What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

I noticed weapon bay doors of stealth fighters usually have hinge doors. Wouldn't sliding doors be stealthier?

Design looks good but we need to develop many 5th gen tech including radar, avionics and engines. FGFA spin offs might help.

This is an old news but i think it is worth sharing here.........

dbBFvyW.jpg

nice, but would like to see it in bluish gray color scheme.

Interesting report about the GE 414 upgrade potential and why the higher thrust varient, is not an option for LCA and might not be for AMCA:

USN study revives GE's hopes for major F414 upgrade

...But the navy could also be tempted – if the F414 EDE programme is launched – to seek a thrust upgrade, which includes a doubling of acceleration power.“That gives you options in terms of future threats and aircraft capability,” Caplan says.
The trade-off with upgrading the engine to produce 26,400lb-thrust is a considerable hike in maintenance costs. Running the F414 EDE at the higher thrust setting reduces turbine life to 2,000h, Caplan says. This is just one-third of the current 6,000h interval...

USN study revives GE's hopes for major F414 upgrade - 4/28/2014 - Flight Global

Stealth featurs of amca??? Can we have s shaped air ducts in just 13 m of space???
Atleast 16 m is needed for stealthy air ducts
F22 :18.9 m
F35 :16.2 m(stealth argued)
J 20:20.9 m
Su t50: 19.4 m:angry::angry::angry:

Sliding doors need internal space - which is already at a premium for stealth fighters.

Hinges are usually engineered to minimize radar reflecting straight edges.
Also sliding doors may take time to fully open up and drop weapos.time of just 3 seconds may b d game changer in 1 to 1 dogfights

Also sliding doors may take time to fully open up and drop weapos.time of just 3 seconds may b d game changer in 1 to 1 dogfights
yeah right maybe we shouldn't use doors at all, how about we use electro-magnetic force shields instead?:suicide:

yeah right maybe we shouldn't use doors at all, how about we use electro-magnetic force shields instead?:suicide:
Lol a good idea but force shields will not provide stealth at all as enemy radars would pick them instantly...also They would desrupt the communications system

Lol a good idea but force shields will not provide stealth at all as enemy radars would pick them instantly...also They would desrupt the communications system

Who needs stealth bro? missiles can't penetrate a force-shield and for communicating we can simply use psychological telepathy:jester:

Who needs stealth bro? missiles can't penetrate a force-shield and for communicating we can simply use psychological telepathy:jester:
Seems like an idea right from the star wars :p
No but seriously man i dont c this thing coming in next 2 decades and integrating it with an aircraft where we have limited power would be even more difficult i guess

and for communicating we can simply use psychological telepathy:jester:
SERIOUSLY?:haha:

Indians have there own 5th gen program is good but the way they handle project I doubt 2020 date....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom