What's new

advantages Of Creation Of Bangladesh To Pakistan

Sikhs,Buddhist,Jains,etc are not Hindus. And languages in S.E. Asia use Sanskrit script based languages.

Let people speak what ever they want. Why dont you speak Arabic in general instead of Urdu? Because Urdu(not script) is also close/associated with "Bharat".

It doesn't make anyone less of a Muslim. Can a Arabic man say to a Pakistani why speak Urdu, Punjabi, etc when you can speak Arabic to get closer to Islam?

Are you a Bengali btw?

No point arguing about it guys. Urdu can stay within the religious sphere (don't know for what reason - maybe it has a few Arabic words?), but Urdu will never be spoken by Bangalis. The only Bangali nation in the world will never accept foreign languages like Urdu (or Hindi for that matter). Bangla is one of the richest languages in the world. Wish it replaces English as an international language someday. (don't take it too seriously!:D)

The only Bangali nation in the world will never accept foreign languages like Urdu

Is there any reason why supreme court, high court and higher level Secretariat use English over Bangla? Is there any reason why Bangladeshi elite class prefer English medium school over Bengali? Is there any reason why graduate with English proficiency get better job then Bangla in so called only Bengali speaking nation that you are so proud of...........though I am not kidding. ;)

Is there any reason why supreme court, high court and higher level Secretariat use English over Bangla? Is there any reason why Bangladeshi elite class prefer English medium school over Bengali? Is there any reason why graduate with English proficiency get better job then Bangla in so called only Bengali speaking nation that you are so proud of...........though I am not kidding. ;)

Education: because USA is an economic superpower and we need to learn their language to communicate with them.

High Court, Secretariat: that's English because the British imposed it on us. We lazy Bangalis never took the initiative to change that. Even the British moved on with newer legal and administrative concepts. The otherwise intelligent Bangalis need to realize they are 1) extremely lazy and 2) have identity crisis (both sides of the border :D).

2) have identity crisis (both sides of the border :D).
As a Bengali from the other side, and taking the liberty of speaking on behalf of all Bengalis from this side, I can assure you we have none. I understand you would like to have us some identity crisis, kintu ki korbo bolun, we just don't have any.

Amader ei dhristotar jonno map korben.:lol:

As a Bengali from the other side, and taking the liberty of speaking on behalf of all Bengalis from this side, I can assure you we have none. I understand you would like to have us some identity crisis, kintu ki korbo bolun, we just don't have any.

Are ram babu, ato shohoje khepe gelen keno :D .. ja shotto ta ami arektu shohonio vashae boli:

1 - With all due respect, Ghotis and Bangalis are two different ethnicities. Regardless, there have been immense contribution to Bengali by the middle easterns (official initiative to develop Bangla literature); by the British (formation of Bangla Grammar); and the Ghotis (Bangla Renaissance).

2 - Hindi is slowly seeping into the remnants of the Bangla language in WB. The number of Bangla Scholars is on the decrease.

3 - In WB, the Bangalis who migrated from East Bengal are the ones who mostly speak the language. Ghotis have their own Ghoti language, which many mistake to be Bangla. It, along with Sylheti and Chatgaia, are similar in many ways to the pure Bangla.

4 - Ghotis think they are Indians, just like Rajakars think they are Pakistanis. Nationhood can't be determined by religion.

Hope that helps rid you of misconceptions. Identity crisis is a complicated issue indeed. :D

Are ram babu, ato shohoje khepe gelen keno :D .. ja shotto ta ami arektu shohonio vashae boli:

1 - With all due respect, Ghotis and Bangalis are two different ethnicities. Regardless, there have been immense contribution to Bengali by the middle easterns (official initiative to develop Bangla literature); by the British (formation of Bangla Grammar); and the Ghotis (Bangla Renaissance).

2 - Hindi is slowly seeping into the remnants of the Bangla language in WB. The number of Bangla Scholars is on the decrease.

3 - In WB, the Bangalis who migrated from East Bengal are the ones who mostly speak the language. Ghotis have their own Ghoti language, which many mistake to be Bangla. It, along with Sylheti and Chatgaia, are similar in many ways to the pure Bangla.

4 - Ghotis think they are Indians, just like Rajakars think they are Pakistanis. Nationhood can't be determined by religion.

Hope that helps rid you of misconceptions. Identity crisis is a complicated issue indeed. :D

What have you been smokin bro? :D

Ghati-bangal enmity is only relevant to East Bengal-Mohan Bagan football match!:D You're reading too much into it. Jyoti Bose who had been chief minister for 30 years was a bangal by the way(not that I'm a fan of him!).

No it's not, English is. But then again you gotta make your ends meet also.

What the eff is ghoti language? People from Midnapur and Bhirbhum has weird accent as does people from Noyakhali, Chatga. Having different accent doesn't make it a different language!

Sorry didn't get you, last time I checked we hold Indian passport in West Bengal. What is there to think? :-/

Last edited:

Yeah no middle-east roots here, only pure Bangla roots! :p

Regardless, there have been immense contribution to Bengali by the middle easterns (official initiative to develop Bangla literature); by the British (formation of Bangla Grammar); and the Ghotis (Bangla Renaissance).

*facepalm*

Okay Sir Vidyasagar, stop rolling over in your grave! :D

lol what ignorance! :D

Go to South India and force anyone to speak Urdu, you will be smacked before you say Urd! :D

Or South Indian Muslims are not included to your definition of subcontinents Muslims! ;-)

NOt sure about that. I had few south Indian Tamil Muslim friend who frowned at me when they learned that I cant speak Urdu. They used to speak Tamil with Hindus but talked Urdu amongst other muslims.:undecided:

South Indians have this thing against Hindi/Urdu. Although I dont have many South Indian Muslims friends and anyway won't be speaking Urdu with them in any case.

Sorry to butt inside ,

But South Indians(I am speaking as a Tamilian) dont have anything against any language.Hindi,Bengali,Urdu...whatever...

You are free to speak in any language until you start forcing down your language down our throats.

That was what happened in 1960s which saw the forceful imposition of Hindi upon us and we resisted,given the classical antiquity,richness of our language dwarves Hindi by a large margin.

Hope that helps rid you of misconceptions. Identity crisis is a complicated issue indeed.
apni bolun ami ki korbo - ottohashi hashbo na muchki hashi hasbo.

Abirbabu uttor diye diyechen amar hoye. Tai onake dhonnobad.

Sorry to butt inside ,

But South Indians(I am speaking as a Tamilian) dont have anything against any language.Hindi,Bengali,Urdu...whatever...

You are free to speak in any language until you start forcing down your language down our throats.

That was what happened in 1960s which saw the forceful imposition of Hindi upon us and we resisted,given the classical antiquity,richness of our language dwarves Hindi by a large margin.

Originally Posted by Abir View Post
lol what ignorance!

Go to South India and force anyone to speak Urdu, you will be smacked before you say Urd!

Or South Indian Muslims are not included to your definition of subcontinents Muslims! ;-)

I used the word specifically for that. :-)

South Indians have this thing against Hindi/Urdu.

That I saw...But there was an element of generalisation here.

I just wanted to set it straight. :cheers:

That I saw...But there was an element of generalisation here.

I just wanted to set it straight. :cheers:

Well that was just superficial observation from a 3rd party who's native language is neither Hindi nor Tamil. Yes it was generalisation off course, thanks for making it more specific on behalf of me. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom