What's new

‘Aalishan Pakistan’ goes to India

Oh please you're just jealous that our superior textile products would destroy your industry ! :p:

After all it pains the eyes to see the kind of dresses that pseudo-designers like @SarthakGanguly comes up for Indian Ladies ! :disagree:

He probably should've chosen another profession than designing when he flunked his Medical College Finals twice in a row ! :undecided:

Maybe becoming a Brick-Layer like yourself would've been a better bet ! :unsure:

Now stop wasting time on the Internet & go mix the cement that you were supposed to about an hour ago ! :angry:
That's why I switched to making designer lungis - a readymade market is right to the East :D :devil:

Not matter what crap I make - they sell like anything :P

Inshallah!

Indian Muslims are waiting eagerly for that India.
LOLWA :D

Where do i report this Troll Post ?
You have to wait till Rajnikanth sir joins....
errr till PDF joins Rajnikanth. :coffee:

Oh please you're just jealous that our superior textile products would destroy your industry ! :p:
Dream on!!
And lets not forget that the "Indian" cotton was famous in Roman empire too.We Indians are known to be making cotton since atleast last 5000years.
And you know what?
Pakistan's cotton production has decreased in last 6years indicating that the quality of your textiles have gone down or that your market has been gobbled down by the Chinese textile industry. :lol:

Btw that reminds me of a famous Pakistani brand called "Khaadi" from where I purchase a lot of kurtas.Though expensive the store is known for its kurtas.Thats exactly where your textile industry will loose...your cotton is expensive.And in India cotton clothes are much cheaper.So I dont think Paksitani cotton would reduce the market of Indian cotton.

Armstrong said:
After all it pains the eyes to see the kind of dresses that pseudo-designers like @SarthakGanguly comes up for Indian Ladies ! :disagree:

He probably should've chosen another profession than designing when he flunked his Medical College Finals twice in a row ! :undecided:
I thought sarthak was an engg like me.

Armstrong said:
Maybe becoming a Brick-Layer like yourself would've been a better bet ! :unsure:

Now stop wasting time on the Internet & go mix the cement that you were supposed to about an hour ago ! :angry:
Heard of a cement mixer??? :coffee:

Inni trolling meri kissi troll ne bhi nai ki hai...amii you lil troll:pissed:

SarthakGanguly[/quote said:
copyright violation @Skull and Bones :coffee:

I think exhibition should go on without any trouble..... This is a just exhibition though timing is not good.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream on!!
And lets not forget that the "Indian" cotton was famous in Roman empire too.We Indians are known to be making cotton since atleast last 5000years.
And you know what?
Pakistan's cotton production has decreased in last 6years indicating that the quality of your textiles have gone down or that your market has been gobbled down by the Chinese textile industry. :lol:

We Indians ? :unsure:

South Asian is the correct term ! :coffee:

You South Indians were making Dosas & Coconut Chutneys when we Punjabis, Sindhis & other people from South Asia were growing cotton ! :P

Btw that reminds me of a famous Pakistani brand called "Khaadi" from where I purchase a lot of kurtas.Though expensive the store is known for its kurtas.Thats exactly where your textile industry will loose...your cotton is expensive.And in India cotton clothes are much cheaper.So I dont think Paksitani cotton would reduce the market of Indian cotton.

Thats just one of countless many Pakistani brands !

And of course its expensive - There is a difference between a Galaxy Tab & one made in the heart of Bangalore - Ain't it ?

Good things don't come cheap !

Crappy things on the other hand..... :whistle:

I don't know what he is anymore ! :(

Hes went from being a Hotelier to a Munshi to a Contractor & now someone who plays Video Games on the Computer aka Computer Science Major ! :undecided:

Cement mixer doesn't just do justice to the consistency of the mix ! :P

Do it with your hands.....now ! :angry:

I am the Greatest ! :smokin:

Dream on!!
And you know what?

copyright violation @Skull and Bones :coffee:

Please do not hinduzied history. Cotton was produced in Mehngarh, Balochistan first time 7000 years ago. And Pakistan production of cotton have not got down in last 6 years, another false information.

Please do not hinduzied history. Cotton was produced in Mehngarh, Balochistan first time 7000 years ago.
Thats not a hindu version of history.You've a skewed view of history and ergo your poor knowledge on the subject.
If you dont know a rare variety of block printed fabric from Gujarat was found in Egypt which dated back to 11th century.
The Spinning World: A Global History of Cotton Textiles, 1200-1850 - Google Books
Even Rig veda mentions of a flourishing cotton industry and i am not saffron-ising anything.

save_ghenda said:
And Pakistan production of cotton have not got down in last 6 years, another false information.
Well an article I read says so
In last six years, Pakistan’s production has decreased by 18.65 % while in the same period Indian has increased its cotton production by 19.86 % Cotton Production: Pakistan versus India | Agriculture Corner

ladies wear will be in demand... also leather goods... what else is in the exhibition...

Thats not a hindu version of history.You've a skewed view of history and ergo your poor knowledge on the subject.
If you dont know a rare variety of block printed fabric from Gujarat was found in Egypt which dated back to 11th century.
The Spinning World: A Global History of Cotton Textiles, 1200-1850 - Google Books
Even Rig veda mentions of a flourishing cotton industry and i am not saffron-ising anything.

Well an article I read says so
In last six years, Pakistan’s production has decreased by 18.65 % while in the same period Indian has increased its cotton production by 19.86 % Cotton Production: Pakistan versus India | Agriculture Corner

That cotton article is almost 3 years old! Also in the same article they talk about Mehergarh Balochistan 7000 years ago. While here you are giving exemple of Gujarat in 11th century.

From your posted article

''In early 1960s, some French Archeologist excavated the areas in Pakistan’s province of Baluchistan and found a city in Kuchhi district near district city Dhadher which was named as Mehergarh.There, they found traces of cotton and pieces of cotton cloth. Cotton growing and cloth making in this areas of Bolan valley are considered as old as some 5,000 B.C (7,000 years from 2000 A.D) It is believed that knowledge of cloth making was spread from Bolan / Indus valley first to Arab and then to Europe.''

Coming back to cotton production, here is latest news from couple of days ago. The reason for not sharp increase is this

''South Punjab – one of the best lands for cotton production – is facing numerous challenges like lack of water and the supply of pesticides to keep the cotton crop safe from viruses that adversely affect its per-acre production. A lot of farmers are also turning towards maize due to water shortage and problems of different cotton diseases.''

About 15.1m cotton bales production expected | Pakistan Today

But 15.1 million bales is historical high for Pakistan.

Please refrain from OT. We will talk about VHP/RSS etc... when we get to it. Let us not go there yet!

This is not the place to discuss extremism or pre-history of cotton cultivation and whether or not Indus basin, or Ganges basin, or South India, or whatever, is better/advanced/civilized etc...

That cotton article is almost 3 years old! Also in the same article they talk about Mehergarh Balochistan 7000 years ago. While here you are giving exemple of Gujarat in 11th century.

From your posted article

''In early 1960s, some French Archeologist excavated the areas in Pakistan’s province of Baluchistan and found a city in Kuchhi district near district city Dhadher which was named as Mehergarh.There, they found traces of cotton and pieces of cotton cloth. Cotton growing and cloth making in this areas of Bolan valley are considered as old as some 5,000 B.C (7,000 years from 2000 A.D) It is believed that knowledge of cloth making was spread from Bolan / Indus valley first to Arab and then to Europe.''

Coming back to cotton production, here is latest news from couple of days ago. The reason for not sharp increase is this

''South Punjab – one of the best lands for cotton production – is facing numerous challenges like lack of water and the supply of pesticides to keep the cotton crop safe from viruses that adversely affect its per-acre production. A lot of farmers are also turning towards maize due to water shortage and problems of different cotton diseases.''

About 15.1m cotton bales production expected | Pakistan Today

But 15.1 million bales is historical high for Pakistan.
You didnt get the drift of it did you?
I meant that cotton production in India has been in full swing since long but may be in the areas of Pak it existed before it spread to Deccan plateau. I have no issues with it.
Please refrain from OT. We will talk about VHP/RSS etc... when we get to it. Let us not go there yet!

This is not the place to discuss extremism or pre-history of cotton cultivation and whether or not Indus basin, or Ganges basin, or South India, or whatever, is better/advanced/civilized etc...
Sir
I seriously dont mean to take this thread in a tangential direction,its just that somebody misinterpreted mine and @Armstrong 's conversation on this thread. @save_ghenda mistook my post as supercilious and made his comment.
I dont intend to make this thread Pak Vs Indian cotton. I hope the "Aalishan Pakistan" exhibition in India is successful and but I wish that it had happened at a better time. :)

Pakistani government should encourage trade with India. Pakistan can buy food products from India as they are cheaper there. It will bring down food inflation in Pakistan and help the poor.

Do i need to post links of violence related to rss? first thing tht comes to mind is orissa massacres..

If you want more about it start a new thread.
We dont care your opinion about RSS.They are powerful,voluntary ,true secular ,full of pure patriotism .And they proved it in last election by helping BJP to secure absolute majority.

No more off topic here.End of the conversation.

Pakistani government should encourage trade with India. Pakistan can buy food products from India as they are cheaper there. It will bring down food inflation in Pakistan and help the poor.

Is this a good strategy? We are an agricultural nation. Who will Pakistani farmers sell crops to if Indian food products sell for cheaper?

RSS is the social fabric of India and the guardians of the faith nobody can touch the Sangh we are the power! spread all over the world from USA to Trinidad! we live among all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom