A solo dutch traveller to Kashmir welcomed by Oppressed and innocent Kashmiris

boxer_B

BANNED
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/Travel.Vlog.Iv/posts/1490887864307472:0

20374274_1490887864307472_5224301836981577090_n.jpg

Dal Lake Srinagar
1f3d4.png
To be fair this is the toughest place I have ever visited in terms of harrasment. Even with my Indian clothes I get cat called every 5 sec which is cray and on top of that I got stalked 5! times yesterday. Like LEGIT stalked with people waiting for me and walking slow/sitting down/looking back. I NEVER complain about this because sad as it is it's the reality of a solo female traveler. I've just accepted it as part of my job. But this place just makes me feel so unsafe and uncomfortable I'm not even leaving my guesthouse today. YES you will see this in the vlogs and I definitely expect a backlash. But let me tell you this: if someone who never complains about being harrased says it's really bad. How bad do you think it is then? I've never stayed inside because I felt unsafe in any place but I guess there has to be a first time for everything. BTW don't even dare to say something about "this is India" or crap like that. I've been North to South and have always been treated with nothing but respect. This is NOT India! This is a specific place and I can't wait to go to Leh and experince a different side of beautiful Kashmir. #IvInIndia #RealTalk #Sad #solofemaletraveler #girlvsglobe #travelvlog #srinagar

The last post sparked a cray controversy on facebook but I'm happy about that! The more we talk about problems like this the more they get resolved. One thing I MUST clarify tho: my post was NOT about Kashmir as a state. That would be absolutely ridiculous as I've only experienced Srinagar. That's why if you read the last post until the end I stated I was so ready to explore the rest of beautiful Kashmir. So sorry Kashmiri people for causing this confusion! However I do stand by my statement about Srinagar NOT being safe for solo female travelers %. I roam in old Delhi for fun, thoroughly enjoying and exploring Muslim areas. NEVER have I been harassed there. Getting stalked once in Delhi when I've visited the city 3 times for a total of 16 days is an incident and I would NEVER judge Delhi for that. Getting stalked 5 times over the course of a couple of hours is however NOT an incident! I am responsible for inspiring solo female travelers and would be the biggest asshole on earth if I wouldn't warn them about this and talk about what happened in Srinagar. Don't for a second think I'm enjoying this because I feel bad for the people who work in the tourism business and have to make a living for their family. I feel bad for the good people of Srinagar. For the guy at the restaurant who genuinely had a chat with me. For the boatsman who was absolutely amazing and tried to teach me history about Dal Lake. For the amazing guesthouse owner and his family. For the brilliant restaurant owner who got me a separate corner on the first floor of his restaurant posting a waiter making sure nobody bothered me. ALL amazing human beings of Srinagar who's business suffers because of assholes who can't mind their own business. Finally I want to end on a positive note: this is me as the ONLY woman in the local Jammu & Kashmir State Corporation bus full of men. The driver was exceptional and made sure I had my toilet breaks too (because you know as a woman I can't just stand by the road). I have been treated with nothing but respect during the last 2 days traveling with them on this bus. Those assholes in Srinagar should take an example of this man. Salut Karim! #IvInIndia #Srinagar

Innocent Stone Pelters and their horny freedom fighters in the valley!!!:lol:

aah the hunt for Shangrila

Whichever you ask be it Pakistani or Indian

Kashmiris are always innocent and oppressed.

how many solo female traveller have guts to visit south asian country. islamic and hindu nations such as pakistan afghan india nepal.

lets not delude ourselves to be holier than thou.

its all thw same. some have almost nobe travellwr and most hide figures.

Man why does it take a white chamri to tell you lot what to think or do.

I am out of this thread.

I am just going to go watch Lagaan from British POV

You're a sexist, racist, colonial supporting brownie :D

[Lagaan is that cricket movie?]

I am out of this thread.

Haha...the funniest thing I have read today!

we shouldn't promote a negative image of Srinagar. I'm not saying we should ignore about the harassment, but we shouldn't use it as a tool for harassing people of Kashmir. Like any Indian state, Kashmir will also have to face up to its misogyny.

we shouldn't promote a negative image of Srinagar. I'm not saying we should ignore about the harassment, but we shouldn't use it as a tool for harassing people of Kashmir. Like any Indian state, Kashmir will also have to face up to its misogyny.
Haryana se shuru kartein hain. Samjhaye koi hamare jaat bhaiyon ko ki beti ki izzat karein. Srinagar toh bohot door hai

As far as i know, this is her third trip to India. She mostly lives in budget hotels and traveled in dark alleyways of our cities. This was her comparative assessment about Sri Nagar.

Anyways, she already has many subscribers. It's not like her account of harassment needed any promotion.

I am out of this thread.

Still it ain't gonna change the climax. Amir's team will be the winner even after you try changing your TV, let alone POV. LOL :p:

I follow her on youtube. She travels solo and is not afraid to visit dark alleys etc. She knows all about Indian n Muslim culture and dresses appropriately. She was genuinely scared in Srinagar with horny innocent Kashmiri lads following her n teasing her.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom