What's new

8 NEED-TO-KNOW FACTS ABOUT The American Health Care Act

simple Brain

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
landscape-1490386271-hbz-healthcare-reactions-index.jpg

8 NEED-TO-KNOW FACTS ABOUT THE AHCA

1. Dismantles the Obamacare taxes that have hurt job creators, increased premium costs, and limited options for patients and health care providers—including taxes on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, health-insurance premiums, and medical devices.

2. Eliminates the individual and employer mandate penalties, which forced millions of workers, families, and job creators into expensive, inadequate Obamacare plans that they don’t want and cannot afford.

3. Prohibits health insurers from denying coverage or charging more money to patients based on pre-existing conditions.

4. Helps young adults access health insurance and stabilize the marketplace by allowing dependents to continue staying on their parents’ plan until they are 26.

5. Establishes a Patient and State Stability Fund, which provides states with $100 billion to design programs that meet the unique needs of their patient populations and help low-income Americans afford health care.

6. Modernizes and strengthens Medicaid by transitioning to a “per capita allotment” so states can better serve the patients most in need.

7. Empowers individuals and families to spend their health care dollars the way they want and need by enhancing and expanding Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)—nearly doubling the amount of money people can contribute and broadening how people can use it.

8. Helps Americans access affordable, quality health care by providing a monthly tax credit—between $2,000 and $14,000 a year—for low- and middle-income individuals and families who don’t receive insurance through work or a government program.

So what do you think guys that Trump is doing some good towards his Country or it is nothing comparing to the damage that has been done to America in Bush and Obama Presidency?

I don't think the government should mandate healthcare. Healthcare should be free market.

Control people's health, and you control their lives. That's how government makes people slaves.

Should be simple , Doctors / Nurses should be on Salary 100,000-180,000 , and they should work as employee for the Government

1- Cure patients
2- Fix patients
3 - Recommend medicince
4 - Perform surgeries

There should be no concept of "Premium" which rises based on usage of service, no insurance concept when it comes to health care.

American doctors have habbit of over charging for services

GREED is what needs to go

3-5 day of hospitalization can reach 40,000 -50,000 in expenses

95% of the overhead is due to Doctor's greed because they want $$$$$$$
So a typica budget of 1-5 billion charges becomes 450 billion over head

Last edited:

It's more like they have to pay for $10M medical insurance premiums because if ANYTHING is misdiagnosed a multi-million dollar lawsuit is handed to them by ambulance chasing lawyers.

It's more like they have to pay for $10M medical insurance premiums because if ANYTHING is misdiagnosed a multi-million dollar lawsuit is handed to them by ambulance chasing lawyers.
Doctors education also does not come cheap, its pretty expensive too. Doctor also has to put more time of their life in education.

My physician recently mentioned that his malpractice insurance premiums had gone through the roof in the last few years.

100,000-180,000 /year is lot of money

• And no need for hefty insurance , if they got educated properly they should not be misdiagnosing people

Don't understand why a patient has to pay 40,000-50,000 for 3-5 days of hospitalization in USA when same days cost 200-900 bucks across the globe

No wonder the budget goes to 300-400 billion in deficit , 99% of $$$ going to Doctors for their million dollar mansions or the car or expensive residence

Last edited:
3. Prohibits health insurers from denying coverage or charging more money to patients based on pre-existing conditions.

Although this seems to reflect the ACA's principle on the periphery, older individuals are more prone to such chronic conditions, and unfortunately requiring insurers to keep premiums level for this demographic was not a provision of the AHCA. This, plus the proposed cancellation of Medicaid, were the primary reasons behind the AHCA's cancellation.

Don't understand why a patient has to pay 40,000-50,000 for 3-5 days of hospitalization in USA when same days cost 200-900 bucks across the globe

It's not that pricey per day. More like $300 to $3000 depending upon where you are.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/average-cost-per-inpatient-day-across-50-states.html

My "misdiagnosing" includes crazy stuff like someone jumps off a cliff because the doctor didn't have what looked like a sane person committed to a psychiatric hospital for their own safety. People always blaming the doctor instead of the victim and suing.

Many are doing pretty good...but not all are living in mega-Mansions:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/People_with_Jobs_as_Physicians_/_Doctors/Salary

People with Jobs as Physicians / Doctors Median Salary by Job

Family Physician / Doctor
$169,355

Physician / Doctor, Internal Medicine
$183,116

Physician / Doctor, General Practice
$130,413

Physician / Doctor, Emergency Room (ER)
$208,496

Physician / Doctor, Radiologist
$292,475

Physician / Doctor, Neurologist
$203,465

Obstetrician / Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
$204,469

Last edited:
I don't think the government should mandate healthcare. Healthcare should be free market.

Control people's health, and you control their lives. That's how government makes people slaves.
I am unaware of us govts health policy, but health is most basic responsibility of any govt

Should be simple , Doctors / Nurses should be on Salary 100,000-180,000 , and they should work as employee for the Government

1- Cure patients
2- Fix patients
3 - Recommend medicince
4 - Perform surgeries

There should be no concept of "Premium" which rises based on usage of service, no insurance concept when it comes to health care.

American doctors have habbit of over charging for services

GREED is what needs to go

3-5 day of hospitalization can reach 40,000 -50,000 in expenses

Any corporate hospital in the world majority of bill goes into hospital pockets, doctors make little.
At least in India doctors have a little say in Billings - in corporate hospitals

I am unaware of us govts health policy, but health is most basic responsibility of any govt
No, it is not.

The moment I am responsible to take care of your health, that is the moment I have control over you. As if it is not enough that already any government have some measures of control over you now.

If you want me to take care of your health, I will want to control of what you eat and how you conduct your life. After all, what you take into your body and how you live your life affects your risks of having health issues. If I have to take money from other people to take care of your health issues, it is only right that I should take measures to control cost so that I have to take as little as possible. Smoking ? No. Alcohol ? No. Processed food ? No. And so on...

You see the point ?

No, it is not.

The moment I am responsible to take care of your health, that is the moment I have control over you. As if it is not enough that already any government have some measures of control over you now.

If you want me to take care of your health, I will want to control of what you eat and how you conduct your life. After all, what you take into your body and how you live your life affects your risks of having health issues. If I have to take money from other people to take care of your health issues, it is only right that I should take measures to control cost so that I have to take as little as possible. Smoking ? No. Alcohol ? No. Processed food ? No. And so on...

You see the point ?
Your understanding is wrong.
Medical facilities should be universal and free , be it in any way irrespective of age and economic status.
Be it NHS or German way.

I personally ike German way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom