What's new

AEW&C systems

sonicboom

Reaction score
AEW&C systems

Thursday, 31 Dec, 2009

The technology is inferior to the American Awacs long denied to Pakistan.

THE induction of the first ‘high-tech’ aerial surveillance system into the Pakistan Air Force has been hailed as a great leap forward for the country’s defences. But we are circumspect. Here’s why. First, the Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) system purchased from Sweden is actually a mid-range technology, better than the rival French technology currently in use by the Pakistan Navy but inferior to the much-sought-after-but-denied American Awacs. Second, it is not clear yet to what purpose the new Swedish systems will be put. Handing the first over to the air force suggests that the war planners have an eye on India’s ‘cold start’ doctrine, which would theoretically make possible quick, surgical strikes inside Pakistan. But the fact is, the Swedish technology acquired can be equally useful over water, where the Pakistan Navy could use it to keep an eye on India’s submarines, particularly now that India is testing its first indigenously built nuclear submarine (though it is not yet clear if the Indian craft is merely a nuclear-powered submarine or a nuclear-missile-armed submarine).

Either way, the Swedish radars are a defensive capability that seems to have been acquired in response to assessments of what India can or cannot pull off militarily. Which raises the question: is military hardware the only, let alone the best, route for Pakistan to respond to changing threat perceptions? War planners here in Pakistan are always keen to highlight that they have ‘realistic’ assumptions and are ‘aware’ of the economic constraints of the country and therefore understand the impossibility and undesirability of matching India weapon for weapon in the military department. And yet Pakistan has just accepted the first of four reconnaissance systems that will cost $866m after virtually zero debate outside select military circles. Value for money? The people can only be certain when the defence-procurement system becomes more transparent.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | AEW&C systems

haaaaaaa DAWN news sometimes i wonder if blackwater is just a military arm of dawn news! so much BS! look i have posted a link in the AWACS thread where despite all the resources in terms of money available to the UAE they opted to buy the ERIEYE! even though those people love buying the most expensive stuff available just because it is expensive!

so EREIYE is not a mid tech awac it is at par with the modern awacs around! just believe in your system! stop comparing your co*k size here with your enemy! just be happy with what you got! make the maximum use of it!

DAWN NEWS simply has no idea

Comparing Atlantique I (maritime surveillance/anti-submarine warfare aircraft) with Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C (Airborne early warning and control)

Using Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C to track nuclear-powered submarines

Complain about less capability when compared to E-3 and then talking about the high price (This is the cheapest AEW&C around both to purchase and Fly)

Typical Pakistani defense journalist:hitwall:

Can Pakistan match all the hardwares that India currently procures ?
India is in a better position now i think, (can buy from all the major venders except maybe from China) also with better economic muscle...is this current tit for tat sensible ????:undecided:

India is in a better position now i think, (can buy from all the major venders except maybe from China) also with better economic muscle...is this current tit for tat sensible ????:undecided:

Pakistan don’t need to match India

All they need is a punch that is big enough to ensure that India suffers enough losses at Pakistani hands that they will simply hesitate to start a war.

It’s all about increasing the cost of war to the level that will simply be unacceptable to India.

Beside that bigger economy comes with big population to feed, longer borders to defend, long fuel and shipping lines to protect.

Pakistan don’t need to match India

All they need is a punch that is big enough to ensure that India suffers enough losses at Pakistani hands that they will simply hesitate to start a war.

It’s all about increasing the cost of war to the level that will simply be unacceptable to India.

Beside that bigger economy comes with big population to feed, longer borders to defend, long fuel and shipping lines to protect.
if thats the case..why Pakistan also in buying spree..an arms race in the sub continent is building up...

if thats the case..why Pakistan also in buying spree..an arms race in the sub continent is building up...

Pakistan I buying enough to maintain that level (i.e. to ensure the big enough punch)

Remember unlike India Pakistan was under embargos for almost two decades so they are filling the gaps in areas where they felt they were behind or simply need to replace 1960s era aircrafts

Beside that purchase of 18 odd F-16s and MLU of another 44 F-16 aircrafts, 36 Fc-20 and buing 250 JF-17 to replace 1960 mirages and F-7s by 2020 is nowhere near an arms race from Pakistani side considering that india is buying 250 odd SU30MKI, 120+ MMRCA , 200 LCA, 14-44 Mkg-29K UPGradation of 50 odd Mirage-2000 and 63 Mig-29 and is investing in PAKFA and so on

Question for you my friend

Same logic also applies to China India conflict

• China has much bigger economy to which India is no match
  • China is producing advance weapons like toys
  • In most of the areas China is way ahead of India

So what should India do in this regard as India can’t outmatch the Chinese in defense spending?

So how sensible is for IA chief taking about fighting not only Pakistan but also China

Question for you my friend

Same logic also applies to China India conflict

• China has much bigger economy to which India is no match
  • China is producing advance weapons like toys
  • In most of the areas China is way ahead of India

So what should India do in this regard as India can’t outmatch the Chinese in defense spending?

So how sensible is for IA chief taking about fighting not only Pakistan but also China

dear dear am not an expert or am pretending to be one...what our army chief meant was... with not so friendly P & Ch..the military should be able to DEFEND India on both fronts...not to attack both.

against China..a massive preemptive strike on the nerve centers of power maybe enough to bring the nation down..what about China's second strike capability..few of their submerged armaments will reply us in kind.
so its better to keep shut and comparing nations..if India buys 100 Sukois and Pak buys 101 F16's will the balance tilt in ur favor ? when i read threads here i get impression how immature the respective military is..like kids counting marbles...are we all STUPID u & me..wasting time debating BS..its better of us to do more practically for the upliftment of our respective countries.

if India buys 100 Sukois and Pak buys 101 F16's will the balance tilt in ur favor ?

Again I never said that

It’s all about increasing the cost of war to the level that will simply be unacceptable to India so that indian attack can be avoided:pakistan:
Rather your statement gave me an impression that Pakistan is in no position to “match “ India as all indicators are in India’s favor
dear dear am not an expert or am pretending to be one...what our army chief meant was... with not so friendly P & Ch..the military should be able to DEFEND India on both fronts...not to attack both.

UNFORTUNATLY IT Didn’t SOUNED LIKE THAT
against China..a massive preemptive strike on the nerve centers of power maybe enough to bring the nation down..what about China's second strike capability..few of their submerged armaments will reply us in kind.
Very true indeed

Same will apply to Indo-Pak war scenario

And that’s why Indians are coming with this limited war theory and Indian army chief is at the forefront

so its better to keep shut and comparing nations

As I didn’t started it

So yes, any time you say we can stop

how immature the respective military is..like kids counting marbles...are we all STUPID u & me..wasting time debating BS..its better of us to do more practically for the upliftment of our respective countries.
Couldn’t be said in a better way

But how this can be implemented in real world

• Pakistan feels its needs to have capability to defend its self from India
  • India won’t stop because they feel threatened by the rise of China
  • China feels that they got stop USA from trying push them around
  • USA will say that they need to keep up to meet the raising challenges like Russia and China

And this cycle will continue throughout the world

Last edited:
But how this can be implemented in real world

Pakistan feels its needs to have capability to defend its self from India

India won’t stop because they feel threatened by the rise of China

China feels that they got stop USA from trying push them around

USA will say that they need to keep up to meet the raising challenges like Russia and China

And this cycle will continue throughout the world
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Happy New Year

haaaaaaa DAWN news sometimes i wonder if blackwater is just a military arm of dawn news! so much BS! look i have posted a link in the AWACS thread where despite all the resources in terms of money available to the UAE they opted to buy the ERIEYE! even though those people love buying the most expensive stuff available just because it is expensive!

so EREIYE is not a mid tech awac it is at par with the modern awacs around! just believe in your system! stop comparing your co*k size here with your enemy! just be happy with what you got! make the maximum use of it!
:pakistan:

so its better to keep shut and comparing nations..if India buys 100 Sukois and Pak buys 101 F16's will the balance tilt in ur favor ? when i read threads here i get impression how immature the respective military is..like kids counting marbles...are we all STUPID u & me..wasting time debating BS..its better of us to do more practically for the upliftment of our respective countries.

Preemptive strike against us? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Your little warhawk talking is getting ahead of your fried IQ of 80. India will be wiped from the face of earth if a single missile or aircraft enters our airspace unprovoked.

p.s. Didn't the Agni missile missed the target by something like 1000 miles during the last test? Are you sure it would not take a U-turn and land in Delhi instead?

Back
Top Bottom