What's new

Acts of Terrorism in Pakistan

I dont know how much more time our nation will take for them to realise that they should be standing against this problem very very strongly.

Our problem is that someone has to dramatize a particular problem in order for the nation to realise the importance of it..like the CJ case. Otherwise our people are ignorant and behiss.

Why dosent any lawyer, any journalist, any civil society comes on street and protest against these bombings??, how come all these people have time to take out rallies only for the lawyers propaganda campaign??
I havent seen any religion scholar come on television and initiate any talks in which he condems these acts and show his support for the government for taking out these people.

Shame on those people who instead are blaming the GoP as the cause of
this.

May they Rest in Peace. Ameen
Keep it up bro we need to stand UNITED and we need to fight this war together either with words. since this is all we can do. I say our Religous Scholars need to come on TV and debat with those who talk in the favor of these terrorist 2nd is I want USA to give us logistec support not man power but UAVs and inteligens over bait ullah massood, radio mullah and etc. BLA etc :pakistan:

:pakistan::angry::angry:were is our internal securty.i think there is no gov in pakistan:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

bloody animals they will never stop i say just build a fence around waziristan and carpet bomb the whole place more people are dying from suicide bombings than from military operations.May the victims R.I.P.
No deals with them !

LAHORE: At least 25 people including 13 FIA officials were killed and over 200 others were injured when two bombs that ripped through a federal police headquarters and an advertising agency in the Pakistani city of Lahore on Tuesday, police said.

The deadliest blast demolished much of the federal police headquarters in the heart of the eastern city, while the other hit an advertising office several kilometers (miles) away. Two children were among the dead.

Rescue workers in orange jackets frantically clawed through the debris at the site of the blast at the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), which deals mainly with immigration and people smuggling.

"It was a suicide attack on the FIA office and it was the target," Lahore police chief Malik Mohammad Iqbal said.

Lawyer Wali Mohammed Khan, who was on the second floor of the building when the explosion happened, said the blast was "so intense that I was literally blown off my chair."

"There was blood everywhere. I also saw mutilated limbs and body parts scattered around the reception area of the building," Khan said.

FIA chief Tariq Pervaz said paramedics were "trying to rescue survivors from under the rubble." FIA sources said that at least 13 employees were among the dead.

The building also housed the offices of a US-trained special investigation unit created to counter terrorism, which was possibly the intended target, security officials said.

Pools of blood and small pieces of human flesh lay scattered on the ground outside the eight-storey building, along with clothes and pairs of shoes that were abandoned by people as they ran away.

The second near-simultaneous blast was also caused by a suicide car bomb and hit an advertising agency in an upscale neighbourhood of the city, killing another four people, including two children, police said.

"An explosives-laden vehicle was rammed into the office," interior ministry spokesman Brigadier Javed Cheema said.

Many of the attacks have targeted the armed forces, police and security forces. The army's top medical officer, Lieutenant General Mushtaq Baig, was killed in a suicide attack in the garrison city of Rawalpindi on February 25.

13 FIA officials among 25 killed in Lahore twin bombs

FIA building was the well calculated target as there were about 20 Foreigners arrested for terrorims activities inside Pakistan who were being interogated at the building.

Specially those who were arrested for the Naval War college blasts were also being interogated at FIA building.

And excuses for the terrorists continue...I only wish that a few of these bastards lose their loved ones at the hands of these bombers: :angry:

The party of Nawaz Sharif, set to be the junior partner in the incoming coalition, blamed military operations ordered by U.S.-backed President Pervez Musharraf for destabilizing the country and called for him to resign.

"He has carried out indiscriminate operations in the tribal areas that have opened up new fault lines in Pakistani society," party spokesman Ahsan Iqbal said.

A spokesman for the country's largest Islamic group, Jamaat-e-Islami, blamed Musharraf's friendship with the U.S. for a campaign of attacks inside Pakistan.

"It started when we started having a friendship with America. There were no suicide bombings in this country before that," Syed Munawar Hasan told Dawn News television service. "Unless there are whole domestic and foreign policy changes, I don't think this is going to stop."

24 killed in Pakistan suicide bombings - Yahoo! News

It was a big bang.

Why did they attack residential buildings?

Asim there were two blasts rather three blasts.

two at the FIA building and one at an Advertsiment Agency building in Model Town Lahore.

The building blast seemed to create more chaos and divert attention.

The FIA blasts were similar in nature as those done at Naval War College few days back.

In FIA blasts it is said that there was 41 KG explosive was used.

An offcial is being shown by a channel saying that there used to be a unit at model town where some terrorists used be interogated which was later shifted.

If it is true then one can understand why the building was targted

Not very reassuring coming from interior ministry itself. One would think that with close to 80 suicide bombings, these guys would be after come folks but the words of Mr. Cheema show that like himself, the entire IM is clueless:

NAMELESS, FACELESS

Police said the second car bomb blew up after it was stopped at the gate of an advertising agency office, near the Lahore home of Asif Ali Zardari, the widower of assassinated former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.

Zardari, who led Bhutto's party to election victory last month, said this week the party would not flinch from a long fight against militancy. He was in Islamabad on Tuesday.

Provincial governments had been asked to review security plans and accelerate intelligence gathering to try to stop bombers before they strike, Cheema said.

"Unfortunately our enemy is nameless, faceless," Cheema said, adding that bombers worked in small groups or even alone.

Suicide blasts kill 24 in Pakistan's Lahore - Yahoo! Singapore News

Not very reassuring coming from interior ministry itself. One would think that with close to 80 suicide bombings, these guys would be after come folks but the words of Mr. Cheema show that like himself, the entire IM is clueless:

Suicide blasts kill 24 in Pakistan's Lahore - Yahoo! Singapore News

Nothing to be clueless atleast when during Lal Masjid episode the RATS threatened to let loose hunderds of suicide bombers and also when the EX-CJ Chaudhry Iftikhar let those arrrested over grave charges of terrorism and suicide bombing.

Pluse Baitullah Mehsud and his foreing funding enemies of Pakistan.
I one again would ask if you guys Remember Qari Saifullah ??????????

Its understandable for them to cancel it. If the security situation cannot be improved then it would be stupid to invite outsiders to come and play. The crackpots can just as easily go after foreigners visiting. Cricket is minor thing. The impact of this crap will be on the FDI big time. On the other hand, one gleam of hope is that these bombings in the heart of Pakistan and Punjab are bound to have intense public reaction (or at least one would hope for it) and maybe put some realization in the minds of Pakistanis that regardless of their gripes with the Musharraf government and disagreement with the US GWOT, this threat has to be handled post haste albeit very comprehensively and methodically.

Yeh the PCB chair today announced that the tour isnt gonna take place and Pakistan was not ready to play home series at some neutral place.

I think it is understandable as in such cricumstances the tour cant take place.

The PCB will lose a lot of money and move even closer to bankruptcy without meaningful international cricket matches (not really sure another tour with Bangladesh would be very meaningful). They should concede and reconsider playing in neutral venues. Perhaps schedule matches against Australia in India so that players can play both the Pak matches as well as the IPL.

Back
Top Bottom