What's new

8th anniversary of Gujarat genocide. Never forget

It's been eight years since the 2002 Muslim massacre organized by the state leadership. But even today, tens of thousands of Muslims continue to languish in refugee camps, too afraid to return to their homes. Why? Because the names of the politicians, businessmen, officials and policemen who colluded in the anti-Muslim pogrom are widely known. Some of them were even caught on video, in a sting carried out by the weekly magazine Tehelka, proudly recalling how they murdered and raped Muslims. But, as Amnesty International pointed out in a recent report, justice continues to evade most victims and survivors of the violence. Another organization, Human Rights Watch, has also criticized the Indian government for failure to address the humanitarian condition of the victims, "overwhelming majority of them Muslim." Following their traumatic experiences, the surviving Muslim victims of Gujarat are still living in fear, as the perpetrators of riots remain powerful and roam free.

Haq's Musings: Gujarat Muslims Ignored by Indian Politicians

It's the same story with the killers of Sikhs in New Delhi in 1984. Indira's Sikh assassins met swift justice, but the murderers of 3,870 innocent Sikhs still roam free a quarter of a century later. In addition to the Sikh pogrom, the year 1984 also saw a deadly gas leak in a factory owned by Union Carbide in Bhopal that killed over 2,000 people and left permanent injuries for many more for life.

In reaction to the Sikh killings in Delhi and other places, Indira's successor and son Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi declared at a massive rally in the capital that "once a mighty tree falls, it is only natural that the earth around it shakes".

One of the worst massacres took place in two narrow alleys in India's capital New Delhi's poor Trilokpuri colony where some 350 Sikhs, including women and children, were casually butchered over 72 hours, according to media reports.

The charred and hacked remains of the hundreds of dead in Trilokpuri's Block 32 on the smoky and dank evening of 2 November 1984 were stark testimony to the unimpeded and seemingly endless massacre, according to the BBC.

Soon after news of Mrs Gandhi's killing by her Sikh bodyguards spread, Hindu mobs swung into action - like they did elsewhere in the city armed with voters' lists - in Trilokpuri against the low caste Sikhs inhabiting one-roomed tenements on either side of two narrow alleyways barely 150 yards long.

With local police connivance they blocked entry to the neighborhood with massive concrete water pipes and stationed guards armed with sticks atop them.

For the next three days marauding groups armed with cleavers, scythes, kitchen knives and scissors took breaks to eat and regroup in between executing their bloodthirsty mission.

Haq's Musings: Sikhs Remember Victims of 1984 Massacre

=kallol;706419]Ans:: What do you know about rights of minorities .
1. If the answer is NO then do not poke your nose then if not asked for. [/QUOTE]

Thread is about genocide of thousands of muslims in gujrat by Not Terrorists but their own fellow neighbours and local residents and you want to know about minority rights in Pak !!!?

2. You need to know the difference between Sachar Committee report and samachar.

Al BS Bakwas ! al i know no one has been hanged or is in jail .... there are aprox 100's of murder suspects out there in gujrat with inocent blood on their hands & all those murderer pigs are having fun after 8 long years ... screw the BS samachar and sachar ... where is the justice, mr minority rights?

3. To have the rights to get concerned about fellow muslim and sit on the high table, clear your backyard and give equal rights & privileges to all of your citizens (Shia, Ahmedia, Hindu, Christian, etc). I read everyday news papers from Pakistan (Dawn, Daily Times, Jang)

no offence but seems you just want to twist and confuse things here and get offtopic ... if you so concerned about minority rights in pak make a separate thread and you will get your answer.

I do not want to be rude but you seem to be totally uneducated in these regards. Meaningful discussions are warranted not any rants.

topic is about gujrat murders and justice where does rights of minorites in pak comes from???? do your self a favour and figure this out ,you will understand who is ranting!

Keep this forum a place to share ideas and build up.
As a country, if you are not blind, deaf and uneducated, India is constantly thriving for better social integration and social upliftment. Having 1.15 billion it is an uphill job with so much of diversity. It takes time in a democratic country.

people starving of poverty , having a racist society system based on cast and creed of an indivisual ,an army occupying foreign land opressing minorities from last 60 years , broad day light systematic genocide of muslims in a state and no justice ....
is this your great indian democracy ????

=Bhushan;707238]Guys do you know whats the real problem? You guys think "ki tum logon (Pakistan) ne dunibhar ki Muslims ka theka le rakha hai."

tum jaisay gadhey say aisay hi jawab ki umeed thi ....!! if you are not so concerned about your neighbours ... why do you poke nose in pak business what are you doing here on this forum? if innocent are killed in pak by a terrorist dont you call it right or wrong ?? why is your bum itching so much when we want to follow up on gujrat qataleaam ??? what kinda of hipocrat are you ???

Have any Indian Muslim asked for Pakistan's help? NO...Indian Muslim is capable of solving his problem.No need of your crocodile tears. On similar topic an Indian muslim has embarrassed your former president in front of whole world. This is a creepy attitude. Leave Indian Muslims alone. They don't need you. Better solve your own problems.

if this is your attitude than What is your business here?? leave this forum ... we dont want your rant either !!

Al BS Bakwas ! al i know no one has been hanged or is in jail .... there are aprox 100's of murder suspects out there in gujrat with inocent blood on their hands & all those murderer pigs are having fun after 8 long years ... screw the BS samachar and sachar ... where is the justice, mr minority rights?

While you are entitled to your own opinion, you certainly are not entitled to your own facts. Google and you can actually find out that a lot of the rioters have been sentenced and are in jail, some of them for life and more will follow.

....after8 long years.

True, sad but not unusual. The man found guilty of the attack on the Indian Parliament in 2001 is yet to be hanged. Actually, the killers of Rajiv Gandhi who was assassinated in 1991 are still to be hanged.

We have a judicial system that is unfortunately slow but not for the victims of Gujarat alone. It will eventually get there.

people starving of poverty , having a racist society system based on cast and creed of an indivisual ,an army occupying foreign land ...........

Lets follow your principle, shall we ? Here's what you said:
"no offence but seems you just want to twist and confuse things here and get offtopic ... if you so concerned about minority rights in pak make a separate thread and you will get your answer."

Poverty, caste and creed, army occupying foreign land..... Practice what you preach and make separate threads for each or all of them please. They too are not connected to the topic. If you are okay with such connections, then please show the same courtesy to others.

To all Pakistani members screaming their lungs out regarding Gujarati genocide .The great Gujarat genocide is a thing of the past for Indians (all religions).The man you think instrumental has won three elections there and seems to be in the mood of winning a fourth term.The muslims and specificall the mullahs of the non-puratanical sects (excluding wahhabis)seem to support him .Do you know why?
He is keeping the wahhabis and Tableeghis out of the mosques and they are able to retain their dominance even in the waqf boards.So you see its a symbiosis between both(I salute the man's intellect very chanakyian I must say) so understand that the Gujarati massacre is a dead horse whip as much as you want but its a dead horse.So take a chillpill and relax

It is must for our own good that we shall make full efforts to get the people responsible for such incidence to book. It is 84 or Gujarat, we should send a strong message to such people that you cannot get away by doing this, I also think GOI planning on introducing legislation regarding the same.

The one thing that I will no one notices is that it is not the case that such rioting has only happened against Muslims, In past there were many riots that were started by Muslims.

I am not by any means justifying Gujarat riots but to say that only Hindus indulge in riots is far from truth.

Like rape is rarely about sex, riots are rarely if ever about religion.

We Indians have learned this the hard way, and we will not go back.

there was nothing wrong in what happened

That is a terrible thing to say. Were they not human? Did they not feel pain? Didn't they have loved ones?

I'm not even sure what to say to this. You need to introspect on what u have just said. If you really find nothing wrong in rape and murder of your countrywomen & men, I'm not sure anything i or anyone else says will make any difference.

Thanks for reminding us.. After 92 Years it will be 100 th and after 902 years it will be 1000 th... and as an Indian I can only wish it would be last Riot in India and will remain last for comming centuries...

there was nothing wrong in what happened

There is nothing right about Gujarat riots. I really need to control my anger to reply to this post, to defend Gujarat riots is shameful. There is nothing that tarnished India's image more then Gujarat riots.

Right, the custodians of all muslims across the world. Why don't the people of pakistan think about themselves than meddle with the internal matters of india. In pakistan muslims kill muslims. Indian muslims don't need support of pakistan. Your support is devisive for our country as it gives fodder to the right wing extremists in our country. Nobody asked the pakistanis to worry about indian muslims. My family members lost everything in those riots, but the faith in indian system prevails and those family members are doing far better in their business than ever before in the same place. So please bother about your own country. Indian muslims don't need your support.

Why do Pakistanis even care about what happened in Gujarat? It does not effect the daily life of an ordinary Pakistani, so why talk about it?

Is it because the Pakistani elite can only justify the two nation theory based on riots that happen in India?

If this is indeed the case then all i'll say is that a delineation of a national identity based on events happening in a neighbouring nation is really a pathetic way to assert national identity.

Why do Pakistanis even care about what happened in Gujarat? It does not effect the daily life of an ordinary Pakistani, so why talk about it?

Is it because the Pakistani elite can only justify the two nation theory based on riots that happen in India?

If this is indeed the case then all i'll say is that a delineation of a national identity based on events happening in a neighbouring nation is really a pathetic way to assert national identity.

According to Indian Constitution, all Indian problems are Pakistan orientated, well it gives Pakistan the right to expose that India itself is anything but a so called secular society. Basically it's a taste of your own medicine.

Back
Top Bottom