What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

I don't understand that how long we are gonna say R.I.P?how long we will keep on burying our women,children,our parents, jawans?
Our government must make clear policy against these terrorists,we condemn such black-listed monstrous terrorists organizations.

Indians at work again.

Only thinking like an Indian would you attack ISI and Sri Lankan cricketers.

Release the evidence and declare war, time to settle old scores.

Everything that goes wrong is ' because of someone else" !

i am in no mood to waste my time with a troll like you, just read you post # 2165 , where YOU said ISI has been not been attacked by militants, and they are the only organization safe - i know where you were going with this.....but I will repeat myself again ISI has been attacked too

You are overreacting dude. All I am saying is that the terrorists are becoming more and more daring. First it was civilians, then police, then army and now ISI..

Please leave and no need to comment if you cant respect the fallen soliders.....
Btw @Zarvan media is reporting it as attack on dig house?.....covering up the story perhaps i guess

It was ISI office at least two off ISI men are dead most media is telling that its ISI office

Last edited by a moderator:
You are overreacting dude. All I am saying is that the terrorists are becoming more and more daring. First it was civilians, then police, then army and now ISI..

Posted by someone who has no idea of the situation other than NDTV.
The ISI was possibly the first to be hit as certain Taliban members ratted out ISI operatives in villages and many of these gentlemen were tortured and mutilated in the worst possible manner. The ISI has been attacked again and again since 2007, so perhaps you need to go do a bit of research before returning.

Sukkur blasts: ISI compound cleared of terrorists

KARACHI: A series of blasts rocked the southern town of Sukkur late Wednesday as militants rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into a compound of Pakistan’s premier intelligence agency, security officials said.

At least seven people were killed and over 40 injured in the brazen attack on the local headquarters of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), said DG Rangers Major-General Rizwan Akhtar.

The terrorists had seized control of one government building, and security forces locked into a grueling gun-battle with the attackers lasting over an hour in the high-security Barrage Colony area of Sukkur, located around 500 kilometres from Karachi, the main city of Sindh province.

Akhtar confirmed that the ISI compound had now been cleared of the militants.

“All three terrorists who entered the compound have been killed. Casualties and damage assessment is in progress and a search operation for any leftover explosives is underway,” said Akhtar.

He said the front wall and gate of the ISI headquarters has been blown away by the impact of the first blast.

Another building caught fire and the wall of a third had collapsed, the state-owned channel PTV reported earlier.

One more attacker was suspected to be alive and hiding in a building, said Masood Bangash, the deputy superintendent of police in Sukkur.

A senior police official said it appeared to be “an organised terrorist attack”.

Militants have launched such sophisticated attacks before, but Sukkur has been traditionally immune from such violence.

Last year, militants attacked Kamra, a major airbase, and damaged an aircraft.

The year before, Pakistani Taliban gunmen attacked a naval base in Karachi, the country’s biggest city. Ten military personnel were killed in the 16-hour assault.

In 2009, they attacked the national army headquarters in the garrison town of Rawalpindi, close to the federal capital.

Sukkur blasts: ISI compound cleared of terrorists - DAWN.COM

It was first reported 10 terrorists attacked, but media now saying all 5 terrorists have been killed. Whats the correct and true version?

Posted by someone who has no idea of the situation other than NDTV.
The ISI was possibly the first to be hit as certain Taliban members ratted out ISI operatives in villages and many of these gentlemen were tortured and mutilated in the worst possible manner. The ISI has been attacked again and again since 2007, so perhaps you need to go do a bit of research before returning.

Thanks kind sir for the correction. And I believe such forums themselves are a good source of research. All of us learn by exchanging such information.

So, here we go. Ramazaan has arrived and with it the violence perpetrated by these degenerates of ttp. It seems for the past couple of years there strategy revolves around dealing as much damage during ramazaan as possible.

Their thinking behind this must be that people are fasting, so they'll be less attentive and energetic won't be able to fight to their full capacity due to the hunger and this will give them a big window to succeed. Some of the big attacks were launched after the breaking of the fast cuz people feel even more drained after they break their fast.

Expect more attacks during the last ten days. I would put the entire country and especially the military installations at highest alert the last seven days of ramazaan, regardless of whether threats were intercepted or not. Prepare yourself.

Gunmen target FRP deputy commander in Peshawar
By AFP Published: July 25, 2013
PESHAWAR: Gunmen ambushed Deputy Commander of Frontier Reserve Police Gul Wali Khan as he headed to work in Peshawar on Thursday, seriously wounding him and killing his bodyguard and driver, officials said.
“Khan was going to his office from home when four people on two motorbikes lay in wait on both sides of the road,” police official Imran Shahid said.
“They opened fire on his vehicle. His bodyguard and his driver have been killed,” Shahid told AFP.
A spokesman for the Lady Reading Hospital said the commander was in a critical condition.
“We have received two dead bodies and the situation of the deputy commander is critical. He has been hit by three bullets and he is in surgery,” the spokesman, Jamil Shah, told AFP.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
The attack came hours after suicide gunmen and car bombers targeted an office of ISI in Sukkur, sparking a shootout that left seven people dead.

1012429_10151678411034130_54950924_n.jpg

According to media reports, #TTP Jindullah Group Spokesman Ahmed Marwat claims the responsibility of yesterday's attack on ISI in Sukkur

Those who choose to side with conspiracy theories should realize that the terrorists are only focused on pushing their deadly agenda forward. They are not concerned with our failure to realize the obvious; they just continue to push their deadly agenda forward. Time after time we find the same culprits behind these attacks. We’ve just approached the midpoint in Ramadan, and these terrorists have already conducted several deadly acts of terror. The seriousness of the situation requires us to refrain from indulging in the conspiracy theories, and instead, focus our efforts against those who are looking to disrupt our peace objectives. We have full confidence in Pakistan’s ability to counter the threat posed by the extremist organizations. We are working closely with the government of Pakistan and hope to negate the common threat through mutual cooperation.
We repeat what Jen Psaki, Department of State Spokesperson, said recently: “The United States stands with the people of Pakistan in condemning such senseless and inhumane acts [recent bombings]. We offer our deepest condolences to the families of those killed and wish those injured a speedy recovery.”

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

PESHAWAR: The Tehrik-i-Taliban Jundullah group on Thursday claimed responsibility for the attack on the compound of Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) in Sukkur.

Spokesperson for the proscribed militant group, Ahmed Marwat, told Dawn.com from an undisclosed location that the attack was carried out in retaliation to the recent killing of their comrade, Waliur Rehman, and drone strikes carried in the region.

He further claimed that "the militant organisation had sent four suicide bombers to target the ISI office because the Pakistani Army and ISI are working in connivance with the US."

An apparent suicide bomber first blew himself up in front of a police building on Wednesday and then a second suicide bomber detonated an explosive-filled car outside the ISI office in Sukkur.

The terrorists had seized control of one government building, sparking a shoot-out between the militants and security forces in the high-security Barrage Colony area.

At least nine people were killed, including five attackers and four agency officials in the attack.

http://dawn.com/news/1031848/pakist...group-claims-responsibility-for-sukkur-attack

Those who choose to side with conspiracy theories should realize that the terrorists are only focused on pushing their deadly agenda forward. They are not concerned with our failure to realize the obvious; they just continue to push their deadly agenda forward. Time after time we find the same culprits behind these attacks. We’ve just approached the midpoint in Ramadan, and these terrorists have already conducted several deadly acts of terror. The seriousness of the situation requires us to refrain from indulging in the conspiracy theories, and instead, focus our efforts against those who are looking to disrupt our peace objectives. We have full confidence in Pakistan’s ability to counter the threat posed by the extremist organizations. We are working closely with the government of Pakistan and hope to negate the common threat through mutual cooperation.
We repeat what Jen Psaki, Department of State Spokesperson, said recently: “The United States stands with the people of Pakistan in condemning such senseless and inhumane acts [recent bombings]. We offer our deepest condolences to the families of those killed and wish those injured a speedy recovery.”

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

I am sorry, this post sounds like a sermon..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom