What's new

A question for all members

vayuu1

Reaction score
1st of all hello to d.pk members,i have been following this forum for quit some time and the healthy discussion between u guys prompted me to join this forum, anyway back to the topic, few days ago ,when interview of air chief marshall p.v naik was published ,i was tad dissapointed when i heard the no. of 5 gen fighter 214 by 2017. but 1 thing stuck my mind, do u think he was refering to pak fa coz it is not possible to induct fgfa in such no by 2017. I know i am asking it a bit late . But what do u guys think.

I think he means STARTING 2017. And I still think he meant 214 FGFA and 40-50 PAK-FA to meet the 250-300 5th gen fighters figure that IAF has always stated. And the 2017 date would only be PAK-FA as FGFA only exists on a drawing board right now but PAK-FA is well into flight testing.

IAF will receive its first FGFA in 2017 and will have 250-300 by 2027 50 of them being 1 seat PAK FA and 250 being 2 seat FGFA

,i was tad dissapointed when i heard the no. of 5 gen fighter 214 by 2017. but 1 thing stuck my mind, do u think he was refering to pak fa coz it is not possible to induct fgfa in such no by 2017.
We can't even induct 126 MMRCA by 2017 forget about PakFA or FGFA

I think IAF should compromise between twin seater and single seater otherwise FGFA won't be as stealthy as PakFa....

IAF will receive its first FGFA in 2017 and will have 250-300 by 2027 50 of them being 1 seat PAK FA and 250 being 2 seat FGFA
Thats the thing, this is not what Air Chief....

We keep general names for some of our projects that make others confuse.
FGFA-Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft
LRCM-Long Range Cruise Missile
not to mention LCA and AMCA(general names in english)

I think he means STARTING 2017. And I still think he meant 214 FGFA and 40-50 PAK-FA to meet the 250-300 5th gen fighters figure that IAF has always stated. And the 2017 date would only be PAK-FA as FGFA only exists on a drawing board right now but PAK-FA is well into flight testing.

He precisely said 214 FGFA and didn't mentioned Pak Fa at all, but I also guess that 214 FGFAs is the inital order, including prototypes and the final number will be highter. The speculated Pak Fa seems to be a no go for IAF, for several reasons!

Back
Top Bottom