What's new

Afghan leader accuses Pakistan of refusing to fight terrorism by backing in

264theg.jpg

Those who never surrendered to the illegal invasion, those who kept on fighting for their country and those who refused to accept slavery. All these puppets will get what they deserve, pretty soon.

Transalation : those who were constantly at each other throats and kept killing their kith and kin for no reason making it easy for outside powers to manipulate them for idiotic notions like strategic depth.

Let me get this straight last time when i checked it was Pakistan Who released and given back afghan Taliban Not the other way around
When They caught TTP leader they refused ullu ke pathe ganje Ser wale AB har bat per refuse refuse ho ga 2 bato per accept accept ho ga apne mahajar le loo karzai ka sir hum ko dedo :D

Transalation : those who were constantly at each other throats and kept killing their kith and kin for no reason making it easy for outside powers to manipulate them for idiotic notions like strategic depth.

As expected, you could only translate the above due to your very limited translational capabilities and even limited understanding ability.

"Afghanistan wants a real struggle against terrorism and wants the Pakistani government to realize that both our nations are burning in the same fire," the Afghan leader said, speaking at a press conference with visiting NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen."The Pakistani government has an essential and important role in putting out this fire," Karzai added.

What is wrong with this simple statement?? I don't understand why some Pakistani posters are angry at this?

Karzai made the comment in response to a question about a statement last week by the head of the Pakistani clerics' council who had been scheduled to travel to Afghanistan for a meeting of the two countries' religious leaders.

The cleric, Tahir Mehmood Ashrafi of the All Pakistan Ulema Council, said in a television interview that suicide attacks in Afghanistan are lawful because NATO troops are invaders that have occupied the country.

Karzai noted that Ashrafi was appointed to the delegation by the Pakistani government, implying that the government in Islamabad was backing his views.

Ashrafi told The Associated Press that his comments had been taken out of context and that he considered suicide bombings un-Islamic.

He said that he was asked in an interview about his views on suicide bombings in Afghanistan and said that it was natural that people would fight back when their homes were occupied but that didn't necessarily mean suicide bombings.

^^ Maybe becuse the said maulana really was quoted out of context. Personally, I haven't seen anything yet that confirms Karzai's statement.

^^ Maybe becuse the said maulana really was quoted out of context. Personally, I haven't seen anything yet that confirms Karzai's statement.

These people have little to no training in how to deal with media and yet love the limelight and cannot, it seems restrain themselves - quoted out of context, must come as a surprise to people who make a living quoting Quran out of context.

^^ You're not wrong, but in this instance of maulana vs. Karzai, I am pretty certain that Karzai's just bluffing and reading out whatever his "intel" team handed him.

Yeh madar**** darzee ko ina-lillah karna paray ga! :D

Perhaps this madar**** khkanzal is to make your buddies happy, to prove to them that you are very namak-halal patriotic pathan, but you need to realize that if you were in karzai shoes you must have felt the same about your neighbour country. Pakistan is igniting taliban factor against NATO in Afghanistan, afghan land is being used for proxy wars. At the same time these talibans are delaying American departure, are disrupting healing and recovery of Afghanistan. When NATO would leave Afghanistan, these talibans would carry out their activities against Afghan forces...and if they become succssful then Afghanistan would be all about burqa and beard.

Make *Afghan* forces all Pashtun, and I am with you. You know what I mean.

Perhaps this madar**** khkanzal is to make your buddies happy, to prove to them that you are very namak-halal patriotic pathan, but you need to realize that if you were in karzai shoes you must have felt the same about your neighbour country. Pakistan is igniting taliban factor against NATO in Afghanistan, afghan land is being used for proxy wars. At the same time these talibans are delaying American departure, are disrupting healing and recovery of Afghanistan. When NATO would leave Afghanistan, these talibans would carry out their activities against Afghan forces...and if they become succssful then Afghanistan would be all about burqa and beard.

Karzai's barking is meaningless; it's not new nor out of character its been going on for years. His mental sanity has often been brought into question even by some of his former aides (isnt he bi-polar?). Everyone knows where he'll pack his bags and run to when the clock ticks to a buzzer and his time is up. :)

To me it seems kind of crazy to have spent hundreds of billions of dollars trying to 'stabilize' Afghanistan only to then talk about "reconciliation" with taleban and also pretend the U.S. isn't interested in shaping the political landscape and encouraging a "useful" successor to the existing puppet of Kabul (the Popat-Zai)

it would be in their interests to shut down terrorist sanctuaries in Afghanistan which are being used by certain nearby regional irritants to wage proxy war against Pakistan; perhaps also do more to prevent thugs and terrorists from slipping in to our side. That perhaps would help pave the way for more synergy and less mistrust and suspicion.

at this point everyone is hedging their bets.....who will be on the right side of history? well I guess we'll just have to pop some popcorn and see

until then there's plenty more time for more crying and barking over Pakistan while ignoring our perspective on the issue --at least in public

It is their internal business. Pashtuns of Afghanistan have to improve their share in power structure of the country on their own.

the hatred between tajik and pakhtun militias is too deeply ingrained in their psyche; it is in their own national interests to stop their squabbles and rivalries

some of the reason for the internal divisions in Afghanistan can be attributed to foreign meddling (Pakistan not excluded here) though most of the blame goes on Afghans themselves

I still remember a tajik Afghan I casually interacted with who told me "I am tajik, not Afghan" even though most of his family was born in Afghanistan and raised in Afghanistan --no links to Tajikistan.

therein lies one of the core issues.....the real question is how do you distribute the power fairly and using what system of governance

These people have little to no training in how to deal with media and yet love the limelight and cannot, it seems restrain themselves - quoted out of context, must come as a surprise to people who make a living quoting Quran out of context.

is there a video or any "on-the-record" type thing (in Urdu) for us to look at?

i hardly trust the news anymore - even our news - which is famous for sensationalism and taking things out of context (which media doesnt do that these days)

from a neutral perspective --- i dont think you even need Islamic fatwas or speeches to back the notion that when foreign boots are in your soil un-invited -- you have a right to resist. That wisdom was applied on Alexander the Great's army, the britishers, and of course the soviets.

it's really so basic and not so complicated!! any man worth his salt will defend his country when it has been invaded; but it takes an even bigger man to be a nation builder as well and the Afghans arent serious about building their nation

now of course on M.O. and rules of engagement during war - the Quran is very clear about it. Civilians mustn't be harmed. Afghans have been on the receiving end of NATO on one end and by regional rivalling militias on the other.

nobody in Afghanistan --talebs or NA or NATO or ANA can claim any moral high ground here.

as for people calling themselves "Scholars" of Islam and mis-quoting Quran for self-serving and nefarious purposes -- well the past few years has shown us that we have no shortage of that in Pakistan or in the greater Muslim world. But then again, this isnt an issue exlusive to Islam. hinduism judaism christianity and even buddhism have their share of extremists who distort religion and preach the wrong things rather than the proper path

Karzai's barking is meaningless; it's not new nor out of character its been going on for years. His mental sanity has often been brought into question even by some of his former aides (isnt he bi-polar?). Everyone knows where he'll pack his bags and run to when the clock ticks to a buzzer and his time is up. :)

To me it seems kind of crazy to have spent hundreds of billions of dollars trying to 'stabilize' Afghanistan only to then talk about "reconciliation" with taleban and also pretend the U.S. isn't interested in shaping the political landscape and encouraging a "useful" successor to the existing puppet of Kabul (the Popat-Zai)

it would be in their interests to shut down terrorist sanctuaries in Afghanistan which are being used by certain nearby regional irritants to wage proxy war against Pakistan; perhaps also do more to prevent thugs and terrorists from slipping in to our side. That perhaps would help pave the way for more synergy and less mistrust and suspicion.

at this point everyone is hedging their bets.....who will be on the right side of history? well I guess we'll just have to pop some popcorn and see

until then there's plenty more time for more crying and barking over Pakistan while ignoring our perspective on the issue --at least in public

the hatred between tajik and pakhtun militias is too deeply ingrained in their psyche; it is in their own national interests to stop their squabbles and rivalries

some of the reason for the internal divisions in Afghanistan can be attributed to foreign meddling (Pakistan not excluded here) though most of the blame goes on Afghans themselves

I still remember a tajik Afghan I casually interacted with who told me "I am tajik, not Afghan" even though most of his family was born in Afghanistan and raised in Afghanistan --no links to Tajikistan.

therein lies one of the core issues.....the real question is how do you distribute the power fairly and using what system of governance

Because Afghanistan was under Pashtun monarchy for more than two hundred years, after fall of that, tajiks and other ethnic minorities begin to assert their presence. Pakistan played a big role in fueling ethnic tensions. In russian war all the mujahideens whether pashtuns and tajiks, were from islamic parties but pakistan limited its help to hikmatyar because of his pashtun origin , at the same time showing distrust on tajik components. For some reason the purely political rivilry between hikmatyar and ahmad shah masood in 90s turned tajik-pashtun rivlary...Pakistan first supported hekmatyar then shifted its help to another pashtun majority talibans. Talibans with support from Pakistan, imposed their some of the pashtun ways along with sharia on northern afghanistan, scarring inter-ethnic relationships.
I have heard that inter-ethnic relationships are improving, i hope talibans wont come and ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom