What's new

A new Guinness record of land travel & China vs India comparison

Speeder 2

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Canadian brothers Ryan and Colin Pyle travelled through China 2 years ago by motorcycles in 65 days, setting a new Guinness world record of non-stop biking 18,000km in one country.

BBC just interviewed them and the whole series are currently on Discovery Channel.

Last year they did India, too.

The younger brother Colin just finished his MBA in London. Days ago he was interviewed by popular LondonReal radio show on China vs India comparison:

The full 1.5 hour radio show on China is available at youtube as well. Search it.

Quotes “…China? China is 50 year ahead of India, easily!” ...

"really?" , "Absolutely!"

“ ...people always talk about that India is a democracy, etc, etc… you're right, but they're still 50 years behind (China)...”

…

The dude is a gem. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so the dude is a 'gem' according to you just because of his blather that China is '50 years' ahead of India??:woot: You must have got a huge orgasm hearing this poppyc0ck from that Canadian! Carry on. As far as I'm concerned I care a fook what he said!

Now go celebrate and have a beer on my name.

Canadian brothers Ryan and Colin Pyle travelled through China 2 years ago by motorcycles in 65 days, setting a new Guinness world record of non-stop biking 18,000km in one country.

BBC just interviewed them and the whole series are currently on Discovery Channel.

Last year they did India, too.

The younger brother Colin just finished his MBA in London. Days ago he was interviewed by popular LondonReal radio show on China vs India comparison:

The full 1.5 hour radio show on China is available at youtube as well. Search it.

Quotes “…China? China is 50 year ahead of India, easily!” ...

"really?" , "Absolutely!"

“ ...people always talk about that India is a democracy, etc, etc… you're right, but they're still 50 years behind (China)...”

…

Unfortunately you people built excess and dig your minerals excess, But India will do a steady and smart investment.

The world is 50 years ahead of India. Period.

Oversea Indians, many working in journalism, and Indian govt keep cooking the myth that "India is 10 years behind China".

Yeah right, 10 years! Anyone who has a brain can see it's more like 50 years, easily!

The Colin guy is not a random Indian illiterate. He was a currency trader before he quit his job to travel in China. He has a MBA degree as well. They travelled around China for a long period. His brother is pro photographer on China. All these sepearete them from casual pass-by tourists who usually are wowed and awed by only superficials.

The two filmed independently a ton on china during the trip in all places they want to go, in big cities, small towns, tiny inland backwaters here and there along the way, from Shanghai to Mongolia to XinJiang to Tibet to Southen villages...

They did the same in India.

They claim that without hesitation.

If China is at the turn of the 21st century, India would be around the era of WW2, that's what 50 years mean.

Unfortunately you people built excess and dig your minerals excess, But India will do a steady and smart investment.

You do steady and "smart" because you can't do anything else. Everyone knows if Indians had the opportunity to grow at 10% per year or 1,000% per year you would. All this "simple" BS is an excuse for you collapsing growth rates.

People forget that this is the norm for India: Hindu rate of growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everything in between the 1990's and today (a time span of 20 years) has simply been a miracle for India. Miracle don't last.

The comparison with South Korea was stark:

In 1947, South Korean per capita income was less than 2 times bigger than India's.
By 1960, South Korean per capita income was 4 times larger than India's
By 1990, South Korean per capita income was 20 times larger.

You do steady and "smart" because you can't do anything else. Everyone knows if Indians had the opportunity to grow at 10% per year or 1,000% per year you would. All this "simple" BS is an excuse for you collapsing growth rates.

People forget that this is the norm for India: Hindu rate of growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everything in between the 1990's and today (a time span of 20 years) has simply been a miracle for India. Miracle don't last.

Hmm... alright. I still don't get why you seem so anti-India though.

Who the faq is this guy and why should his opinion be of any consequence?

I don't think Pink was more welcome than what I see on this thread.

I like the diversity of India where every 50 miles everything's different compared to China where every person I would see looks like the next one in looks, dress, language and everything else. The same cr@p over and over again for 18,000 kms. :disagree:

You are very generous to show your abysmal Indian ignorance,maybe you have never ventured out of your village before.Xinjiang province alone has 13 native ethnic groups.
cd21_b.jpg

Oversea Indians, many working in journalism, and Indian govt keep cooking the myth that "India is 10 years behind China".

Yeah right, 10 years! Anyone who has a brain can see it's more like 50 years, easily!

The Colin guy is not a random Indian illiterate. He was a currency trader before he quit his job to travel in China. He has a MBA degree as well. They travelled around China for a long period. His brother is pro photographer on China. All these sepearete them from casual pass-by tourists who usually are wowed and awed by only superficials.

The two filmed independently a ton on china during the trip in all places they want to go, in big cities, small towns, tiny inland backwaters here and there along the way, from Shanghai to Mongolia to XinJiang to Tibet to Southen villages...

They did the same in India.

They claim that without hesitation.

If China is at the turn of the 21st century, India would be around the era of WW2, that's what 50 years mean.
China was put together by Qin Shihuang in the 4rd century BC. India was put together by Great Britain in the 18th century. We are 22 centuries ahead.

u morons knew nothing, we had drainage system since Indus valley civilization and u say we don't have a toilet as f now?? :woot:
Then Pakistan is several thousand years ahead of India since India still don't have them!

:lol:

You have 56 ethnicity's with meager population in almost all, now compare that with more than 2000 ethnicity's in India. Now go back to your village. India is second only in diversity to the whole continent of Africa.

Han Chinese themselvs vary greatly from region to region,Han Chinese is more of a cultural concept than a ethnic one,during China's 5 thousand years journey,thousands of peoples had come and gone.today's Chinese nation is a vast popullation united by the strong powerful Chinese culture.

:rofl::rofl:

still we have technology that out class theirs with ease , and can go toe to toe with the worlds best tech!
plz pray we always remain behind: rofl:

check your international rankings before dreamtalking.lol..

:lol:

You have 56 ethnicity's with meager population in almost all, now compare that with more than 2000 ethnicity's in India. Now go back to your village. India is second only in diversity to the whole continent of Africa.

Congratulation? I wish the CCP did not create artificial ethnics out of nowhere and go back to pre-1949 when only 5 ethnics were officially recognized. India is probably less cohesive than EU, but if you are happy with such "diversity," then good for you.

More seriously, I just cannot quite grasp the value of "diversity." Diversity is more like reality that's neither inherently good nor bad. If I live in a diverse community, I have to deal with different people and be sensitive about them. But if live in a homogeneous community, why should I be envious of diversity? If I want to see exotic cultures and people, I can always travel.

Back
Top Bottom