What's new

About cows and India.

From what I see, there are special legislations to protect slaughter of this farm-animal. Heck, there was a thread here which suggests that the government is imposing an extra tax for improving the condition of this animal. Now, this is as serious as an animal can be taken. I am not sure it's just a small minority who takes it so seriously.

In India, by law some animals are not supposed to be killed and that has been the same since independence, the present govt has only emphasized it. The present Govt has only banned illegal slaughterhouses and not everything.

Okay folks, just listen before you bring out the pitch forks. I know cow is somehow a sensitive topic here. Can someone tell me :

1. Why do Indians take cows so seriously? I get it that it is related to religion but still! You raise them as farm animals, you milk them daily for drink and yet they are sacred and cannot be eaten? That weird! Milk is very much animal protein, so is flesh! In fact many vegans treat milk as liquid flesh.

2. In India, so many cows roam about freely --from the pictures I have see. Even then they are sacred? I mean folks I know treat Bible as sacred but they don't throw it out usually. How come sending cows on streets still keeps them sacred?

3. Even if something is sacred, you don't go about killing people for that. How come killing folks who kill a cow they bought for food becomes such an issue that they come and lynch people?

4. Also, why do people bring cow piss in all the discussions on this forum. Every now and then I will see someone say "Go drink cow piss" or something. Whats so obsession with cow urine? Or is it just a way to insult. Like spanish say "go eff a fish".
--------------------------
1.Cow is not sacred for most, cow is revered, perhaps due to its economical value in the past.

2. No definitely not, some cows die of neglect and diseases. Some even die due to obstruction caused by eating polythenes and plastics etc. Ideally all cows should be kept in "gaushala" or animal husbandry farms and no animals should roam the street. but than nobody cares.

3. Killing anyone for any reason is ethically,morally & legally wrong. Its a crime in India too. Those who does killing for any reason are criminals and they donot by any means represent the sentiments.law and culture of India. In some state killing of cows is legal,in other only consumption is allowed and in some both consumption and killing is forbidden. As long as citizens follow the rules, no body should fear for any legal action.

4. Its an insult. Until i joined the forum I didnt even know that some people use it. But than i also didnt know that estrogen-replacement drug like Premarin are made directly from horse urine. I m sure some of the members mommy or wife are taking estrogen-progesterone replacement therapy aka horse piss.

1.Cow is not sacred for most, cow is revered, perhaps due to its economical value in the past.
Well, so is the camel in many traditions, but nowhere it becomes a political issue like it is becoming in India. And people are definitely not lynched for killing camels.

3. Killing anyone for any reason is ethically,morally & legally wrong. Its a crime in India too. Those who does killing for any reason are criminals and they donot by any means represent the sentiments.law and culture of India. In some state killing of cows is legal,in other only consumption is allowed and in some both consumption and killing is forbidden. As long as citizens follow the rules, no body should fear for any legal action.
You do understand that you have to kill plants to harvest their seeds. Seeds which can bear fresh life. And you destroy that to prepare your food.

2. No definitely not, some cows die of neglect and diseases. Some even die due to obstruction caused by eating polythenes and plastics etc. Ideally all cows should be kept in "gaushala" or animal husbandry farms and no animals should roam the street. but than nobody cares.
Why only cows then? Goats are also having the same properties.
Infact if no one cares then repeal the law! Let people have a decent source of protein!

4. Its an insult. Until i joined the forum I didnt even know that some people use it. But than i also didnt know that estrogen-replacement drug like Premarin are made directly from horse urine. I m sure some of the members mommy or wife are taking estrogen-progesterone replacement therapy aka horse piss.
Okay, so this is contrary to what the other poster mentioned.

See, I don't deny there is some wisdom in traditional medicines. I know Asprin originally was willow bark when someone found the active ingredient in it --salicylic acid if my memory serves me right. Even Chinese found a new drug for malaria in their herbs from traditional Chinese medicine and they found a way to synthesise it. If something exists in Cow-urine, it should be found and synthesized! But then this entire thing looks more like a conclusion assumed than derived.
The chain of thought seems like :
Milk is nutritious -> Cow is precious -> Cow is divine -> Even Cow's urine is good for you. We will figure out it is good for what later.

Cow urine contains nitrogen, sulphur, phosphate, sodium, manganese, iron, silicon, chlorine, magnesium, maleic, citric, tartaric and calcium salts, vitamin A, B, C, D, E, minerals, lactose, enzymes, creatinine, hormones and gold acids. Ingredients of cow urine are similar with human body. Hence consumption of cow urine is useful to maintain the balance of these substances and cures incurable diseases6 . Medicinal Properties of Cow urine has been granted by US, as Patents (No. 6,896,907 and 6,410,059); bioenhancer, antibiotic, antifungal, and anticancer agent properties are particularly mentioned in those patents. Cow urine increases potency of “Taxol” (paclitaxel) against MCF-7, a human breast cancer cell line, in in vitro assays (US Patent No. 6,410,059).

https://www.ijrap.net/admin/php/uploads/1919_pdf.pdf

Well, so is the camel in many traditions, but nowhere it becomes a political issue like it is becoming in India. And people are definitely not lynched for killing camels.

You do understand that you have to kill plants to harvest their seeds. Seeds which can bear fresh life. And you destroy that to prepare your food.

Why only cows then? Goats are also having the same properties.
Infact if no one cares then repeal the law! Let people have a decent source of protein!

Okay, so this is contrary to what the other poster mentioned.

1. North India
2. How to apply your analogy with humans.
3. No one cares means implementation of law is weak, not the law itself. And when i said cow it included all animals. All animals should be taken care of. As for eating cow-beef. Beef is not necessary or even important for survival. Some states allows it others dont. JUST follow the rule.

2. How to apply your analogy with humans.
Oh I misread that part. Disregard it. I thought it was against killing the cows. My apologies.

3. No one cares means implementation of law is weak, not the law itself. And when i said cow it included all animals. All animals should be taken care of. As for eating cow-beef. Beef is not necessary or even important for survival. Some states allows it others dont. JUST follow the rule.
Beef can be a decent source of protein. Surely it is not the only source but usually, it tends to be a cheaper source. Rules are usually for a reason. Here the reason seems to be religious ego.

I think all the psychotic killing in going on in the north.

Here things had come back to normal in months.

Now when the Congress comes back, I predict a brief period of rebound slaughter and consumption, before things return to normal.

Cheers, Doc

North as in Kashmir? Too much trouble in one single province!

Where is here?

Now when the Congress comes back, I predict a brief period of rebound slaughter and consumption, before things return to normal.
Congress? Rebound? Please be clear.
How come Indian Congress is out of power? Last I heard there was no political break-down in India.

You are a medical doctor? Whats your opinion about this 'medical properties of cow urine'. Has there been systematic research on this?

Cheers, Doc
You should come Rajashtan and see many people commit suicide when their animal is stolen(Cow). Their household revolve around animal.
Rich people will never understand rural India as they never lived there.

I have seen homelessness and poverty and suicides due to losing jobs. These all are economic distress. We are currently having a housing distress here in Vancouver due to high prices. But all of these are remedied via proper insurance, veterinary care etc. It's a policy matter, not a religious matter. You should lynch governments for not providing insurance for animal wealth, not people who are slaughtering farm-animals for food.

You should come Rajashtan and see many people commit suicide when their animal is stolen(Cow). Their household revolve around animal.

Bro please understand that no one goes out of the way to kill a milk giving cow. Remember, even Muslim babies drink milk.

Its always (for decades, maybe longer) been that bulls, bullocks, oxen, and old cows that have been slaughtered for meat.

The BJP came in and hit this where it hurt most in the stomach of millions of Indians.

Out of spite. Lets call a spade a spade here.

Cheers, Doc

North as in Kashmir? Too much trouble in one single province!

Where is here?

Congress? Rebound? Please be clear.
How come Indian Congress is out of power? Last I heard there was no political break-down in India.

You are a medical doctor? Whats your opinion about this 'medical properties of cow urine'. Has there been systematic research on this?

First please tell me your race, ethnicity, and country of origin of your family.

I'm surely not talking to a white Canadian here.

Cheers, Doc

First please tell me your race, ethnicity, and country of origin of your family.

I'm surely not talking to a white Canadian here.

Cheers, Doc
I am a Canadian of Scottish descent. If it helps, I have some Greek blood as well. My ancestors moved to Canada quite a while back.

I am a Canadian of Scottish descent. If it helps, I have some Greek blood as well. My ancestors moved to Canada quite a while back.

And you are so deeply interested in India and her cows because?

Cheers, Doc

And you are so deeply interested in India and her cows because?
I had no interest in cows before coming here. But then here you learn few things :-

1. There are two sets in the universe of discourse of this forum. First is China-Pakistan and second is India. If you disagree to the opinions of the first set even slightly, you are delegated to the second set.

2. For some weird reason, every thread has reference to cow-urine. Every God-damn single thread. Be it missiles, geo-politics or history. There is a reference to cows and their urine. Everywhere!

3. For some reason there are two major Indian news themes are covered here -- outside of Kashmir of-course. Cows, Beef, lynching, and lynching because of cows -- including state sponsored cows. The second is rape.

So it leads to the logical conclusion to enquire : What the hell is going on? What is the deal with India and Cows? And what the heck cow-urine is doing in all this hot mess?

I have seen homelessness and poverty and suicides due to losing jobs. These all are economic distress. We are currently having a housing distress here in Vancouver due to high prices. But all of these are remedied via proper insurance, veterinary care etc. It's a policy matter, not a religious matter. You should lynch governments for not providing insurance for animal wealth, not people who are slaughtering farm-animals for food.
Look dude recently our PM introduced Insurance for humans , we are not par with Canada in development. We hardly insure our people and you are talking about cows. You won't get it as you see everything from Canadian lenses.

Bro please understand that no one goes out of the way to kill a milk giving cow. Remember, even Muslim babies drink milk.

Its always (for decades, maybe longer) been that bulls, bullocks, oxen, and old cows that have been slaughtered for meat.

The BJP came in and hit this where it hurt most in the stomach of millions of Indians.

Out of spite. Lets call a spade a spade here.

Cheers, Doc
Bhai all your information is second,third and god knows how many hands. You literally have no idea on ground realities of this area.
You are good friend so i will leave at that if you interested i am willing to have private conversation.

As for your comment-

That is so true then i think again about your ground level information. Many Jaats are furious in my area who showing dislikes for BJP. (Recently Kisan march on Delhi which was stopped in Ghaziabad)

Back
Top Bottom