What's new

90 percent area in Pakistan still safe for tourists: Dutch expert

Pakistan is not and will never be a failed state. If Pakistan's strategic security is challenged, I would expect to see more PakChina joint military exercise in Pakistan. And I would keep count of how many come in and how many come out from China. :smokin:

Off course he looks kid. But still Pakistan comes in top 10 failed state.

I think 90% is still not good amount of safety. One need to have around 99% security. I feel USA, finland has 99.99% security.

Failed State ??? :blah:

The definition of failed state according to US = Any country ( especially Muslim ) which possess nuclear technology and/or is a potential threat to Israel.

They would name New-zealand a failed state if they figured out their people and army were anti Israel

Just telling you the credibility of the ones responsible for naming pakistan a failed state.

Well, the Northern Areas (now Gilgit-Baltistan etc) are completely safe to travel to. People should go for a trek while it's still comparatively warmer.... and it's sooo cheap going in a group. Even last year, in the October-December period when the conflict was at its peak in Swat valley and the security was extremely bad, foreigners had come in and gone up north. Of course, they would take a flight straight from Islamabad to Gilgit/Skardu bypassing Swat areas etc rather than travelling by road and also the tour operators would not put (and usually don't in any case) put pakistanis and foreigners in the same group.

Other places worth visiting are Thar (especially after the monsoon rains... though it has become warm again there. The Jain temples in the desert are spectacular) and even the Kirthar Range in balochistan is nice (especially of you are into mountain climbing etc).

Someone on this thread called Pakistan a failed state. Ahan and you ahve the authority to say that because...? Pakistan has been there for more than 60 years, it's geo-strategic importance has just grown (may be for all the wrong reasons but whatever) and there seems to be no hurry on the part of the US to let go of its alliance with Pakistan despite the statements that it passes about "stricter" measures every three days for the last seven years since the war on terror began.

About time you woke up and saw the world through another glass :agree:

Im planning to travel to Karachi in November for my friends wedding......Apparently Im supposed to have armed guards with me from the minute I land in Karachi......

Frankly I was under the impression that Karachi is mad safe......Im surpised why I need guards??
Is it coz I am Indian?

Also from what my friend told me, the Northern areas aint that rosy.....Lahore I hear is pretty safe as well...
Any advice on what I should be avoiding??....

Im planning to travel to Karachi in November for my friends wedding......Apparently Im supposed to have armed guards with me from the minute I land in Karachi......

Frankly I was under the impression that Karachi is mad safe......Im surpised why I need guards??
Is it coz I am Indian?

Also from what my friend told me, the Northern areas aint that rosy.....Lahore I hear is pretty safe as well...
Any advice on what I should be avoiding??....

If you are rich, then yeah you'll need a guard. Otherwise, there millions of Karachiites who roam around the city without official protocol or an entourage.

And there is a difference between the Northern Areas (which are really rosy) and the north-west parts of the country (which includes Swat, Dir, Buner--- not so rosy these days). NA has been renamed Gilgit-Baltistan.

Avoid the paranoia I guess ;)

Did anyone get to hear the news report on Kaghan Valley? Apparently, more than a 100,000 tourists visited the valley this August, specially Naran, Saif-ul-malook and surrounding areas which is a new record in our tourism sector.

The best thing is that they've extended the tourism season for Kaghan valley till October. Which used to be till August previously. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom