What's new

A New City of Lights next to Karachi

W.11

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TheNews Blog » A New City of Lights next to Karachi

Each year when I visit Karachi, I notice changes either it’s about the culture or infrastructure. This year I noticed the same difference in Hyderabad. My week long trip to Hyderabad gave me the sense that Hyderabad is developing rapidly like any other big city in Pakistan. “Autobahn Road” is turning into Tariq Road of Karachi. The brand outlets like Khaddi, Ideas and international food chains like Subway, McDonald and local restaurants, all can be found on this road. The development is a good sign for the locals that some investment is flowing in the city which will bring more employment opportunities.

Driving at nights in late hours gave me sense that people in Hyderabad are in less stress as compared to the people of Karachi. They were using cell phones freely on the roads and there was not much street crime at least in Latifabad. Traffic can be seen on the roads till midnight and people were sitting out late on ice cream spots like Alpino Gelato and Berrylicious. Six year back when I had to take my brother out for dinning in Hyderabad, I could not find a single decent restaurant in the city other than Al-Rahim with slower service. But now they have Bar B.Q. Tonight and Royal Taj hotel and many more.

Despite all these development and opportunities what the city is lacking is maintenance and some civic sense in the citizens which more or less are the issues of every city in Pakistan. The bridges and highways and roads that City Government of Hyderabad built under the mayor ship of Kunwar Naved are turning into ruins. I saw rain water standing on the roads and garbage containers were flowing out on the streets but no service was available to pick it up. I didn’t see a single spraying campaign against Flies and Mosquitos as preemptive measures to save the people from outbreaks like Diarrhea and Dengue.

Another change I noticed this year in Hyderabad was that neighborhood committees have installed security barriers on each street and a private guard is available to operate that barrier. A local from my area said, “We, the people, are running our own system, government can’t provide us electricity, we are generating our own electricity through generators, and they have failed in providing the security against criminals; therefore, we have installed these barriers and have hired private guards for security”. The situation he described is the situation of the whole country or at least in Karachi as well. People are living there without any system. They produce their own electricity, they have private securities, in some areas people running parallel system to Judiciary like Jirga and Panchayat, and there are private water supply companies because of water shortage. My question is, then why do people vote for the system and pay taxes?

Unfortunately, I don’t know how many people have noticed but after having a child in the family who is mentally challenged and living in Hyderabad, the city has no proper institute for such children, either private or public.

A resident of Hyderabad “Pakka Qila” said that we have three industries; Bangles, Handmade Carpets and Leather shoes; running inside Pakka Qila on smaller level without any support from the government. He said that no government or any Business Association has ever supported us or provided any space for our promotion and growth. He said, “We had hopes from Governor Sind because he has strong connection among business community but nothing has ever been done for us.”

I noticed that a new trend has been introduced in the markets like “Chandni” that some people were collecting illegal parking charges from the shoppers for Rs.20.00/car. But Police while standing there doesn’t take any notice for this extortion. Bombay Bakery still has the long lines of cake lovers, the taste was the same and so was the demand. In old city “Resham Gali” and “Qadam Gah Ali” are facing higher traffic on same small and congested roads.

Crowded shops, packed restaurants and parks are giving the message that people of Hyderabad are willing to own the city if government can sincerely provide them local government and proper system with basic necessities. Otherwise, we can wish that people of Sind can develop awareness within of having a new Chief Minister who is young, dedicated and has modern ideas and energy to serve them.

went there in mid ninetees wasnt impressed in those days sounds like a must visit place this time

If Karachi is freed from MQM-PPP-Bhatta Mafia-Terrorists' chugal, and PTI takes over...Karachi will be transformed into a real mega city!!

Sounds like the people living in Hyd have done the right thing by running their own affairs in a country where the govt is least interested in the welfare of its own citizens.

If Karachi is freed from MQM-PPP-Bhatta Mafia-Terrorists' chugal, and PTI takes over...Karachi will be transformed into a real mega city!!

jitni chaadar ho utna pair phelana chahye, every body has seen how 90 days deadline bore fruit

1) bhatta which never touched peshawar came in PTI period and increased

2) talibans have made no go areas in peshawar

3) more bomb blasts are now happening with more target killings

4) many business men have started moving to punjab and other areas because of extortion

5) more weapons are now being smuggled from peshawar to karachi then before and LEAs of KPK have all failed to stop that

if you think that PTI is very capable of handling karachi first transform peshawar into a business city and then we will see

jitni chaadar ho utna pair phelana chahye, every body has seen how 90 days deadline bore fruit

1) bhatta which never touched peshawar came in PTI period and increased

2) talibans have made no go areas in peshawar

3) more bomb blasts are now happening with more target killings

4) many business men have started moving to punjab and other areas because of extortion

5) more weapons are now being smuggled from peshawar to karachi then before and LEAs of KPK have all failed to stop that

if you think that PTI is very capable of handling karachi first transform peshawar into a business city and then we will see

Dumbo little girl, your post is a 'rant' , not facts.

Secondly, Peshawar isn't a COASTAL mega city with 13 million people!!!!!

PTI is performing decently in KPK Mashallah..and Inshallah they'll improve leaps and bounds..while you, the urdu speaking pathetic "qom", must continue support terrorist MQM just because they are from your "qom" of urdu speaking muhajirs too...pathetic indeed.

Start thinking for Pakistan rather than your minuscule insignificant urdu-speaking muhajirrrrrr community...It has been 60 years you left UP and other indian states, now become a Pakistani please...

In Hyderabad MQM and PPP is also there. But no PTI and other parties

PTI is performing decently in KPK Mashallah..and Inshallah they'll improve leaps and bounds..while you, the urdu speaking pathetic "qom", must continue support terrorist MQM just because they are from your "qom" of urdu speaking muhajirs too...pathetic indeed.

Start thinking for Pakistan rather than your minuscule insignificant urdu-speaking muhajirrrrrr community...It has been 60 years you left UP and other indian states, now become a Pakistani please...

I am not from MQM and i never vote them as well but it seem that YOU DUMP HEAD DON'T HAVE PROPER MANNER TO SPEAK WITH SOME ONE, SO GO AND TAKE THIS BASIC EDUCATION FROM YOU MOM AGAIN AND THEN COME BACK

Lol. Stop getting personal and emotional. Even I can understand that most of common Pakistani didnt bought the idea of so called "naya Pakistan " now 90 days has been passed and kpk is still thr where it was before. PTI should make so called "naya Pakistan " where ppl hv voted them into power first. But they seems to be on Marcy of hard liners and I.K is being nothing but cry baby.

Lol. Stop getting personal and emotional. Even I can understand that most of common Pakistani didnt bought the idea of so called "naya Pakistan " now 90 days has been passed and kpk is still thr where it was before. PTI should make so called "naya Pakistan " where ppl hv voted them into power first. But they seems to be on Marcy of hard liners and I.K is being nothing but cry baby.

Inferiority-complex bhartis take too much interest in our politics. Please, we don't need your insight...

PS, NayaPakistan could not be built because of dumb Punjabis...Imran Khan does not even have any authority over Fata, from where the civil war is being conducted in KPK...how can you expect him to implement his agenda when Drones, and Fata Civil war are causing havoc in KPK?

Still, his performance is best among ALL others...with best RTI law introduced in country (world bank ranked it 3rd best in the freaking world!), party-based local body elections announced (giving power to the people, unlike others who don't), online FIR system working, free health services in KPK hospitals in emergencies etc, and ZERO..yes ZERO!.. corruption scandals in first 90 days ...Mashallah...his performance is brilliant keeping in mind that KPK is THE most disturbed, broken, war-ton province of Pakistan...

Compared to him? What has others done? Punjab refused to conduct local body elections on party basis with Shahbaz Shareef still holding the "last say" on local community issues etc, drones are continuing like before, already two *major* corruption scandals for federal govt, Inflation has risen since PML(N) took power..federal government already took more loan from state bank than Zardari regime took in WHOLE FREAKING YEAR (2012-13)!!!! And this is just a start...

You, singh, have no idea what you are talking about...so please....

We Pakistan were, are, and will remain ahead of the game. We have already created the much needed third national political force Mashallah..your country is still stuck b/w two retarded parties..better work on creating a third national option for your country..so that indians might see the sight of relief...

In Hyderabad MQM and PPP is also there. But no PTI and other parties

I am not from MQM and i never vote them as well but it seem that YOU DUMP HEAD DON'T HAVE PROPER MANNER TO SPEAK WITH SOME ONE, SO GO AND TAKE THIS BASIC EDUCATION FROM YOU MOM AGAIN AND THEN COME BACK

You need to calm the **** down, and spend more time on PDF...please...

PS, I am afraid of your capital letters :wave:

Inferiority-complex bhartis take too much interest in our politics. Please, we don't need your insight...

PS, NayaPakistan could not be built because of dumb Punjabis...Imran Khan does not even have any authority over Fata, from where the civil war is being conducted in KPK...how can you expect him to implement his agenda when Drones, and Fata Civil war are causing havoc in KPK?

Still, his performance is best among ALL others...with best RTI law introduced in country (world bank ranked it 3rd best in the freaking world!), party-based local body elections announced (giving power to the people, unlike others who don't), online FIR system working, free health services in KPK hospitals in emergencies etc, and ZERO..yes ZERO!.. corruption scandals in first 90 days ...Mashallah...his performance is brilliant keeping in mind that KPK is THE most disturbed, broken, war-ton province of Pakistan...

Compared to him? What has others done? Punjab refused to conduct local body elections on party basis with Shahbaz Shareef still holding the "last say" on local community issues etc, drones are continuing like before, already two *major* corruption scandals for federal govt, Inflation has risen since PML(N) took power..federal government already took more loan from state bank than Zardari regime took in WHOLE FREAKING YEAR (2012-13)!!!! And this is just a start...

You, singh, have no idea what you are talking about...so please....

We Pakistan were, are, and will remain ahead of the game. We have already created the much needed third national political force Mashallah..your country is still stuck b/w two retarded parties..better work on creating a third national option for your country..so that indians might see the sight of relief...
As stop being emotional and stop getting personal.

I have fair enough idea about Pakistan politics. I m sucking lollipop on PDF from more then 1 year. these intra-party local body elections means nothing. In PTI I.K. Has last say. Every party has a leader who's say is last. nawaz took loans because of hole last ppp gov. Created. online FIR is not a big thing big thing is how many of them are getting justice. ( though I hv doubts on online FIR in one of the least educated and less prosper areas). PROVIDE ME link of ur RTI claim. Even if not hv control on FATA he can control terrorism in areas where he has control Peshawar would be a good start I keep hearing news of bomb blast in Peshawar these days. It's becoming TTP stronghold and still PTI is almost begging for peace talk with them.

Back
Top Bottom