What's new

A hoax call that could have triggered war

Yeah, an inside job for sure but from Indian side. I say by the naive himself i-e Mukherjee. Isn't it embarassing that you make threats and then back out at the cost of international embarassment for hollow jingoism. here is the analogy:-
1. After 9/11, Powell calls Musharraf and threatens to take action
2. After 26/11, Mukherjee calls Zardari and threatens in the same manner
The only difference being that earlier threat was made by america and the latter by Indians which was rebuked so a facade being planned to cover up the gaffe and naivete of Mukherjee. :enjoy:
Copy cats...... :lol:

Yeah, it was most probably from Mukherjee himself because number was same.They think they can talk like Americans..

Yeah, an inside job for sure but from Indian side. I say by the naive himself i-e Mukherjee. Isn't it embarassing that you make threats and then back out at the cost of international embarassment for hollow jingoism. here is the analogy:-
1. After 9/11, Powell calls Musharraf and threatens to take action
2. After 26/11, Mukherjee calls Zardari and threatens in the same manner
The only difference being that earlier threat was made by america and the latter by Indians which was rebuked so a facade being planned to cover up the gaffe and naivete of Mukherjee. :enjoy:
Copy cats...... :lol:

Looks like people got panicked even with a hoax call, imagine if it would have been real call but you thought hoax call, what would happen?.

Not only the number bro but the voice itself, i imagine the report itself says that the contact was being maintained throughout the incident so don't think, Zardari can make the mistake of recognizing the voice of dear Indian friend.
One thing you can be sure that it is not possible for any daft to pick up the phone and say, "George W Bush here, President Zardari, please mobilize your army from west to east coz Indians are mobilizing their troops"....... How easy and convenient, isn't it????

Looks like people got panicked even with a hoax call, imagine if it would have been real call but you thought hoax call, what would happen?.

Using a little common sense (which is not very common) will make it clear that it is the quite opposite of what you say. Looks like, someone broke in sweat when told by americans that the other party means business you dafts..... dont thump your chest when you can't implement it..... mobilization of strategic forces....... clue for sensible people......:enjoy:

Using a little common sense (which is not very common) will make it clear that it is the quite opposite of what you say. Looks like, someone broke in sweat when told by americans that the other party means business you dafts..... dont thump your chest when you can't implement it..... mobilization of strategic forces....... clue for sensible people......:enjoy:

Looks like coercive diplomacy has worked

Rice tells Pakistan to act ‘or US will’ -DAWN

Looks like someone is making face saving excuses by pretending that the US will implement their bidding...whereas the fact of the matter is that the US has been saying these words for years. Means nothing, nothings gonna happen. What is important is that our deterrence prevailed as usual and Indian troops stayed in their barracks (where they are safe).

Looks like someone is making face saving excuses by pretending that the US will implement their bidding...whereas the fact of the matter is that the US has been saying these words for years. Means nothing, nothings gonna happen. What is important is that our deterrence prevailed as usual and Indian troops stayed in their barracks (where they are safe).

Deterrence will work only as long as push doesn't become shove.
Well one doesn't know what is cooking on the sidelines.;):coffee:

India, US, Timbaktoo all cannot pressurize Pakistan into doing anything drastic. We have a democratic setup in Pakistan. Anything and everything will require Parliamentary approval. There aren't many people doing the bidding of Timbaktoo in Parliament these days.

There will be a controlled, measured response at best.

India, US, Timbaktoo all cannot pressurize Pakistan into doing anything drastic. We have a democratic setup in Pakistan. Anything and everything will require Parliamentary approval. There aren't many people doing the bidding of Timbaktoo in Parliament these days.

There will be a controlled, measured response at best.

It looks like US doesn't give much value to your democratic setup, which is evident when Secretary Rice has met Kiyani first rather than Zardari or Gilani. Army are the real power wielders sir.

It looks like US doesn't give much value to your democratic setup, which is evident when Secretary Rice has met Kiyani first rather than Zardari or Gilani. Army are the real power wielders sir.
I never heard that she met Kiyani first.

I know she met the whole top leadership. But Zardari was supreme on her agenda.

Her meeting only included Kiyani because Shuja Pasha reports to Kiyani.

Back
Top Bottom