What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

This thread seems more appropriate for a discussion on that

Brazil, how it will be helpful.

They could had been helpful, since their aero industry is ahead of ours, started own engine developments now too and they already have considerable know how in weapon developments. Most of all however, India and Brazil are the only 2 countries (besides the US and France) that are planing to have CATOBAR carriers in future and by the lack of alternatives as catapult capable fighters, a joint development for a stealth carrier fighter instead of the F35C, would had benefitted both countries. So the joint requirement would had made us obvious partners in the development, to share fundings and also jointly benefit from exports.

However, Brazil now have selected the Gripen NG and are far more than just an export customer anymore. They will develop and produce several parts and even varients of it, integrate indigenous weapons and techs and all that can be the base for a future Swedish / Brazilian stealth fighter program. We missed a big chance to get them closer to us, be it politically or wrt the defence industry.

Looks cool as hell.... so..... are they faking LCA as a major failure so this ACMA can come out and "rock" the skies?
I mean is that possible because I think it is, Indians are competent people known to deliver surprises....

correct me LCA is 110% indigenously Indian.
How dare you question it, blasphemy!
btw a little sprinkling of Israeli tech. never hurt anybody....

correct me LCA is 110% indigenously Indian.

No aircraft is 100%indigenous-take Gripen for example-For LCA the engine is American but rest is ours.

so..... are they faking LCA as a major failure so this ACMA can come out and "rock" the skies?

Are you really dumb ?

How dare you question it, blasphemy!
btw a little sprinkling of Israeli tech. never hurt anybody....

I have elaborated the indigenous content in LCA already.See post #589 & 590 -HAL pegs price of Tejas fighter at Rs 162 crore | Page 40

Great news.lets hope that the govt implements the reforms of D-PSUs fast

Which reforms? So far we only saw that they gave them a lot of money, but didn't changed much in the way the IAF is included in such developments, nor on taking the PSUs more accountable.

Which reforms? So far we only saw that they gave them a lot of money, but didn't changed much in the way the IAF is included in such developments, nor on taking the PSUs more accountable.

That's why i used the word Implement & i think Air force is also at the fault here,Look at what navy is doing we are building Destroyers & Air craft carriers at home,if i am not wrong those are the pinnacles of Naval Ship Building

That's why i used the word Implement & i think Air force is also at the fault here,Look at what navy is doing we are building Destroyers & Air craft carriers at home,if i am not wrong those are the pinnacles of Naval Ship Building

True, there is a lack of interoperability, be it between the forces itself or between the forces and the PSUs. But we also should not waste money like IN does with N-LCA, just for the sake of developing indigenous stuff. But that's exactly why I would want the DM and MoD to force the PSUs and forces to more joint work on such projects, not only blaming each other when things already are in a mess. IAF already stated that they neither have the need for AMCA, nor will put much hope on it. Then why does MoD give DRDO a free pass to develop it as an Air Force version? Ask the navy if they want it and if yes, let them commit to it from the start.

Damn this PSUS. Once DRDO completes the development, a tender should be issued with production schedule. Who so ever bid favorably should be given the license to produce.

Damn this PSUS. Once DRDO completes the development, a tender should be issued with production schedule. Who so ever bid favorably should be given the license to produce.

You can only produce something, when you have fully developed the product and that is our weakpoint, the development side!

If DRDO and other PSU's are asked to develop the AMCA...then this thread is gonna run for eternity.

AMCA may be the first completely indigenous fighter aircraft in IAF's inventory by 2022-23....by 2017 India will start the development of this indigenous stealth fighter & around 2020-21 it will take first official flight & after that flight test it may take upto 2-3 years more to be cleared by IAF for operational induction into its fleet....& by 2030 IAF may have upto 60-80 or even 100 (if developed fast) AMCA aircrafts in its inventory, it will have 5.5th Generation Capability that will give it the power of serving the role of both 5th & 6th Generation Stealth fighters, if needed......!!!

As long as Kaveri doesn't evolve nothing will ever happen.:hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom