What's new

Afghan students flock to India's universities

Excellent work by the GoI. We should extend support for the bright students of Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Burma and Bhutan to come and study in India. There should also be scholarships available to students of China and Pakistan to study arts and humanities in Indian universities.

Once Afghan students finish their studies, say engineering, they should be provided opportunities in building Afghanistan by providing them jobs in Indian developmental projects happening in their own country. This will give them a start in their careers also.

Excellent work by the GoI. We should extend support for the bright students of Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Burma and Bhutan to come and study in India. There should also be scholarships available to students of China and Pakistan to study arts and humanities in Indian universities.

Bhai meray, we are a country for heaven's sake... not a dharmshala to offer everything to everyone just to appease a few you have highlighted.

Nepalis already have full access to our education and facilities. I agree for Myanmar and Bhutan extensively while we should also open up to Thailand rather than inviting students from hostile countries you mention.

Our own students commit suicides every year because of reservation and quota that limits the general class of seats for a university.

First we need to ensure reservation is limited rather than general.

In the name of protection and anti-discrimination, the general class has now become the disadvantaged.

University seats in our country are very rare and valuable and students kill themselves to get through into reputed universities.

So we shouldn't waste them on those who are against our nation since we have a limited seat number even under diplomatic grants by MEA.

Bhai meray, we are a country for heaven's sake... not a dharmshala to offer everything to everyone just to appease a few you have highlighted.

Nepalis already have full access to our education and facilities. I agree for Myanmar and Bhutan extensively while we should also open up to Thailand rather than inviting students from hostile countries you mention.

Our own students commit suicides every year because of reservation and quota that limits the general class of seats for a university.

In the name of protection and anti-discrimination, the general class has now become the disadvantaged.

University seats in our country are very rare and valuable and students kill themselves to get through into reputed universities.

So we shouldn't waste them on those who are against our nation since we have a limited seat number even under diplomatic grants by MEA.

Seats to foreign students are not from quotas allocated to Indian students. So lets not mix up things. The current quota mess is not concerned with current discussion.

The point of having an education program is in building relations with countries. 'Bright' students should see India as a friendly country, because, most often than not, they will in the future be influencers in their countries of origin.

If you notice, I specifically mentioned arts and humanities for Pakistani and Chinese students. This will help expose these students to Indian culture and sensibilities. And to a large extent a shared history.

why are pakistani students not coming here ? I am sure they can also learn a lot from here :)

why are pakistani students not coming here ? I am sure they can also learn a lot from here :)

It would be next to impossible for Pakistani students to get Indian student visa.

completely agree wiyh u bro.... and for the reservation part let us accept tht this is india and we cant limit the resrvations and no political party will support it... better if we open more number of universities and improve the quality of education ... that may solve the problem to certain extent....

I did meet with some Afghan, Nepali and few African students when I was studying at Ravenshaw University. They were very much friendly in nature. Afghanis wear their traditional dresses and you can easily point out them in between students and Africans are dressed like men in black.

Because then all you will be complaining that all nice chicks are taken by Pakistanis.. :omghaha:

On serious note, the standards of your universities is not such that it degree attracts a Pakistani. If someone has the money he could go to Europe or Australia or China. And thousands of Pakistani students are already there.

Because of visa issue but that should be liberalized. Miscreants doesn't come with visa, govts should understand.

I would not go to a country like India to study. We all know the world famous Indian IQ.

Don't say you won't come, but say you can't come. India doesn't import duffers.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom