What's new

A Social Question For Chinese Here

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1. All the chinese member here are the only child of their Parent or do they have extra siblings?

2. If they are single child, How do you feel?

3. What if Wife got Pregnant second time? What will be their Punishment? Or in second case, some how they gave birth to their second child, then what will happen to second child?

4. How strictly the policy of One-Child is followed all over china? especially in rural and far flung areas?

5. What about oversees Chinese? What if they give birth to their second child outside china and when they came with their second child? what will be the repercussions? Will they be detained immediately on airport?

6. If some Chinese Couple settled in western country and got it's nationality, Are they still allow to carry Chinese passport and ID card? If they are allowed, then what will happen to them if they visit china with more than one kid?

The one child policy is not that simple as you think,my answer to your questions:
1.I have a sisiter who is one and half year smaller than me.
2.I don't have special felling.
3.If you are a farmer and live in village,no punishment for the 2nd child.If you are not a han Chinese,no punishment,for example Tibetans are not restricted by the policy.Basically the one child policy is only for the Han Chinese who are living in the city.The punishments for the 2nd child are:
A.If you are an employee in the govement or you are a CCP member,you will have less opptunity to get promoted or you will be kicked out of the CCP;
B.You will be charged for a certain amount of money for the 2nd child which is around 1700 USD or more;
C.There are some good policys for the one child family like better education and health care which you won't have anymore.
4.Again,one child policy is basically for the Han Chinese living in the city.
5.No restriction.Many of my colleagures have more than one child which most were born out of China. They have no visa issue.

i am the only child in the family, but a lot of my friends have either sisters or brothers, their family just paid fine``actually my wife she has a sister, and her father paid $80 for her````thats why some time i call her 800RMB just to tease her``:P

your 5th and 6th question is bit too much``lol, cant blame you, thats how western medias protray China as a strict and brutal regime on their policies`

Title is "A Question ....." and there are 6 Questions:police:

Title is "A Question ....." and there are 6 Questions:police:

A social question says on the title``and the questions are all about One-child policy, which i dont think he made any mistakes on that`

I read that the policy was more of an effort to equalize china's rural population growth relative to it's urban growth (which tends to have lower birthrates the more developed it gets, see japan and western nations) so that economic development can be accelerated.

In cities like shanghai, one child policy hardly needs to be enforced due to lower births.

1. All the chinese member here are the only child of their Parent or do they have extra siblings?
Myself only

Less competition = more stuff

3. What if Wife got Pregnant second time? What will be their Punishment? Or in second case, some how they gave birth to their second child, then what will happen to second child?
Abortion is available if the parents do no want the child. If they decide to keep it, they have to pay a fine.

4. How strictly the policy of One-Child is followed all over china? especially in rural and far flung areas?
There are exceptions to one-child policy. If one or both parents are single child, then they're allowed to have two without penalty. Certain dangerous occupation also allows two. Ethnic minorities have less severe restriction, in some cases, none.

5. What about oversees Chinese? What if they give birth to their second child outside china and when they came with their second child? what will be the repercussions? Will they be detained immediately on airport?
WTF, where did you hear that? That's the most ridiculous lie I've ever heard.

6. If some Chinese Couple settled in western country and got it's nationality, Are they still allow to carry Chinese passport and ID card? If they are allowed, then what will happen to them if they visit china with more than one kid?
No, accepting any other nationality terminates your PRC citizenship immediately. Nothing happens when you visit PRC with your child.

i am the only child in the family, but a lot of my friends have either sisters or brothers, their family just paid fine``actually my wife she has a sister, and her father paid $80 for her````thats why some time i call her 800RMB just to tease her``:P

My brother cost my family 500 RMB

1. I am an only child but my girlfriend is the youngest of 5. My relatives have ranging from 0 to 3 children.

2. My parents were overprotective of me which led me to become a hardcore rebel. But I haven't disappointed them.

3. Pay a fine for the most part and nothing much else happens. Some far flung regions have corrupt officials that force abortions but that is illegal and those officials usually get sacked when discovered. Bad things happen everywhere; in China they happen more often because there are more people to commit them.

4. It was followed strictly in select "high problem areas" like my own hometown (not my home city of Wuhan, but the village I'm from) but not anymore within the past 6 years. There were once "a small family is a happy family" posters all over the town. It is now being replaced by "15 extra points to girls on the high school entrance exams" posters.

5. You don't even get detained for giving birth to more than 1 in China, why would you get detained for giving birth outside of China?

6. China does not accept dual citizenship ever since 1960's. The minute you lay your hands on a foreign passport you are no longer a Chinese national. For purposes of the 1 child policy they will be counted as pure 100% foreigners.

6. China does not accept dual citizenship ever since 1960's. The minute you lay your hands on a foreign passport you are no longer a Chinese national. For purposes of the 1 child policy they will be counted as pure 100% foreigners.

I really hope we can have dual citizenship in China. a lot of my relatives are in south east asia, they want to own both. they dont feel safe in some countries there. if they can get the chinese nationality,it will be good for them. Or they need to immigrate to west countries.

I really hope we can have dual citizenship in China. a lot of my relatives are in south east asia, they want to own both. they dont feel safe in some countries there. if they can get the chinese nationality,it will be good for them. Or they need to immigrate to west countries.

China signed the "no dual citizenship" treaties FIRST with SEA countries precisely because to get their votes for UN security council membership China had to promise that we wouldn't militarily intervene in their internal affairs (which turned out to be the genocide of ethnic Chinese). So they had a choice of local or Chinese citizenship, and since China was so poor back then, most picked local citizenship. Chinese navy picked up the last Chinese citizens from Indonesia in 1966 after a riot.

Back
Top Bottom