What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

Pakistan currently has 90 JF-17 and by 2020 will have 200 JF-17's. And for next five years we will have no new aircraft.

To counter IAF threat 2025:
Rafael fighter 100+
Su30mki 274+
Lca 200
Fgfa 50

PAF needs to be by 2025:
F16 - 76
J10B - 150
Jf17 - 250
J31 - 20

Looks better than
PAF by 2025
F16 -76
Jf17 - 250

I think you are miscalculating the Future projection on Both sides (Expected & Probable)

To me the PAF in 2025 will look more like this ...

F16 - 76 + 125 (A lot of F-16 European Airlines will be Retiring thr Exisiting F-16 Fleet and in order to get a Stop Gap a very realistic (cost wise) approach would be to buy them and Refurbish / Upgrade)

Jf17 - 250+100 (We have 90ish Planes in 2016 in 9 years by the Existing Production Capacity of 16-18 we can add 150-160 Planes in Next 9 years and the yearly production capacity is expected to increase upto 24 if not 32 add in Chinese assembly in case we get any additional orders from abroad)

Mirage - 2000 (Couple of Squadrons- Second hand) UAE i doubt it but we can may be from Qatar, Egypt or Directly from france as Strategic Strike Option

SU-35 or Comparable Aircraft from China. Upon CPEC development and extension of Pakistan EEZ, Pakistan will eventually have to come out of its Single Engine jet Policy and do need a Strong Fighter to work as a Fighter to secure Far Stretched Frontier. (Although Cost is an issue here)

Also in order to not lag behind too much from modern Gen-5 development .. Pakistan will eventually Join Chinese or Turkish Gen-5 Development.

So to me a more realistic estimate (should, Would & Could be)
F16 - 180-200
Jf17 - 350
Mirage 2000 - 2 Squadrons
Su-35 (or Comparable) - 2 Squadron

Active development Participant of a Chinese / Turkish 5th Gen Fighter Plane.

This is STILL a very Optimistic estimate ... We may not go for Mirage .. May not Afford Su-35 & 5th Gen may not come in next 10 years ... but we DO NEED As many JF-17 we can produce & Need to Fish for F-16s who can easily be integrated into existing fleet !

What paf needs quickly is another platform around 64 planes asap I think they should go for Chinese as they for the best price would be the deterrent to keep until 5 get arrive and until then participate in tfx and wait for Chinese 5 gen

Why? F7PG with datalink (possible) or even a radio vector to AWACS can make a potent defensive weapon. In A 2 A combat the main issue is not just the weapon system and sensors, but the intercept. An attacking fighter has to to ensure that it remains outside the intercept envelope when it is dropping its ordinance, otherwise s/he faces the risk of getting a missile up his nose/***.

So an AWACS which sees a threat can vector an F7PG into a perfect position to intercept. If all goes well, the first inkling the enemy pilot will have that something is wrong is when his plane blows up around him. Even if he realises that something is amiss, he has to either jettison and run for it (as stated until the Rafael comes back into service, IAF jets do not have the capability to easily switch from A2G to A2G on the same sortie) or engage (and risk being hit by ground assets) or drop ordinance in a less than optimal fashion.

The reverse is also true.

Sure, turn your search RADAR on. Announce where you are to the whole world. When attacking you are trying to avoid detection; not scream "shoot me".

You are right about AWACS, the Indias will certainly use AWACS to support their own forces, OTH, you have a much larger Area and 3 (as opposed to 8 for us) AWACS.

Sure, turn your search RADAR on. Announce where you are to the whole world. When attacking you are trying to avoid detection; not scream "shoot me".

You are right about AWACS, the Indias will certainly use AWACS to support their own forces, OTH, you have a much larger Area and 3 (as opposed to 8 for us) AWACS.
yes..Indeed! but Helping jets in enemy airspace will always be given higher priority than monitoring your airspace as SAMs can do the job, besides Phalcons can scan most of pakistan airspace while still staying in indian airspace(not talking about Two-front war).

Lets look at what the enemy currently has.

Our JF17 are superior to every Indian plane except the MKI.
The Block 50/52 and MLU F16 are superior to MKI.

In the Air Defence role, the F16s, Thunder's and BVR mixed with F7's and all supported by AWACS can easily take care of any expected threats. The MKI only has limited strike capabilities in the first place.

In the strike role, the JF17, ROSE Mirage have Stand off weaponry which can enable them to hit Indian targets from distance with lesser exposure. F16 Block 50/52 and MLU jammers are pretty good too.

When the Rafael comes, the equation changes; a lot. That would require more platforms; such as maybe the J31 as well as force multipliers like drones with data links, maybe better ground bases AD, longer range stand off weapons.
Dear don't compare platform only just look ranges these iaf jets carry missile

IAF MISSILES
METEOR 220KM
ASRAAM 160KM
PYTHON 5 150 KM
PYTHON DERBY 120 KM
MICA 100 KM
R 77 160 KM

PAF
SD 10 140 KM
AIM 130 180 KM

so before our F 16 even fires missile IAF RAFALE and SU 30 Launched meteor so F 16 has to get in defensive mode And these will come in numbers too so we are lacking numbers and quality

Pakistani must buy SU 35 with good weapons package around 50

Or buy 50 Eurofighter Typhoon along with meteor AIM 132 and AIM 9X IRIS-T missiles too

We are lacking lot in air war numbers are getting lower and technology also we are lissing

Please help, I'm very confused. Could someone please tell me if the Rafale is better than the MKI? :undecided: because for nearly a decade Indians have been telling us that the MKI is superior to every other aircraft in the world (perhaps on par with the F22) and no matter what we get it won't be good enough. But now we are being told that actually the Rafale is better o_O

So were Indians lying before? Are they lying now? Or have they always been habitual liers and we can't believe anything they say?

:pakistan:

Please help, I'm very confused. Could someone please tell me if the Rafale is better than the MKI? :undecided: because for nearly a decade Indians have been telling us that the MKI is superior to every other aircraft in the world (perhaps on par with the F22) and no matter what we get it won't be good enough. But now we are being told that actually the Rafale is better o_O

So were Indians lying before? Are they lying now? Or have they always been habitual liers and we can't believe anything they say?

:pakistan:

Different roles, different characteristics, different ways to use them. Both are outstanding planes.

Different roles, different characteristics, different ways to use them. Both are outstanding planes.

Both are outstanding planes...yes! But which is superior in air combat? And which would you rate as the top 3 (in service) air superiority air craft in the world?

arey baba... Why confuse?? JF-17 is better than all!!

Nahi year, I heard top is LCA followed by the starship enterprise :rofl:

Both are outstanding planes...yes! But which is superior in air combat? And which would you rate as the top 3 (in service) air superiority air craft in the world?

Nahi year, I heard top is LCA followed by the starship enterprise :rofl:

There are two types of air combat. Which do you mean?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom