What's new

Abdul Sattar Edhi vs. Lawyers

asaad-ul-islam

Reaction score
i'm sorry, I thought just thought that I HAD to share this with you all. it's hilarious!:pop: This is gold, i think you guys will get a good laugh out of this. Abdul Sattar Edhi states the lawyers only care for themselves, guess what the lawyer rebuttal was?

Lawyers causing troubles for the poor: Edhi
Source: OUR STAFF REPORTER July 3, 2008

LAHORE - Abdul Sattar Edhi Wednesday reached Lahore and launched his charity campaign to provide food for the poor all over the country. He started his ‘Bheek’ mission from The Mall Road.

Earlier, addressing a press conference at the Lahore Press Club, Abdul Sattar Edhi said the foundation had started its drive across the country and in this regard he had visited Balochistan and NWFP where people who were mostly poor and labourer gave him a warm welcome by taking part in the charity campaign.

Edhi said that before his visit to Balochistan and NWFP some people warned him about life threats saying that he would be robbed of his money in the said areas but he told these people that nothing would happen to him because Mulla Umar was his close friend as he had spent more than three years in Afghanistan in his company.

Contrary to the life threats, he said, the people of Balochistan and NWFP had donated hansom money to make the campaign successful.

The basic purpose to collect charity was to help the poor people by providing them free food and medicine at around 325 Edhi centres set up across the country, he said.

“It is purely a ‘Bheek’ mission started only to get rid of poverty”, he said adding that he hoped the masses would support the charity campaign and make it more successful.

He said international donors had invited him to start the said charity programme at international level but he refused in the larger interests of the Pakistani nation.

To a query, he said that deposed judges were struggling for their jobs instead of noble cause of restoration of judiciary. He said that the lawyers’ movement was causing troubles for the poor, as they have no concern with the problems of the masses. The movement of the lawyers was going on wrong directions, Abdul Sattar Edhi said. He hailed the role of President Musharraf saying that he (President) had given him a cheque of Rs. 100,000 from his pocket for food as well as medicines.

To another question, Abdul Sattar Edhi said that all the politicians had no sympathy with the poor people of the country, as major focus of their political activities was their own benefits. He claimed that Imran Khan and former ISI chief Lt Gen (r) Hameed Gul met him and asked him that they wanted to make him the President of Pakistan but he flatly refused the both.

Abdul Sattar Edhi denied the allegations of providing weapons to the woman of Lebanon to be used against Israel saying that it was a conspiracy of the Jews.

To another query he said that the foundation would not ask the landlords and wealthy people for donation as they were enemies of the country and also the poor people.

Replying a question, Mr Edhi said that he would not meet Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif during his stay in Lahore.

Giving schedule of his drive in the province as well as in Lahore, Abdul Sattar Edhi said that he would invite the people for charity by standing on main roads of the cities.

He later went to the Mall Road, Liberty and other parts of the city to collect donation from the people and spent some hours there.

Lawyers causing troubles for the poor: Edhi | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

‘Nawaz should be practical on sacked judges’ reinstatement’

Staff Report

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHCBA) members on Thursday demanded that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) should work for the reinstatement of sacked judges instead of “paying lip service”.

Addressing the general house meeting of the bar, LHCBA Secretary Rana Asadullah said that instead of just issuing statements for the judges’ reinstatement, PML-N chief Mian Nawaz Sharif should take practical steps for the lawyers’ movement.

“Nawaz should quit the coalition government if he is not being given any importance in making policies,” he said.

Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) member Hafiz Abdul Rehman Ansari said that Nawaz should support the sacked judges’ issue by adopting a one-side policy. “The Rs 50 million grant to the PBC has shown its effect among its members, who tired to get the constitutional package accepted at the council’s last meeting,” he added.

He also denounced Abdul Sattar Edhi for issuing a statement against the lawyers’ movement. “Lawyers are struggling for a cause much important than that he is struggling for,” he said.:cheesy::lol::rofl: ( oh man!!! this is just tooo good! )

Addressing the meeting, lawyers’ leader Hamid Khan Advocate said the PBC Executive Committee had rejected the constitutional package, which was “a joke with the nation”. He said that the package was presented to weaken the judiciary.

He demanded the judges be reinstated in line with the Murree declaration. He rejected the impression that the lawyers’ movement had lost its momentum, and said that lawyers would give an effective plan on July 19 to spearhead their movement.

LHCBA President Anwar Kamal said that no system could be succeeded if the sacked judges were not reinstated. Advocate Atir Mehmood said that the lawyers’ leaders should not issue statements about the movement that disappointed lawyers.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

P.S: just a side note, it's absolutely tragic how the youth of pakistan have been brainwashed, not by terrorists, but by lawyers. What is probably the most corrupt institution in Pakistan, is now hailed as a respectable field.

to think that the lawyers make an outrageous claim like that, "our movement is more important!" :rofl: man, this is just too good. I can't wait till the day when a iron-fisted, Stalin-like, dictator arises from the ashes of this country and slaughters these politicians, judiciary, fuedal lords, and PPP.

You know, this reminds me about my family's current and on-going case with the judiciary of Pakistan. some dude from, another corrupt institution, land regulating commitee claimed that my grandfather's warehouse was built out of bounds. As you can probably guess what happened next, he asked for a bribe to make it "all go away".

not wanting to see that man have the pleasure of robbing us, my uncle decided to file a case against in the court of law. This was years ago, even now we have to keep on coughing up money to keep this case going.

Obviously the judge is being bribed to push back the case and prolong so that we can give up. You know my uncle probably feels so stupid right now, I mean did he seriously think he could get justice in south asia?

Actually, lawyers are alright. However, the lawyers who are on the streets are pretty much on the payroll political parties like PPP and PML-N. The funny part is that PPP will not admit that it has no interest in sacking the current judges (which favor much of the PPP) because of the PML-N. If they totally side line the PML-N, then you can be sure that PPP will lose the next elections pretty nicely due to the reason that PML-N in the sidelines will increase her points much more than PPP ever will by sitting in the government.

Ah well. What will you do?
The lawyers protesting are stupid and don't care that they are hurting their country's image internationally.

Back
Top Bottom