What's new

A Secret Story of an Unsung Hero Brigadier Zahoor

Whatever the intentions this is a fact that the actions taken during that period resulted in greater hostility towards the Pakistani state within the Baluch youth.

More reason to appreciate Gen Janjua as he calmed things down while at the same time taking actions against those who are irredeemable without creating so much fuss.....as should be done when facing a low level insurgency.

It's time we need another Col. Zahoor to take out Altaf Kalia and his gang.

This is very much eye opening account of Bugti affair , given by Mr Zaid Hamid ! Unfortunately our media is still influenced by our enemies and this is why general public do not know who are our true heroes and who are our true enemies ! I wish we can have another military operation like Zarb-e-Azab to clean up our media from traitors as well !

Whatever the intentions this is a fact that the actions taken during that period resulted in greater hostility towards the Pakistani state within the Baluch youth.

More reason to appreciate Gen Janjua as he calmed things down while at the same time taking actions against those who are irredeemable without creating so much fuss.....as should be done when facing a low level insurgency.

It was military intelligence who fcked up things in balochistan from 2006-2008. Musharraf didnt entrusted ISI to take a lead on in counter intelligence in Balochistan. hence the increased hostilities and enforced disappearances.

Maj-Gen Nadeem Ejaz: in the dock for many crimes

Last edited:
I do not know the exact details, only those that were present can really know what actually occurred, but what I can say it was a combat situation and not unarmed officers who could have been taken hostage by the bugti mob, it just does not make sense for them to go their without arms, as the time for negotiations was over.

Than i fail to see why would the Officers go inside the cave without the cavalry because this would have been certain death for them. Logic would dictate that they likely entered the Cave unarmed in the hopes of a peaceful surrender, if not than they had no reason to enter the cave.

It indeed was a major loss for the Armed Forces to loose such valuable men. But do keep in mind, Pakistan Army of 2005 was largely trained to fight a conventional foe and not deal with insurgencies like these. It was a colossal fu** all around.

Than i fail to see why would the Officers go inside the cave without the cavalry because this would have been certain death for them. Logic would dictate that they likely entered the Cave unarmed in the hopes of a peaceful surrender, if not than they had no reason to enter the cave.

It indeed was a major loss for the Armed Forces to loose such valuable men. But do keep in mind, Pakistan Army of 2005 was largely trained to fight a conventional foe and not deal with insurgencies like these. It was a colossal fu** all around.
This was not regular army but SSG, who are and were trained for all contingencies.kudos

This was not regular army but SSG, who are and were trained for all contingencies.kudos

I am very well aware of that but they are not Super Men either. The moment these Commandos walked into the caves, they were at a disadvantage and i doubt it Professional Career Soldiers such as these would fight the enemy on their terms. Again, knowing how the SSG operates i have a hard time believing that they walked in the caves Lightly Armed.

I am very well aware of that but they are not Super Men either. The moment these Commandos walked into the caves, they were at a disadvantage and i doubt it Professional Career Soldiers such as these would fight the enemy on their terms. Again, knowing how the SSG operates i have a hard time believing that they walked in the caves Lightly Armed.
who said anything about being lightly armed and why would the SSG not enter caves, I have read about missions where other spec ops (SAS, SEALS) have entered caves in afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom