What's new

A tiny island in South India prepares for Modi's $1.4-billion JFK moment

5-6 numbers are called countless in Pakistan !!??:o:

PakSat-1R, when launched in 2011, with a payload of 5,115 Kgs. was heavier than any Indian satellite at that point in time and with many diff. functions.

The satellite has a design life of 15 years with initial goals to provide broadband internet access, digital television broadcasting, remote and rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine services across South and Central Asia, Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Far East. The satellite successfully took over the operations of its predecessor, the PakSat-1E satellite leased by Pakistan, in geostationary orbit at 38° East.

Manufacturer Suparco
CASC
Launch mass 5,115 kilograms (11,277 lb)

However, the primary use of this satellite seems to be military.

I would really like to see a collaborative effort between ISRO and SUPARCO like what could have been possible with the South Asia Satellite project.

PakSat IR, launched in 2011 is about broadband internet, Digital TV, remote and rural telephone, the recent launched PRSS I is...

Earth observation satellite, Oceanography, Weather satellite, Geographic Information System.

some have military purpose as well, The Cartosat series of satellites are a type of earth observation satellites.

PakSat-1R, when launched in 2011, with a payload of 5,115 Kgs. was heavier than any Indian satellite at that point in time and with many diff. functions.

The satellite has a design life of 15 years with initial goals to provide broadband internet access, digital television broadcasting, remote and rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine services across South and Central Asia, Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Far East. The satellite successfully took over the operations of its predecessor, the PakSat-1E satellite leased by Pakistan, in geostationary orbit at 38° East.

Manufacturer Suparco
CASC

PakSat IR, launched in 2011 is about broadband internet, Digital TV, remote and rural telephone, the recent launched PRSS I is...

Earth observation satellite, Oceanography, Weather satellite, Geographic Information System.

some have military purpose as well, The Cartosat series of satellites are a type of earth observation satellites.

Sir I knew it... I think Pakistan has around 5 SATs in space, which is build by Pakistan and Chinese . But the question is how come 5 sats are countless :-):o::o:

Count less...How much u can count upto ? 5 .

It is not about numbers, the recent launch by India of satellites of other countries had mostly nano satellites, student/research work weighing less than half kilos. Economy of scale as compared to USA.

PakSat-1R, when launched in 2011, with a payload of 5,115 Kgs. was heavier than any Indian satellite at that point in time and with many different utilities and functions elaborated earlier.

It is not about numbers, the recent launch by India of satellites of other countries had mostly nano satellites, student/research work weighing less than half kilos. Economy of scale as compared to USA.

PakSat-1R, when launched in 2011, with a payload of 5,115 Kgs. was heavier than any Indian satellite at that point in time and with many different utilities and functions elaborated earlier.

But it was manufactured and launched by the Chinese, isn't it?

http://cn.cgwic.com/PakSat-1R/english/wx.html

Pakistani engineers have worked closely with their Chinese counterparts during all stages of development of the satellite in China. Some experimental units developed at SUPARCO have also been integrated on the satellite for technology evaluation.

China and Pakistan have enjoyed more than 20 years of cooperation in Space Science, Technology and Applications.

https://www.dawn.com/news/651018

The launch of Paksat-1R Satellite is a major milestone for both countries towards strengthening of this cooperation.
But it was manufactured and launched by the Chinese, isn't it?

http://cn.cgwic.com/PakSat-1R/english/wx.html

Pakistan has actually made locally, satellites including BADRI and BADRII, made locally and launched through China as Pakistan doesn't have the PSLV , launch vehicle infra...and GSLV too.

Badr-1
Satellite
View attachment 495344
Badr-1 was the first artificial and the first digital communications satellite launched by Pakistan's national space authority—the SUPARCO—in 1990.Wikipedia

Inclination: 28.4°
Inclination: 28.4°
Launch date: July 16, 1990
What happened after it?
I mean why your space agency quit all its work

Manufacturer Suparco
CASC

Small correction, manufacturer is China maintained by suparco

Pakistani engineers have worked closely with their Chinese counterparts during all stages of development of the satellite in China. Some experimental units developed at SUPARCO have also been integrated on the satellite for technology evaluation.

China and Pakistan have enjoyed more than 20 years of cooperation in Space Science, Technology and Applications.

https://www.dawn.com/news/651018

The launch of Paksat-1R Satellite is a major milestone for both countries towards strengthening of this cooperation.

That's called as observership/training

My posts got deleted... Citing as off topic/falmebaiting......etc

Not correct on part of mods to do such.

I was always civilized in this discussion

That's called as observership/training

Some experimental units developed at SUPARCO have also been integrated on the satellite for technology evaluation.

BTW Pakistan has indigenous satellites BADR I and BADR II developed earlier and has the expertise in this field.

China is a manufacturing powerhouse with all the reverse engineering, metallurgy/precision material/alloys/special steel development, technical know-how. Lacks in the software side, the theoretical side of many cutting edge tech. as shunned by the west. Pakistan has some advantage here as was using the west/USA tech in arms/ammunations, a case in point is F-16, Mirage and others whose tech. is used and jointly collaborated with China in JF-17, missiles, others.

China is the world leader in manufacturing with about 25% of world total manufacturing done there, must be more now. India is nowhere compared to China here

But india does, it's one of the largest aid receivers in the world and instead of spending that money on its hungry malnourished people it spends all that money on weapons and grandiose projects.

Article says it will create 15,000 jobs. Some nations don't live off doles, loans and aid.

Oh boy did I touched some raw nerve? or molested a hornets nest? These petty Indians with their big empty egos are hurt.

@mods there was nothing wrong/provocative in my post.

Some experimental units developed at SUPARCO have also been integrated on the satellite for technology evaluation.

BTW Pakistan has indigenous satellites BADR I and BADR II developed earlier and has the expertise in this field.

China is a manufacturing powerhouse with all the reverse engineering, metallurgy/precision material/alloys/special steel development, technical know-how. Lacks in the software side, the theoretical side of many cutting edge tech. as shunned by the west. Pakistan has some advantage here as was using the west/USA tech in arms/ammunations, a case in point is F-16, Mirage and others whose tech. is used and jointly collaborated with China in JF-17, missiles, others.

China is the world leader in manufacturing with about 25% of world total manufacturing done there, must be more now. India is nowhere compared to China here
care to tell which Experimental Units? functions etc?

But india does, it's one of the largest aid receivers in the world and instead of spending that money on its hungry malnourished people it spends all that money on weapons and grandiose projects.

Oh boy did I touched some raw nerve? or molested a hornets nest? These petty Indians with their big empty egos are hurt.

@mods there was nothing wrong/provocative in my post.
Sure .. can prove India is the largest Aid Receiver / Population ( wrt population) ,

dont tell me ur math tells that 1Billion $ for 10 people is equal to 1Billion $ given for 50 people?

Let me put it in simple way.

Suppose a person is teaching mathematics for primary students and another person is teaching advanced mathematics in an University.
Technically both are maths teachers albeit at a different level.

Pakistan is yet to reach a position to be compared to China in manufacturing satellites
Your expertise is very less

Let me put it in simple way.

Suppose a person is teaching mathematics for primary students and another person is teaching advanced mathematics in an University.
Technically both are maths teachers albeit at a different level.

Pakistan is yet to reach a position to be compared to China in manufacturing satellites
Your expertise is very less

You got it all wrong, many have very rudimentary knowledge about what Pakistan is good at, actually it is more about mixing theory with practical experiment, software and hardware kind of collaboration. Theoretical knowledge being turned into actual reality.

China has got a different league, BTW Pakistan ranks 7th in the world in number of scientists, engineers, researchers, technical people being produced in the world.

- More than 210 universities and many are into R&D work. 10 Pak universities into QS Asia top 300...read the Technology and Science section and Economic section related to the development here in PDF to get to know about the development here...

https://defence.pk/pdf/forums/technology-science.171/

https://defence.pk/pdf/forums/pakistan-economy.18/

Back
Top Bottom