What's new

93 people killed in NATO airstrike in N Afghanistan: officials

^ Well, the thing is that the southern part of Afghanistan is the war zone and Taliban are mainly hidden in the mountains of the southern parts. Therefore NATO is extra active in those parts which has led to many killings of Pashtuns so far. That's the reason Pashtuns have turned their supports towards Taliban again because they think if only in south people die, then NATO's main goal must be destruction of Pashtuns. Which by the way won't ever happen anyway.

On the other hand if Taliban comes back then it surely will kill certain people who were in favour of NATO, and majority of them were Uzbek's and Tajik's. So if Taliban comes back then ethical fight kick off once again in Afghanistan and this time it will be bloodier than ever. Therefore I hope either NATO is more careful in the future with Pashtun civilians, but if they leave then before that they should make sure only Afghan Taliban come back again.

Actually I do not blame the people that made the decision to hit the tankers. The trucks where in Taliban hands and not located in a village. as far as NATO knew all the people around the trucks could have been Taliban. I watched some interviews with survivors who admitted that they knew ahead of time the trucks could be hit. And they went anyways.

So what we have is The Taliban telling people in nearby village to come and get stolen gas after the trucks became stuck in river. And people from village knowing that NATO could hit the trucks anytime. And despite being warned by others in village. they go to loot stolen gas.

if the commanders that made the decision to hit the tankers. had realized that most the people around the tankers were civilians and not Taliban. they would not have hit it.

Last edited:
It is too early to comment on this. The reports predictably will be vary from one extreme end to the other, depending on the source.

The petrol tankers represented legitimate targets of the NATO forces, there is no question of that. The only outcome is that the Taliban guys have got a perfect PR opportunity and the investigation must be done quickly to present the true picture.

IMO this looks like a stage managed show and the Germans walked into it.

Actually I do not blame the people that made the decision to hit the tankers. The trucks where in Taliban hands and not located in a village. as far as NATO knew all the people around the trucks could have been Taliban. I watched some interviews with survivors who admitted that they knew ahead of time the trucks could be hit. And they went anyways.

So what we have is The Taliban telling people in nearby village to come and get stolen gas after the trucks became stuck in river. And people from village knowing that NATO could hit the trucks anytime. And despite being warned by others in village. they go to loot stolen gas.

if the commanders that made the decision to hit the tankers. had realized that most the people around the tankers were civilians and not Taliban. they would not have hit it.
then dont blame muslims for 9/11 either because they thought they were hitting jews only:)

Back
Top Bottom