What's new

About Colonel M N Rai, who died fighting militants in Jammu and Kashmir

Should have put a bullet in the head of the father and the brother of the terrorist. Such a highl ranking and decorated officer can't be sacrificed on such missions.

RIP Sanjeev Singh.

And i thought you were a Pak guy from Karachi.
I am both. But both my parents were born in Lucknow and that place should have gone to Pakistan. When people ask me where I am from I am usually confused what to tell them, especially since I was born in Islamabad myself. Theres nothing wrong with being a lucknowi. That is our original identity rather than muhajir which is a racist blanket term we choose to introduce ourselves as. If moving from one place to another makes you muhajir then Balochs in Punjab, pashtuns in karachi are all muhajirs.

I think the biggest untold disaster in history of us is our refusal to recognize the sacrifices of the muslim particularly of UP for Pakistan. There are multiple problems that have come in the way of us utilizing them as a force that together with Pakistan would be unmatched.

The dilemna is that Muslims left there in Lucknow don't want to remember our shared Pakistani history (At least 75% of all muslims voted for the AIML or the Pakistan muslim league as it later came to be known as)to merge in the national fabric and not be called traitors by Hindutvadis. Muslims in Pakistan on the other hand don't care and this refusal to care about the muslims left (which could have been molded into a weapon or irregular militia for Pakistan) has let many muslims there down.

Btw I am from Firangi Mahal. Google it. My grand father from my mothers side has a mazaar. He was one of the most valient supporters of Pakistan. I respect him immensely even though I have heard little but stories about. Even though he got left behind in Lucknow he married almost every child to Pakistanis.

I am both. But both my parents were born in Lucknow and that place should have gone to Pakistan. When people ask me where I am from I am usually confused what to tell them, especially since I was born in Islamabad myself. Theres nothing wrong with being a lucknowi. That is our original identity rather than muhajir which is a racist blanket term we choose to introduce ourselves as. If moving from one place to another makes you muhajir then Balochs in Punjab, pashtuns in karachi are all muhajirs.

I think the biggest untold disaster in history of us is our refusal to recognize the sacrifices of the muslim particularly of UP for Pakistan. There are multiple problems that have come in the way of us utilizing them as a force that together with Pakistan would be unmatched.

The dilemna is that Muslims left there in Lucknow don't want to remember our shared Pakistani history (At least 75% of all muslims voted for the AIML or the Pakistan muslim league as it later came to be known as)to merge in the national fabric and not be called traitors by Hindutvadis. Muslims in Pakistan on the other hand don't care and this refusal to care about the muslims left (which could have been molded into a weapon or irregular militia for Pakistan) has let many muslims there down.

Btw I am from Firangi Mahal. Google it. My grand father from my mothers side has a mazaar. He was one of the most valient supporters of Pakistan. I respect him immensely even though I have heard little but stories about. Even though he got left behind in Lucknow he married almost every child to Pakistanis.

I know about Firangi Mehal... are you related to Maulana Jamal Mian in anyway?

Hes from my province. I don't like people from my area taking a job in fields such as the army but it was his choice. RIP to him.
Highest number of officers joining IA are from UP Mr closet jihadi. Captain Manoj Pandey from Lucknow died fighting for his motherland in the kargil war and was awarded India's highest military honour PVC, there's an intersection named Manoj Pandey chauraha in Lucknow.

Pretty amusing that you are still confused about your identity after 67 years of partition. You seem to be embarrassed to disclose your nationality hence the need to pass off as a Lucknowite when you are a karachiite. You brazenly display your jihadist mentality when you advocate using Indian Muslim population as cannon fodder by acting Pakistan's militia to fulfill your wet jihadi dreams of chaos and anarchy in India. Too bad for you Indian Muslims don't live in the lalaland where you dwell and they certainly won't want to make Lucknow another Karachi.

Last edited:
318820-rai-2.jpg

318967-28-1-2015-d-gh6-o.jpg

Sanjeev_Singh_MN_Rai_killed_in_JK_encounter_650.jpg

RIP
1619533_1555145681391549_867441725827216329_n.jpg

An interesting off topic post.

I life lived well!
Salute and rest in peace brave heart.

Hes from my province. I don't like people from my area taking a job in fields such as the army but it was his choice. RIP to him.
U.P has long tradition of martyrs and and imp source of manpower for army and Paramilitary.

Does any one know where he was from btw. Thanx please. Was he resident of jammu and kashmir?
From my root district Gazipur in UP. Gazipur is such a district where more or less but every family has a soldier in army or para military. Param Veer Chakra awardee Abdul Hamid was from there too. Col Rai's another brother is also a colonel in Army while another brother is an officer in CRPF. Their father was in Army too.

The Chief of Army Staff, General Dalbir Singh paying homage to martyred Col M.N. Rai, in New Delhi on January 29, 2015.
s2015012961756.jpg

Back
Top Bottom