What's new

Abandoning status as "Islamic Republic"

What direction do you want Pakistan to follow?

• Secular

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would anyone look up Alfred Stepan's 'Twin Toleration'; thats what I'd want Pakistan to be and thats what I think the Father had in mind ! :)

Pakistan would be the same country even if it was a secular republic. Our issues which hold us back have nothing to do with being an 'Islamic republic' but our inability to bring worthy leadership to rule. Pakistan in effect operates like a secular state.

Germany and UK have no strict segregation laws. Even the Australian parliament starts with the Lord's prayer. Countries that we regard as fully developed and industrialized have become so due to the rule of law, sound economic policies, education, investment in human capital, research and development and their ability to defend themselves. I can name you dozens of secular states that are either failed or failing.

How do you explain the anti-state madrasses all around the country because the goverment is too scarred to remove them as they have public support, and the move would be "anti-Islamic". Not to mention these same madrassas and mosques also don't want the polio vaccine and discourage the use and interest in technology as it is "anti-Islamic".

Every country has its own story, they cannot be compared most of the time.

Pakistan needs education, rule of law and clean govt before we can think about changing our identity.

To get this we need to change identity. For example, many people don't tolerate "western" style education because it is "un"-Islamic. This attitude is usually restricted to rural and some urban areas, where more than 50% of the population lives.

Only a complete moron would think I am suggesting diversion to secular country will solve all issues, but it will solve many issues.

All, Many
Many, All
There is a difference between them for people who have sense.

P.S How to do edit the poll? I am convinced the 'other' option doesn't make sense.

How do you explain the anti-state madrasses all around the country because the goverment is too scarred to remove them as they have public support, and the move would be "anti-Islamic". Not to mention these same madrassas and mosques also don't want the polio vaccine and discourage the use and interest in technology as it is "anti-Islamic".

Every country has its own story, they cannot be compared most of the time.

To get this we need to change identity. For example, many people don't tolerate "western" style education because it is "un"-Islamic. This attitude is usually restricted to rural and some urban areas, where more than 50% of the population lives.

Only a complete moron would think I am suggesting diversion to secular country will solve all issues, but it will solve many issues.

All, Many
Many, All
There is a difference between them for people who have sense.

P.S How to do edit the poll? I am convinced the 'other' option doesn't make sense.

Those problems won't go away by having a secular state, they will get worse.

Exactly how? That didn't happened in Turkey. Most social experts disagree with you, too.

Those problems won't go away by having a secular state, they will get worse.
He is living in his delusions, using Turkey to prove his point trying to fit that scenario in Pak unable to realize there is no similarity and comparison whatsoever with the mess we are in and Turkey's situation some 80 years ago, with no idea of ground realities frankly because he never left his computer table. Let him be.

He is living in his delusions, using Turkey to prove his point trying to fit that scenario in Pak unable to realize there is no similarity and comparison whatsoever with the mess we are in and Turkey's situation some 80 years ago, with no idea of ground realities frankly because he never left his computer table. Let him be.

lol, check whose talking. If you have no idea of my qualifications, then kindly don't comment on them.

Turkey comes from a much different context than us. Pakistan must find its own way and build its own unique structure. Those who want to secularize or Islamise Pakistan are its enemies.

According to you? A man who (from the looks of it) doesn't even lives in Pakistan?

It is pretty much a matter of perspective.
That's the Robles with most of these guys their love for country originate when they abandon it or their country abondon them.
Instead of being thankful to the secular state which gives them bread n butter. They ignore the very idea of that state and acceptance instead rave about failing condition of mother land.

Get in to the system and realise the condition. Secular state is only way to exist , being secluded will only make you easy target practice when you start extremist dance of violence.

@Ussaid Some members do have a point...you can not compare Turkey to Pakistan.

Turkish people are generally much more sensible, progressive and with substance as compared to general Pakistanis.

@Ussaid Some members do have a point...you can not compare Turkey to Pakistan.

Turkish people are generally much more sensible, progressive and with substance as compared to general Pakistanis.

That's the point. As long as Pakistanis like Horus exist, we will stay like this forever.

Back
Top Bottom