What's new

98% of aspirants fail test for teachers in India

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
LOL @ Indicites, I thought they were good in school since they pompous about it

NEW DELHI: Questions over the quality of teacher training in the country continue with more than 98% of aspiring school teachers failing to clear the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2014. Just 13,428 of 7.50 lakh aspirants passed the test, conducted in January by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).

In all, 8.26 lakh aspirants registered for the test. About 7.50 lakh finally appeared for the test, of which only 13,428 managed to clear either Paper I or II or both. Clearing Paper I is mandatory for those wishing to teach classes I to V while Paper 2 is for those wishing to teach classes VI to VIII. Aspirants who wish to get certified for classes I to VIII need to clear both the papers.

The papers feature objective questions which test the aspirants' knowledge of English, mathematics and environmental science. This year's results actually mark a marginal improvement over last year, when over 99% of the candidates failed to pass. But CBSE sources said the board had worked on the difficulty level as well as extended the duration of the test, keeping in mind dismal results in the past.

This shows the standard of teaching is high because 98% fail to join the profession LOL.

India is an education conscious state, as far I have seen. In forthcoming years, we'll be seeing this as an educationally grown country(Insha'Allah). Surplus Allah bless everyone with fruit of devotion alongwith us.

Back
Top Bottom