What's new

A gift from heavens

The chassis definitely come from 'Made in China' 。。。the missile tech come from USA? Hehe ... :coffee:
View attachment 275917
img_20151129_211055-jpg.275813
That's a supply vehicle not launcher...

Babur has cannisterised vertical launch.

It is just nonsense speculations from India & west to demine capabilities of Pakistani scientist, no one can reverse engineer missile of such kind just to open the knocked down missiles and most hilarious is software thing ask any software engineer about this it is simply quite impossible.

It is just nonsense speculations from India & west to demine capabilities of Pakistani scientist, no one can reverse engineer missile of such kind just to open the knocked down missiles and most hilarious is software thing as any software engineer about this it is simply quite impossible.

100% agreed. Either you have to be of the opinion that Pakistan put in all the hard research work itself....or Chinese helped them in some major way (or some combination of both).

Sudden Tech injection has very limited utility when you are garnering it from a proven/matured design when you are still in the process of designing/acquiring one from scratch.

In some instances I have come across, the Chinese actually made things more difficult for themselves in various cases (long ago) of reverse engineering when they committed to such in the long run with little initial tech base on the matter.

100% agreed. Either you have to be of the opinion that Pakistan put in all the hard research work itself....or Chinese helped them in some major way (or some combination of both).

Sudden Tech injection has very limited utility when you are garnering it from a proven/matured design when you are still in the process of designing/acquiring one from scratch.

In some instances I have come across, the Chinese actually made things more difficult for themselves in various cases (long ago) of reverse engineering when they committed to such in the long run with little initial tech base on the matter.
Projects of this kind developed after long thinking and work it is idiocity to think we got some knocked out missile open it copy it and produced in serial production, may they worth for some critical knowledge based study but to develop missile just we found some it is just hilarious.

Projects of this kind developed after long thinking and work it is idiocity to think we got some knocked out missile open it copy it and produced in serial production, may they worth for some critical knowledge based study but to develop missile just we found some it is just hilarious.

I work with turbofans for a living. It always amuses me when people think acquiring a jet engine will shed major light on fabricating one.

I work with turbofans for a living. It always amuses me when people think acquiring a jet engine will shed major light on fabricating one.
Even for copying you need full basic knowledge and support industry.

Even for copying you need full basic knowledge and support industry.

Basically. Its a pretty complex feedback loop at all stages (what you research > prototyping/testing > facility incorporation/development > back to more research >....and so on).

You can for example do a pretty standard materials analysis on say the super alloys in a jet engine. But then you have to figure how to manufacture with them the required tolerance and Q.A....and you will most definitely fail I can tell you that.

Compare this to developing from scratch, an alloy from the basics employing RnD over a longer period of time...which makes you inherently understand the manufacturing and Q.A from the ground up over time as well.

Thats why there is always a very delicate balance. I am not saying reverse engineering does not have its merits (for process/tech acceleration)....it just becomes quantums of magnitudes higher for certain technologies....and there are sizeable trade-offs.

Lollzz they actually think you can 'study' a cruise missle and actually 'recreate' it. What did you recreate? The engines, the navigation and sensors? You can 'study' something but you can't recreate it- you don't have the infra to do it. PERIOD. And whether you like it or not there is much credence to the idea that far from you 'copying' the Tomahawk, yours is basically the Chinese cruise missile system.

The delusions some people live in- just AMAZING!!!

hehehe like Nirbhay?

I don't even know where you claim your production facility is.

Which is why putting out blanket statements like you did before is not based on facts but your opinion. You know squat about Pakistan's defence infrastructure.

Plus, what exactly does finding a cruise system give anyone? You can look at it, maybe understand some characteristics. Primary engineering around this is so heavy that it's almost like building one from scratch.

Agreed. Which is why I agree with Nilgiri's assertion that we might've had a cruise missile development programme in the works even before the tomahawk dropped in our lap. And we most definitely had outside help.

Which is why putting out blanket statements like you did before is not based on facts but your opinion. You know squat about Pakistan's defence infrastructure.

Agreed. Which is why I agree with Nilgiri's assertion that we might've had a cruise missile development programme in the works even before the tomahawk dropped in our lap. And we most definitely had outside help.

Look, cruise is an extremely complex system that comes much after Ballistic missile systems. Reasons are various- I order to make it terrain hugging and accurately navigable you need a large project dedicated only to that. Yanks can do it, they've been working on sat nav projects for decades now. You don't even have large facilities that deal with this stuff. Even today you have problems working with guidance and navigation systems. Propulsion is another complex area. Your work with propulsion is very limited- a lot of your missile systems are actually direct descendants of Chinese missiles. In fact, making an IRBM is easier for you than cruise today (it'll be a decade + long project). And you're saying that 10 years ago you had mastered cruise? YEAH SURE.

The R&D required for this really is not there at your end whether you had a project or not. The following is the realistic assessment of the situation. You guys may have looked at and passed over the Tomahawk to the Chinese who would have gleefully taken it apart to see what's In it. Since India was moving ahead in Ballistic systems you would have logically initiated discussions for cruise systems to counter it. Especially because our programs included anti-ballistic systems. Since they can't hand it over to you under MTCR, you make the claim that it was indigenously developed. Pretty much the only scenario possible.

So basically Indians been crying that Pakistani cruise missile Is a copy. But now that proof has been provided that it's likely to be an American copy not Chinese,they are not having it as American technology Is reliable.
I wonder if Mozambique had cruise missiles then Indians had written pages upon pages trying to prove that it's not even a Chinese copy but a Mozambique one.

Last edited:
So basically Indians been crying that Pakistanu cruise missile Is a copy. But now that proof has been provided that it's likely to be an American copy not Chinese,they are not having it as American technology Is reliable.
I wonder if Mozambique had cruise missiles then Indians had written pages upon pages trying to prove that it's not even a Chinese copy but a Mozambique one.
Can't stop laughing!!!!! Yeap, you've really got a very competitive adversary!!

So basically Indians been crying that Pakistanu cruise missile Is a copy. But now that proof has been provided that it's likely to be an American copy not Chinese,they are not having it as American technology Is reliable.
Hahahahahaha! you made my day buddy!!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom