What's new

890 of the 2,200 workers at Tyson meat plant in Indiana test positive for coronavirus

LKJ86

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Nearly 900 workers at Tyson meat plant in Indiana test positive for coronavirus
BY REBECCA KLAR - 04/30/20 06:06 PM EDT
Source:https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...lant-in-indiana-test-positive-for-coronavirus

Nearly 900 workers at a Tyson Food plant in Indiana have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

The coronavirus infected 890 of the 2,200 people at the plant located in Logansport, Ind., local station WISH TV reported Wednesday.

The updated number is more than 700 additional confirmed cases at the plant than the Cass County Health Department reported last week, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Tyson announced last week that the company would voluntarily close its facility and work with county officials on a plan to reopen.

Cass County Commissioner Ryan Browning said he’s working with Tyson and the health department to develop a workable reopening plan, according to WISH.

On Tuesday President Trump signed an executive order using the Defense Production Act (DPA) to order meat processing plants to stay open and designate them as critical infrastructure.

“So there is some worry there that might force them to flip a switch and go, but we are continuing with our plan,” Browning reportedly said.

The Hill reached out to Browning regarding the number of cases confirmed at the Tyson plant.

Serenity Alter, the Cass County Health Department administrator, said she expects the number of positive cases to continue to increase.

“We were in good shape for a couple weeks and then just within the couple weeks it kind of blew up,” Alter said, according to WISH.

In a statement to the news station, Tyson said it has implemented additional cleaning and protective measures.

“We've been screening worker temperatures, requiring protective face coverings and conducting additional cleaning and sanitizing," Tyson said in the statement. "We’ve also implemented social distancing measures, such as workstation dividers and more breakroom space.”

The Cass County Health Department reported 1,283 cases in the county as of Tuesday.

Indiana reported 17,853 confirmed COVID-19 cases statewide as of Wednesday.

@Slav Defence

Did you really think he'd actually listen to you?
Here he is posting as usual like nothing happened.

Oh and since you got his attention he is adding other troll posts.

@LKJ86
I have issued you +1 warning points which is second reminder. You know that we follow 3 strike procedure which leads to ban and I assure you that if we set the duration for 1-2 years then you will not at all like it. In addition to that, we do not allow banned members to make new ids.
Like I said, Chinese and American posters better not make mistakes like some of their elected or unelected politicians.We are here to help, let us do so.

Thread has been moved second time in the corona virus related thread.

@waz said it is okay. :D
But I gotta admit @LKJ86 got a very cute Ava. :D

This is not fair and neither it is justice that I leave a poster just because he or she is Chinese and issue warning points leading to ban just because the poster is from United States of America. I ask you, what message are we delivering to the world?
Besides, trolling or systematic patterning to humiliate any community represents extremist and hateful approach. We cannot, unfortunately take any decision that is unjust. Any poster who trolls will be responded accordingly.

regards

@LKJ86
I have issued you +1 warning points which is second reminder. You know that we follow 3 strike procedure which leads to ban and I assure you that if we set the duration for 1-2 years then you will not at all like it. In addition to that, we do not allow banned members to make new ids.
Like I said, Chinese and American posters better not make mistakes what their authorities are. We are here to help, let us do so.

Thread has been moved second time in the corona virus related thread.

This is not fair and neither it is justice that I leave a poster just because he or she is Chinese and issue warning points leading to ban just because the poster is from United States of America. I ask you, what message are we delivering to the world?
Besides, trolling or systematic patterning to humiliate any community represents extremist and hateful approach. We cannot, unfortunately take any decision that is unjust. Any poster who trolls will be responded accordingly.

regards
Actually @waz left a post saying that it was okay to post, but should not clatter the entire section with his post. let me check if I can find waz's post.

Actually @waz left a post saying that it was okay to post, but should not clatter the entire section with his post. let me check if I can find waz's post.
I and waz know what we are talking about, I assure you. It is cluttering, unfortunately.:)

Sorry, my English is still elementary. :D
We discuss all the problems regarding you people behind the curtains, I assure you that just yesterday we both discussed how some Turk posters are trolling Chinese section and then we also decided to patrol Americas as US community is patiently sending complains regarding same thing.
I am disclosing this to assure you that we understand clearly what is exactly going on and I assure you that we have proper stats and strategy in dealing with any problem that our communities have gone through or are going through. All you people have to do is to respect the decision we take and act accordingly.

regards

We discuss all the problems regarding you people behind the curtains, I assure you that just yesterday we both discussed how some Turk posters are trolling Chinese section and then we also decided to patrol Americas as US community is patiently sending complains regarding same thing.
I am disclosing this to assure you that we understand clearly what is exactly going on and I assure you that we have proper stats and strategy in dealing with any problem that our communities have gone through or are going through. All you people have to do is to respect the decision we take and act accordingly.

regards
Thank you. Jia You!!!

Back
Top Bottom