pak using ttp and rented afg taliban

Excellent development, gives Afghan the much awaited elbow room to flex its arms!!!

Now even the MFN bizniss loses a little luster, cos' of this.
True, but only by a fraction.
The main goal of MFN is to capture Pakistani market by making them reduce their taxes and negative lists against us,not use the Pakistani routes to trade with Afghanistan is secondary.

Back
Top Bottom