What's new

9 army men arrested for killing Chinese sailors on Mekong River: Thai polic

aimarraul

Reaction score
9 army men arrested for killing Chinese sailors on Mekong River: Thai police chief

English.news.cn 2011-10-28 23:43:36 FeedbackPrintRSS

BANGKOK, Oct. 28 (Xinhua) -- Nine army men have turned themselves in and confessed to killing 13 Chinese sailors on Mekong River in Golden Triangle earlier this month, Thai police chief said Friday.

The suspects were servicemen of the Third Military Command of the Thai Army, which guards the northern border of Thailand, said Thai police chief Pol Gen Priewpan Damapong.

Priewpan said the army and the government were not behind the killing. He said the police suspect the servicemen acted on the order of some local tycoons and further investigation is underway.

The victims aboard two cargo ships were shot dead by a group of gunmen on Oct. 5 in a section of Mekong River that forms the border of Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Their bodies were found and salvaged from the river in northern Thailand afterward.

I suspect the 9 involved are simply scapegoats. An incident like this cannot be planned and carried out by 9 men, especially of lower ranks.

I suspect the 9 involved are simply scapegoats. An incident like this cannot be planned and carried out by 9 men, especially of lower ranks.

Nine army men have turned themselves in and confessed to killing 13 Chinese sailors

One or two giving themselves in is certainly more believable than all nine men giving themselves in.
Clearly something fishy is going on there.

The article posted by the OP states so as well. Obviously the Thai army/government wouldn't do something like this, so it's probably ordered, as the article states, by some local "tycoon"(i.e. crime lord) who's got some local army officers on the payroll. They probably threatened these soldiers' families or something and made them turn themselves in as scapegoats. Unfortunately, this tactic often works well and it's usually tough to tie the boss to the crimes.

Why would they do this?

to put things into perspective, just imagine the outcry if china did something like this. now to answer your question, countries are simply taking advantage of china's "peaceful rise"; from the philippine "accidental" ramming of the chinese fish boat, and now this. i hope the ccp realizes now that these countries do not want peace and they should not receive any in the future. good bye hu jintao, hello xi jinping!

Of 9 killers, all of them are military personals, including a major. And you want people to believe it's not the military's responsibility!

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

If the dead were Americans, another war is coming.

if I committed this kind of crime, killing 13 unarmed people in cold blood, I won't be turning myself in
any sane people for that matter, it just doesn't make sense. If im bad enough to do that, there is no way suddenly all 9 of us all grow consciences.

Someone in Thai military is panicking because all the heat they/he didn't expect. Since there is a major, this someone must be way higher in the chain of command.

I just hope the Chinese police investigating will get to the bottom of this, not just try to claim things down.

Back
Top Bottom