What's new

Abbotabad. Pakistan

Do you know history of that area? I saw some walls made from big stones in Kangar bala, it seemed like some sort of fortress existed there at sometime, and if there was a fortress it means Abbottabad was not a city at that time (I have heard it was a lake full of water before that) the passage or the roads existed initially from tarbaila dam side?
Sorry I don't know history of that region
I only go there once in a year that too for a week or less

They come in to spend summer season especially ramzan there, they literally don't care about the city and its places, they disturb the peace, it becomes an overcrowded place with lahori style traffic on its already congested roads. Yeh bahi Thandiani visit karty hain aur savor k dabay yahan say sath lay k jaty hain aur wahan ja kay khulay may phaink kay a jaty hain. Now shopping plazas and shops have taken place of trees, good for business may be but not so good for city's look.

how is it any different than any cities in Pakistan, how many Pakistanis do care for the look of their city...in Karachi people throw their garbage outside in front of their house and never ever clean outside of their houses. some do care a little and take that garbage and pile it in one corner of their street, because garbage collection is 500 yards and God forbid if a Pakistani walk for something constructive

Photograph of Abbottabad, Pakistan, from the Macnabb Collection, taken by an unknown photographer in the 1860s. Abbottabad was founded in 1853 by Major James Abbott, the first Deputy Commissioner of the Hazara District. This district ran from the Himalayas in the north towards Rawalpindi in the south. Abbottabad was a cantonment, or permanent Army base, for the region. The garrison there consisted of four Gurkha battalions and four mountain batteries.

309963_466656820081443_1520902014_n.jpg

bhai jab is sher se hamara moo kala ho chuka to ab kaly hoon ya neely kya fark parta hai

care on not this black spot operation geronimo will remain face of this city now forever .

world most wanted terrorist was living here years and then killed by US forces . now until hundreds of years this place will be remember as terrorists safe heaven and US army enters pakistan slap on our face kill him take him and go . is se bari be izati aik mulk ke liye kya ho gee????
Sir, with all due respect, you probably don't understand how cruel the passage of time can get. From one generation to the next how time changes, memories fade and everything becomes part of history remembered only by bit and pieces.

Think about a significant event that took place a hundred years ago. How significant and vivid it was for the people who lived it and now think about how you, or all of us now reading about it feel, its quiet different.

Sir, with all due respect, you probably don't understand how cruel the passage of time can get. From one generation to the next how time changes, memories fade and everything becomes part of history remembered only by bit and pieces.

Think about a significant event that took place a hundred years ago. How significant and vivid it was for the people who lived it and now think about how you, or all of us now reading about it feel, its quiet different.

Well said.

i hate this city

Looks like a nice place...but the name will keep people away for time to come...rename it...it's named after a british guy right? Give it a Pakistani name.

Looks like a nice place...but the name will keep people away for time to come...rename it...it's named after a british guy right? Give it a Pakistani name.

The expats that I have met here have no problem visiting this city, and we don't want this city to be renamed, that British guy earned the right for a city to be named after him and we don't mind that and never bothered.

@Imran Khan Your hate for our city does not bothers us a bit try harder :D

The expats that I have met here have no problem visiting this city, and we don't want this city to be renamed, that British guy earned the right for a city to be named after him and we don't mind that and never bothered.

@Imran Khan Your hate for our city does not bothers us a bit try harder :D
huhhh osama ke hamsay

Abottabad is one of the most beautiful cities of Pakistan and it is the place where I smoke my first hard Cigg with my cousin, ooh man I flew directly above clouds come to my senses next day that little Cigg blew my mind for full 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom