What's new

About Career in Pakistan Rangers, Compared with Pak Army.

dentor

New Recruit

Reaction score
Salam. I want to know about career in Sindh Rangers.
What I already know is that: 1)Officers are recruited as BPS-14 Sub Inspector.
2)Education atleast upto Intermediate is required.
3)30 yrs is the upper age limit for recruitement.
4)Civillians can go upto BPS-19 SSR (Super Superintendent of Rangers), above that the posts are for Armed Forces personnel only.

(Plz Correct me if I m wrong.)

What I dont know is that:

1) What is the Training period and place, and what kind of training they get (unarmed combat, para trooping & swimming and stuff like included or not) and can we compare that training with that of Army?

2) Does it have any Commando division? I have heard something about Red Commandos of Rangers but not sure what they are? Do they have any upper age limit (like that of Army SSG - 25 yrs)?

3) Does it have its own Intelligence wing? or can they join ISI later in their life?

4) For how many years is the Bond of Service (Army has 17 years)?

5) Do they have corruption like Police?

6) What is the Stipend/Salary during Training and that of Sub Inspector?

7) How much good and adventurous is the life of a Ranger Officer (I'll be glad if any experienced one would tell about this), & Can it prove to be a substitute for Pak Army for a person like me who could not join the forces due to being over age (I will be 25 in May 2014)......?

Thanks in advance.

1) The training period is 6 months and the cadets receive training from Rangers Training Centre & School. I don't know if one can compare their training with that of Army maybe someone from Pakistan Armed Forces can clear that.
2) Pakistan Rangers do have a commando section called Rangers Anti Terrorist (RATs). This section was raised in early 2004 and were trained by Zarrar Company of the Special Services Group. RATs have also participated in exercises with UK's Special Air Service and US Army Rangers.
3) They do have their separate intelligence network. I don't know about the ISI part though.
4) I don't know about the bond of service maybe someone from Pakistan Armed Forces can clear that.
5) Every department in Pakistan has corrupt officials but if a Ranger personnel is caught they are tried and punished just like Army, Navy or Air Force. They have their own justice system.
6) No stipend is given during training. I visited Rangers Training Centre & School once and had a nice conversation with one of the cadets there. He said no stipend is given to the cadets unlike Army, Navy or Air Force.
7) Of course, their life is good and adventurous (I have friends serving in Pakistan Rangers Sindh) and it can be a good substitute for someone who can't join Inter Services. It's a tough lifestyle though and Rangers personnel are tough as hell. Guarding a border is not an easy task.

Back
Top Bottom