What's new

800km Brahmos Being Readied

@Penguin : I remember you wrote a post on sea warfare about Brahmos and Barrack 8 SAM.
Let's assume Brahmos has low low range of 500km. Will there be change in your previous analysis???
Help me remember this pls: did I write something on Brahmos versus Barak-8? That would be interesting because most of the time, you would find Barak-8 on the same side/ship as Brahmos ;-)

Help me remember this pls: did I write something on Brahmos versus Barak-8? That would be interesting because most of the time, you would find Barak-8 on the same side/ship as Brahmos ;-)
Nope. You didn't. You wrote on Naval warfare. It wasn't Brahmos vs Barrack. You wrote the effectiveness of this combo on IN ships. But I do remember you writing if the range wasn't the factor this combo would have been more effective.
So asked what will change now when range is not a factor.
The post I am referring is more than 1 year old. I couldn't find it. Only thing I remember from that post is you wrote "antidote for the problem is on same ship"

Nope. You didn't. You wrote on Naval warfare. It wasn't Brahmos vs Barrack. You wrote the effectiveness of this combo on IN ships. But I do remember you writing if the range wasn't the factor this combo would have been more effective.
So asked what will change now when range is not a factor.
The post I am referring is more than 1 year old. I couldn't find it. Only thing I remember from that post is you wrote "antidote for the problem is on same ship"
I very much doubt I wrote any post like that. Because there isn't necessareily a combo: it is not like one system needs the other. If I did talk about the range of Barak-8, then in comparison to other SAM systems. In general, it is the case that supersonic antiship missiles reduce the time available between detection and (effective) response. Hence, in general, there is a trend towards using longer range and unassisted (i.e. active radar and/or IR and/ro RF) homing. See Phalanx versus SeaRAM, Rim116 RAM block 0/1 versus Block 2, see ESSM block 1 versus block 2, Standard SM2 versus SM6, etc.

how is the range increased ? Is the warhead being decreased ? Is the missile made bigger ?

No it has an actual range above 600 KMs. Electronic locks for containing range is being removed. That will make Missile a 600 KM range missile and in next phase 200 KM shall be added. It may be by the way of new fuel or addition of fuel or slashing of weight and Aerodynamic Improvement etc.

Back
Top Bottom