What's new

Advantages of JF-17/FC-1 in BAF versus other Aircrafts

Riaz Hussain

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Often we see statements of BAF going for Su-30, MiG-29, Gripen, F-16 or J-10. But it pains me to see my brothers going down the wrong path. All these fighters have some fundamental disadvantages as far as BAF is concerned. The only fighter which is a perfect fit for Bangladesh is the JF-17.

Disadvantages of Su-30
1# Very large twin engine plane.
2# Maintenance intensive and heavy operational cost.
3# Russia is India's close friend and may stop spare arts if there is war with India.
4# India already has this and Russia may give less advanced versions than the Su-30MKI

Disadvantages of Mig-29
1# Large twin engine plane.
3# Russia is India's close friend and may stop spare arts if there is war with India.
4# India already has this and Russia may give less advanced versions than the Mig-29K/UPG

Disadvantages of Gripen
1# Very nosy country which will ask Bangladesh to make Gay right legal a they have demanded before.
2# Very costly initial fly away cost.
3# America's pet and may stop spare parts supply.
4# It has american engine.
5# Its weapons are mainly American. And america wont give you latest Aim-120D and Aim-9x like they didnt give us.

Disadvantages of F-16
1# it is an american plane, the number 1 country which likes to sanction countries if they dont do as it says.
3# May stop spare parts supply due to sanctions.
4# Its weapons are mainly American. And america wont give you latest Aim-120D and Aim-9x like they didnt give us.

Disadvantages of J-10
1# Very costly initial fly away cost.
2# Requires more maintenance than JF-17.
3# Operating cost if higher than JF-17.

Advantages of JF-17
1# Very low cost. Less than 20 million dollar export.
2# Very easy maintanance and less operational cost.
3# Politically safe and no threat of sanctions.

If Bangadesh is not happy about past history, they can even opt for the Chinese FC-1 name which is fully manufactured in China. Right this moment, an Indian Aircraft Carrier which has the capability of carrying potent airwing which is more than a match than the whole of Bangladesh Air force put together is sailing towards us. All you have are just 6 Mig-29b unupgraded fulcrums(other 2 are trainers which dont have radar) with only R-27 semi-active bvr missiles taking off from fixed airfields whose location is known to all - along with a few SAMS, versus an arsenal of the latest, almost 20 Mig-29K armed with the latest R-77 version RVV-MD very long range active radar guided bvr missiles and Kh anti radiation missiles whose ranges far exceeds your SAM ranges!, and Kh series Air-ground long range cruise missiles. I wish people can think rationally and choose the FC-1/JF-17 so that we can put up an UNITED FRONT against Indian hegemony. Are my brothers listening? :-(
Bangladesh paindabad!

No point advertising this to indo-awami ruled BD. :lol: Neither your gov nor the chinese will risk giving this current indo-awami controlled BD any decent military hardware. Our country has been robbed off its sovereignty & rule of law and until BD is free again I don't think Intl community would touch it even with a barge pole.

Often we see statements of BAF going for Su-30, MiG-29, Gripen, F-16 or J-10. But it pains me to see my brothers going down the wrong path. All these fighters have some fundamental disadvantages as far as BAF is concerned. The only fighter which is a perfect fit for Bangladesh is the JF-17.

Disadvantages of Su-30
4# India already has this and Russia may give less advanced versions than the Su-30MKI

Disadvantages of Mig-29
4# India already has this and Russia may give less advanced versions than the Mig-29K/UPG

Disadvantages of Gripen
1# Very nosy country which will ask Bangladesh to make Gay right legal a they have demanded before.
5# Its weapons are mainly American. And america wont give you latest Aim-120D and Aim-9x like they didnt give us.

Disadvantages of F-16
1# it is an american plane, the number 1 country which likes to sanction countries if they dont do as it says.
4# Its weapons are mainly American. And america wont give you latest Aim-120D and Aim-9x like they didnt give us.

Disadvantages of J-10

Advantages of JF-17

If Bangadesh is not happy about past history, they can even opt for the Chinese FC-1 name which is fully manufactured in China. Right this moment, an Indian Aircraft Carrier which has the capability of carrying potent airwing which is more than a match than the whole of Bangladesh Air force put together is sailing towards us. All you have are just 6 Mig-29b unupgraded fulcrums(other 2 are trainers which dont have radar) with only R-27 semi-active bvr missiles taking off from fixed airfields whose location is known to all - along with a few SAMS, versus an arsenal of the latest, almost 20 Mig-29K armed with the latest R-77 version RVV-MD very long range active radar guided bvr missiles and Kh anti radiation missiles whose ranges far exceeds your SAM ranges!, and Kh series Air-ground long range cruise missiles. I wish people can think rationally and choose the FC-1/JF-17 so that we can put up an UNITED FRONT against Indian hegemony. Are my brothers listening? :-(
Bangladesh paindabad!

This is what we called false sense of security.After all even if BD provoke us we will show restraints.
India will be a powerful country in the world.But we are not like US.And for Pakistanis ,attempt to attain parity with India will bring Pakistan to more trouble and ,that is no one cant ,even god cant help Pakistan.
Indian Aircraft carrier will only use for big play with big rivals.Not for toy play with kids like Pakistan.BD will remain as our friend.
Mig may be a good choice for Bangladesh.mean mig 29k

Disadvantages of Gripen
:o: :Laugh:

interesting post.
the post is India specific, the question is , does Bangladesh view India as an adversary?

Not until there is a 'real' govt is in place. BD is welcomed to join the JFT program.

:o: :Laugh:

interesting post.
the post is India specific, the question is , does Bangladesh view India as an adversary?

The current BAL regime considers Bangladeshis as an adversary. No idea about the military since it has been severly compromised over the last 5 years. For bangladeshis yeah, India is blood sucking leech..... a monstrous leech i.e. While BAL is simply the maggots of the leech.

The current BAL regime considers Bangladeshis as an adversary. No idea about the military since it has been severly compromised over the last 5 years. For bangladeshis yeah, India is blood sucking leech..... a monstrous leech i.e. While BAL is simply the maggots of the leech.
lets hope tat this monstrous leech keeps on sucking till derz nothing left :angel:

you are being too modest :toast_sign:

Disadvantages of Su-30

Disadvantages of Mig-29

Disadvantages of Gripen

Disadvantages of F-16

Disadvantages of J-10

Advantages of JF-17

Bangladesh paindabad!
how about Mig 35 or Su27SM2 ?

Disadvantages of F-16

Hmm...Bangladesh does not have any major issues with the Americans for military sanctions to take place. We operate the C-130 already. However, their relationship with the current government is not very good.

The part about the AMRAAM make sense. They don't easily supply it initially. It'd require quite a bit of politics and even money to finally acquire it. So time is a factor there. Another question would what variant of the AMRAAM we'd be able to acquire? More time.

Gripen is openly gay.

Is Pakistan willing to share sensitive technology of its new plane with Bangladesh? Likely not. Bangladesh's military and government still have credibility issues when it comes to acquiring and securing sensitive technology. So, I don't recommend it not only to Pakistan, but any country for that matter.

There's a reason why much of Bangladesh's equipment is not as good as its regional counterparts. And by equipment, I mean advanced weaponry of strategic value, not conventional arms like AT missiles and such.

It is not just an issue of money, but credibility.

Under such circumstances, Russian jets would make sense. But then, operating them in large numbers is not rational for BAF. I mean, what would be the point right?

Now, until a stable political environment, a stable leadership and a common defense and security policy (which it doesn't have) are in place, these things are only fairy tales where one can get lost for eternity.

In the future there is a good possibility that we will acquire HAL Tejas

In the future there is a good possibility that we will acquire HAL Tejas

quite possible. :lol:

The OP's funny though, his whole premise revolves around countering IN's aircraft carriers and it's MIG 29K's - as if Bangladesh is thousands of miles away and we require ACC's to reach it.

Why in the world would we attack Bangladesh? and what would JF17's do if that happens?
Even if, then why would we need ACC's to do that task?
What happens when IAC1 and IAC2 get online? then BAF shold go for 5th Gen fighters to counter rafales m's, PAKFA's?

This is what we called false sense of security.After all even if BD provoke us we will show restraints.
India will be a powerful country in the world.But we are not like US.And for Pakistanis ,attempt to attain parity with India will bring Pakistan to more trouble and ,that is no one cant ,even god cant help Pakistan.
Indian Aircraft carrier will only use for big play with big rivals.Not for toy play with kids like Pakistan.BD will remain as our friend.
Mig may be a good choice for Bangladesh.mean mig 29k

We don't believe in God but we do believe in Allah and we don't requires your God to help us, we are happy with Allah and his will.

Back
Top Bottom