What's new

Afghanistan cracks down on commercials that favour U.S. troops

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh my, the winds blow stranger by the day in Cabul.

Original article here on The Chicago Tribune.

KABUL (Reuters) - The Afghan government, increasingly at odds with Washington, is cracking down on advertisements that promote keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan after 2014 and has already shut down a spot aired by the country's most widely watched broadcasters.

The commercials - some funded by a U.S. organisation - have drawn official criticism because they urge President Hamid Karzai to abandon his refusal to sign a security pact with the United States that would enable the troops to stay.

Oh my, the winds blow stranger by the day in Cabul.

Original article here on The Chicago Tribune.

KABUL (Reuters) - The Afghan government, increasingly at odds with Washington, is cracking down on advertisements that promote keeping U.S. troops in Afghanistan after 2014 and has already shut down a spot aired by the country's most widely watched broadcasters.

The commercials - some funded by a U.S. organisation - have drawn official criticism because they urge President Hamid Karzai to abandon his refusal to sign a security pact with the United States that would enable the troops to stay.
ungrateful pieces of crap, some people just like to watch the world burn.

Well it has been a very strange few days in Kabul -- there are a couple of posts by Afghan Intellectuals and News wires (khamaa press and Nemat Sadat) that are shocking. It's almost like Kabul and Afghan have slipped the surly bounds of reality.

I for one have become really really worried -- hopefully the streak of bad news will stop in a few days.

I'll try to post them today if I have some time.

Back
Top Bottom