What's new

A visa free tourist zone for Gaur/Pandua in Malda district

LOOOOOL !!
Bangladeshis get Indian passport, ration card, fake birth certificates etc for free. And you want to charges us $200 dollars for a visa.
Yah,why not our womenfolk spends millions of taka/rupees in park street shops and diamond jewelry shops in Calcutta. 200$ is spit money compared to that:-)

No ,no and a big fat no to all the above suggestions. Sorry no visa policy with India . It is like saying " I have sharpened the knife, come and sleet my throat." No, thank you.moreover, our government should implement no visa (except emergency medical conditions)for India policy for Bangladeshis.And 200$ fee for Indians,who wants to come to BD.

Not sure exactly what you mean. If you have read all the posts, in the end I changed my position, because I found out that there is a land port near Gaur/Pandua, so visa free zone is not needed. All people need to do is get Indian visa and use that Sonamasjid land port to visit Gaur/Pandua historical sites.

Yes,I got that too.what I was implying is normal tourist visa is enough for India visit.no need for special visa free zone or free passage between two said county's. People who genuinely love visiting old relics or historical site do find it a way to see the things they really covet .

Yes,I got that too.what I was implying is normal tourist visa is enough for India visit.no need for special visa free zone or free passage between two said county's. People who genuinely love visiting old relics or historical site do find it a way to see the things they really covet .

True, but you need to understand the background info I provided, Malda and Murshidabad was supposed to be part of East Pakistan, but Radcliffe gave them to India using an excuse of saving Kolkata. Even then there was no need to give all of Malda and Murshidabad, just the river and surrounding area was enough. And then finally it looks like Gaur/Pandua was deliberately cut off where border goes inwards towards Bangladesh. Not sure if there was a conspiracy to take away old historical capital of Muslim Bengal sultanate, but the result is that Bangladesh was stripped off of its most important historical site, leaving the population without a sense of historical continuity from Bengal Sultanate and Muslim rule that started in 1204.

That is why I was thinking of a visa free zone, a fenced area just for Gaur/Pandua, but then when I found out that there is land port right there, then I changed my mind, because Indian govt. simply will not care and it is easy enough to get a visa and just go to those sites from Bangladesh using the Sonamasjid land port.

Last edited:
RAW put forth this proposal to mein fuhrer Modi and the offer was rejected. Sorry kalu, alternatively you can perhaps tell the interested people to take a lesson in pole vaulting and reconnect with the past of the glorious Bangaali Sultanate, whatever the heck that was

For all those who don't know:
Tourist visa from CTG takes 3 days; Business 5 days
Khulna 4 days
Dhaka...Huge queue....10 days+

Khulna 4 days

Looks like that is an invite to indians to queue up for Bangladeshi visa and then become illegal just like you did.

Khulna 4 days

Thanks for the info.

For posters with comprehension problem, I have already stated before and stating again, since visa is fairly easy to get and since there is a land port at Gaur/Pandua/Chapainawabganj, I no longer consider this idea of visa free zone for that area as necessary.

Looks like that is an invite to indians to queue up for Bangladeshi visa and then become illegal just like you did.
Oh! The brainless git has spoken again!

Back
Top Bottom