What's new

A week dedicated to Pakistan on Sky News

ticktack79

New Recruit

Reaction score
This week whenever I switch to Sky News I see journalists with camera inside SWAT valley in Pakistan. Here is one of the articles from the site. Since this is my first post I cannot post link to this article. Is it true that Taliban version of Sharia law is implemented in this region ?

Sharia Law: Blood Money Or Deadly Revenge?

The steps of the Sharia court are filled with men lined up in single file waiting for their cases to be heard.

They are all involved in the "drugs business", growing poppies and selling opium.

And here in the Khyber Agency - one of Pakistan's semi autonomous tribal areas - the legal system uses religious courts based on the Koran.

It is quick. Their cases are all dealt with within minutes.

The long-haired, bearded men who form the armed guard inside and outside the court sit passively cradling guns and watching the proceedings.

They belong to Lashkar e Islam, the militant group in control in Khyber.

A group of five older men sit in a circle on the floor at the opposite end of the room.

The man making the decision is Misri Gul, the deputy to Mangal Bagh - the commander of Laskar e Islam, who is also the head of the Sharia court.

The key decisions are all made by him or passed down through his deputy.

The drug farmers are told to close down their businesses within five days. They all leave strangely happy.

If they do not, they know they will face punishment - flogging, hefty fines... or worse.

Misri Gul said: "Before we set up Sharia court, it was heaven for the criminals.

"The government was protecting these criminals and their crimes. We have succeeded and cut crime by about 8%."

The defendants all talk about how much better the current system is. It is swift. They feel it is fair and it has a strong deterrent factor to it.

It can be harsh and it can be final and everyone knows that.

Two men who have been found guilty of kidnapping and killing a taxi driver are taken outside. They are blindfolded.

Their victim's relatives have been given two options. They can claim blood money in compensation from the accused - a sum of two million rupees is mentioned, a veritable fortune here.

Or they can take the other option: revenge. They can decide the alleged murderers should die and they can pull the triggers themselves.

They take the second option. The men are placed up against a brick wall. The crowd that has gathered are held back.

The victim's relatives step forward. They are almost on top of the two accused but still the first few bullets do not deliver the killer blow.

One stays standing for what seems like several seconds, before they both crumple to the ground and the crowd surges forward.

Justice has been done and been seen to be done.

And ticktak79 u know wats really crazy is that everymorning before i head to my office i watch tv /dish i have over 7 indian channels and some pakistani and till this date all they show is the same stuff over and over again i mean every single day boss till this dman date and tomm it will be shown again & again till someone beats there head out :hitwall: lol i can list all the channels as well by heart if any one likes me to its just funny to my the brain washing that is been in the making for months now anyhow iam against killing innocent people but its just gota stop the brian washing by your media now if they show interest with Pak on the news working towards wot and friendship and peace i will rest my case and be glad so plzz you are new here plzz input interesting stuff and views not this kind of rubish that we all know about and hear and watch it on your nations damn stations all day all night long once again no hard feelings and enjoy your stay! :disagree:

Last edited:
And ticktak u know wats really crazy is that everymorning before i head to my office i watch tv /dish i have over 7 indian channels and some pakistani and till this date all they show is the same stuff over and over again i mean every single day boss till this dman date and tomm it will be shown again & again till someone beats there head out :hitwall: lol i can list all the channels as well by heart if any one likes me to its just funny to my the brain washing that is been in the making for months now anyhow iam against killing innocent people but its just gota stop the brian washing by your media now if they show interest with Pak on the news working towards wot and friendship and peace i will rest my case and be glad so plzz you are new here plzz input interesting stuff and vies not this kind of rubish that we all know about and hear and watch it on your nations damn stations all day all night long once again no hard feeling and enjoy your stay! :disagree:

TOPGUN,

I am sorry, that was not my intention. I was trying to get inputs from ppl from pakistan who are actually seeing all this. I know these channels only show one side of the story. Moreover they put some past interview of someone alongside such stories and try to show total failure of Pakistan. I am not taking anybodies side.
I again say sorry for not being clear.

PS: There is no smiley for PEACE ???

Good stuff I say you have to admit that this process will scare the lives out of the people willing to perform any crime I have seen this in Saudi Arabia once and I would never in my entire life ever try to steal nor will any of the other children out their so I have to tell you that this set of laws are very effective and another thing is that it is swift so that their is no appeal and the slow process delaying justice.

Back
Top Bottom