What's new

Afghanistan has optional routes if enemies think to block trade routes: President Ashraf Ghani

Ya right, You don't control even 67% of your territory. Forget air route, You have to go through Pakistan for east. Ops you also don't have seashore.

India should fasten Chabahar port and give Afghanistan an alternative route.

Americans wouldnt allow for that to happen. .. at least under the Trump admin Chabahar would be a higher risk investment by the Indians

Another factor is that the Afghan government's writ doesn't really go much beyond Kabul and any economic corridor will be vulnerable to taliban hijack.

Chabhar cannot replace traditional routes.One of reasons is geopolitics

but there is one extensive issue if Pakistan blocks the route how do Afghan plans to send in NATO supply? From Iran I don't think so from Russia I don't think so and with out Nato receiving supplies Taliban will gain ground so it is a bit messy. Will China allow India goods to travel through China hmm nope so quite an issue at hand.

And one more important question the south is occupied by the Taliban so who will fight the war for Afghans, India soldiers should go into Afghanistan and fight the Taliban.

but there is one extensive issue if Pakistan blocks the route how do Afghan plans to send in NATO supply? From Iran I don't think so from Russia I don't think so and with out Nato receiving supplies Taliban will gain ground so it is a bit messy. Will China allow India goods to travel through China hmm nope so quite an issue at hand.

Agreed. India is kind of boxed regionally.

Pakistan is somewhat also a victim of the same politics ... boxed in ... but thank God for the China-Pakistan link. This could be Pakistan's opportunity to venture into central Asia and even Iran and not continue to be a victim of the South Asian self defeating politics of vendettas.

Majority of the blame lies with India and it's illusions of grandeur that just hamper the entire region... very small hearts these folks.

And one more important question the south is occupied by the Taliban so who will fight the war for Afghans, India soldiers should go into Afghanistan and fight the Taliban.

NATO will have to reconsider their Pak - Afghan route... the CPEC reality will further entrench Pak in the Chinese camp (for the better) ... however NATO becomes vulnerable because it's base in Afghanistan is at risk if it has to depend on a supply route which China has watch over.

If Chinese place their navy in Gwadar and Karachi... which i hope they do... it's checkmate NATO.... And by extension India/Kabul regime

Chabahar is still just a pipe dream... Pakistan route is real

Agreed. India is kind of boxed regionally.

Pakistan is somewhat also a victim of the same politics ... boxed in ... but thank God for the China-Pakistan link. This could be Pakistan's opportunity to venture into central Asia and even Iran and not continue to be a victim of the South Asian self defeating politics of vendettas.

Majority of the blame lies with India and it's illusions of grandeur that just hamper the entire region... very small hearts these folks.

NATO will have to reconsider their Pak - Afghan route... the CPEC reality will further entrench Pak in the Chinese camp (for the better) ... however NATO becomes vulnerable because it's base in Afghanistan is at risk if it has to depend on a supply route which China has watch over.

If Chinese place their navy in Gwadar and Karachi... which i hope they do... it's checkmate NATO.... And by extension India/Kabul regime

Chabahar is still just a pipe dream... Pakistan route is real

Look Afghans were invited to the ECO but they refused to come due to India and Now the road to turkey will go through Iran and Afghans will suffer more. Iran cannot invest into an Afghanistan whose south the side with Iran is occupied by Taliban so for Iran the road to China is CPEC and for Pakistan the road to Azerbaijan and Turkey is the rail link of Iran and Azerbaijan. Afghan cut it's self out of this due to Indian interests and they will suffer. Afghans like it or not Pakistan is the only hope they have and without Pakistan Indian investment cannot do any good they need a port for prosperity and India cannot give that. Iran to use the Chabhar port they need to launch a full fledged war with Taliban to take the south back and USA under Trump is not going to invest in a war with the Taliban, It will cost USA billions and India on the other hand has no capabilities of deployment in Afghanistan. Plus if Indian soldiers move into Afghanistan that will be a dream come true for Pakistan. India will be walking into the home ground of Pakistan and the scale of casualties India will suffer there will be massive and if Afghan walk the Chinese path that has the same demand China also want Afghans to get rid of Indians so conclusion Afghan need to ditch India.

Americans wouldnt allow for that to happen. .. at least under the Trump admin Chabahar would be a higher risk investment by the Indians

Another factor is that the Afghan government's writ doesn't really go much beyond Kabul and any economic corridor will be vulnerable to taliban hijack.

Chabahar is proceeding at faster pace than ever before.
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/03/10/513764/Chabahar-Port-early-development-in-2018

Taliban is terrorist force. It will see the same fate as ISIS and AQ

LOL..Then why he is trading through enemy ? Why Iran has not allowed them to use there other ports? But no problem type of coward leadership we have this will continue..

Chabahar port will be made but iran already has a port and I don't see Chabahar port going any where from there. Where will Chabahar go to Afghanistan and who will fight Taliban? standing in the middle of Kabul and Chabahar. Who? Will it be Indian soldiers?

After becoming the President, Ashraf Ghani went out of the way to improve relations with Pakistan that has deteriorated under Hamid Karzai regime. Its Pakistan's diplomatic failure to have lost the opportunity. Earlier the people of Afghanistan used to protest against Pakistan but now the president of the country is talking the language of its people.

Chabahar is proceeding at faster pace than ever before.
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/03/10/513764/Chabahar-Port-early-development-in-2018

Taliban is terrorist force. It will see the same fate as ISIS and AQ

Taliban... in essence is more of pashtun movement and unlike isis/al qaeeda isn't an international movement... so to equate them shows a lack of knowledge of the region on your part.

Chabahar can move at lightning speed for all i care... the fact that it's still high risk investment remains... at least for the next half decade. Pakistan should also build closet ties with Iran... which it is doing... and take advantage of India's investment in Iran... we are after all bordering them...

Taliban... in essence is more of pashtun movement and unlike isis/al qaeeda isn't an international movement... so to equate them shows a lack of knowledge of the region on your part.

Chabahar can move at lightning speed for all i care... the fact that it's still high risk investment remains... at least for the next half decade. Pakistan should also build closet ties with Iran... which it is doing... and take advantage of India's investment in Iran... we are after all bordering them...

Neither is Pakistan Taliban an international movement. Pakistani Taliban is also a Pashtun movement and confined to Pakistan. So why do you say Pakistan Taliban is terror organization? Anyway, why was Osama protected by Afghan Taliban? What is the relations between AQ and Afghan Taliban? Moreover, do you know that Pakistan Taliban and Afghan Taliban show allegiance to the same person. Lack of knowledge of the region is from you and not from me.

As on Chabahar, I would say CPEC is more risky and controversial than Chabahar. What business Pakistan has building CPEC through GB that Pakistan itself calls a disputed territory? What happens to CPEC in case of GB joining Indian union? Chabahar doesn't pass through any disputed territory.

Neither is Pakistan Taliban an international movement. Pakistani Taliban is also a Pashtun movement and confined to Pakistan. So why do you say Pakistan Taliban is terror organization? Anyway, why was Osama protected by Afghan Taliban? What is the relations between AQ and Afghan Taliban? Moreover, do you know that Pakistan Taliban and Afghan Taliban show allegiance to the same person. Lack of knowledge of the region is from you and not from me.

As on Chabahar, I would say CPEC is more risky and controversial than Chabahar. What business Pakistan has building CPEC through GB that Pakistan itself calls a disputed territory? What happens to CPEC in case of GB joining Indian union? Chabahar doesn't pass through any disputed territory.

Pakistan taliban is more of a khawarji (takferee) movement than a pahtoon movement. .... Again you show you lack of knowledge of the region.

Anyways... yes even Afghan taliban are terrorists... i never said they weren't

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom