What's new

$8.38 billion Japanese fund to revamp transport system

I have no idea what triggered you! I did not expect something like this. I posted this to double-check and know stuff here. Despite I have found some pointless slur spewing at me by you.

Yes! 8-lane is overkill. We simulated the whole traffic situation in CUBE (I guess you do not know what it is, please do a google search) and forecast future traffic for the upcoming 25 years. 8-lane is overkill. 4-lane (2 lanes each way) is quite economical.
Hugging the city! Oh boy! You must have been talking about the inner ring-road project. The construction of the inner 8-lane ring (4-lane each way) will soon start. Keeping that in mind, do you still think an 8-lane outer ring-road is ok?
"Why would you choose to create a road to minimize land acquisition cost?" I guess you have limited knowledge regarding how a project works. Land acquisition is not only costly but also critical. It is easier when less valuable land with fewer people live there to select for a big project. Why? To reduce conflicts regarding politics, public sentiment, budget as well as financial issues. Also, look at the attached file, where the outer ring-road is proposed by DAP.
Yes, my designs are substandard! However, some of them are built (e.g., approach road of Kanchpur, Meghna, Gumti 2nd bridge by Japanese contractor) and some are waiting to be built (e.g., Dhaka Ashulia elevated expressway). I am not here for getting a vouch from you.
Why I came here to get educated (I have serious doubt regarding your understanding of my context of using such a word ). Well, I have found people here smart and knowledgeable as compared to other social platforms. I must say, I have learned many things from your post too.
Finally, I have attached a photo of RSTP where you can have an idea about the ring-road system around Dhaka. The red line is the inner ring road and the black one is the middle/outer ring road.
Good day!View attachment 719524

Thanks a lot!
Looks like it's a different project proposed by RHD, not by BBA.
Appreciate it!

Guys let's use restraint and not insult folks personally (not saying you did). This is also for @mb444 bhai.

Hater pach angul shoman hoi na. Five fingers of a hand are all different. I am not that well versed in Defence technologies, that is why I come to this forum to learn something.

We each have specific strengths and intellect, but may be in different areas. Each of our intellects and ideas are to be shared among others, which will contribute to our exchange of ideas here at PDF with other experts, help us gradually progress as a nation and foster friendly relations with other countries, like Pakistan.

@Landmine Thanks for not taking anything personally brother. We appreciate your participation here, just like all others.

Is this map the whole of Dhaka?
I mean it's supposed to be. I have the actual map in GIS format. However, I do not have ArcGIS on my new laptop anymore. Please allow me some time so that I can verify more.

Guys let's use restraint and not insult folks personally (not saying you did). This is also for @mb444 bhai.

Hater pach angul shoman hoi na. Five fingers of a hand are all different. I am not that well versed in Defence technologies, that is why I come to this forum to learn something.

We each have specific strengths and intellect, but may be in different areas. Each of our intellects and ideas are to be shared among others, which will contribute to our exchange of ideas here at PDF with other experts, help us gradually progress as a nation and foster friendly relations with other countries, like Pakistan.

@Landmine Thanks for not taking anything personally brother. We appreciate your participation here, just like all others.
Well, Bilal vai you are so nice as usual.
Actually, you have already mentioned everything that I bear in my mind towards the Bangladeshi community here. I have found you guys compassionate, and supportive of each other. I do not contribute too much here as compared to you guys. However, I find this forum such an amazing platform to share each other's thoughts. As I said before vai, this platform is far better than usual social media.
Thanks a lot for your kind and sweet words.

Outer ring road will circumnavigate the all parts of greater Dhaka. The northern portion of it will goes through Joydevpur, Gazipur.

No. I am not.

As I understand it, the purpose of a ring road is to divert "bypass cargo and passenger road traffic mainly CTG to North Bengal, MYM and SYL" from entering the main city (inner Dhaka in this case) and also to provide easier "radiating leg circular access" to outlying areas of Dhaka by inner Dhaka road traffic.

Right now - every piece bypass traffic (Buses, Trucks) passes through Dhaka, leading to major chaos.

For buses, there is concerted effort to move the Bus and truck terminals out of the city, which is where ideally they should be situated, However the influence of the strong Bus/Truck Mafias controlled by goondas who are also party cadres appointed to Hasina's cabinet - are a bit strong.

Unlike Hub and Spoke airline traffic, road traffic can bypass larger cities like Dhaka.

In most larger cities in the US, there are three concentric levels of ring roads (smaller to larger), built by city planning depts. as road traffic demand increases. Planning depts. have computerized maps predicting how much population and traffic will increase, at any point in time.

Alright bro
Found it! Looks like the previous one and the following one (based on the revised strategic transportation plan (RSTP)) are the same.
2.JPG

Found it! Looks like the previous one and the following one (based on the revised strategic transportation plan (RSTP)) are the same.View attachment 719785

This is really cool.

I used to know some analysts, they used to use ARCGIS Enterprise at work, to perform GIS analytics to predict/plan traffic loads and place routes.

As I understand it, the purpose of a ring road is to divert "bypass cargo and passenger road traffic mainly CTG to North Bengal, MYM and SYL" from entering the main city (inner Dhaka in this case) and also to provide easier "radiating leg circular access" to outlying areas of Dhaka by inner Dhaka road traffic.

Right now - every piece bypass traffic (Buses, Trucks) passes through Dhaka, leading to major chaos.

For buses, there is concerted effort to move the Bus and truck terminals out of the city, which is where ideally they should be situated, However the influence of the strong Bus/Truck Mafias controlled by goondas who are also party cadres appointed to Hasina's cabinet - are a bit strong.

Unlike Hub and Spoke airline traffic, road traffic can bypass larger cities like Dhaka.

In most larger cities in the US, there are three concentric levels of ring roads (smaller to larger), built by city planning depts. as road traffic demand increases. Planning depts. have computerized maps predicting how much population and traffic will increase, at any point in time.
Kuwait’s roads and infrastructure/ city were all designed by the Americans... for country as small as Kuwait the design is excellent, traffic isn’t a problem even in worse case scenarios
But nowadays I see videos where same types of infrastructure being inefficient when scaled up to sizes of states in America
Found it! Looks like the previous one and the following one (based on the revised strategic transportation plan (RSTP)) are the same.View attachment 719785
Noice, but disappointed they still have 1 lane roads... how does that even work

Kuwait’s roads and infrastructure/ city were all designed by the Americans... for country as small as Kuwait the design is excellent, traffic isn’t a problem even in worse case scenarios
But nowadays I see videos where same types of infrastructure being inefficient when scaled up to sizes of states in America

Noice, but disappointed they still have 1 lane roads... how does that even work
Vai, this is a huge map. The total size of the file is 7.23 GB. Typically, in the "para - mohalla" we still have 1 lane road. They utilized it to show existing 1- lane roads. Nothing serious.

Vai, this is a huge map. The total size of the file is 7.23 GB. Typically, in the "para - mohalla" we still have 1 lane road. They utilized it to show existing 1- lane roads. Nothing serious.
Bro you designed one of the elevated expressway right? Is it for cars or MRT lines?

This is really cool.

I used to know some analysts, they used to use ARCGIS Enterprise at work, to perform GIS analytics to predict/plan traffic loads and place routes.

Yes, Sir, you are absolutely right. We have utilized ArcGIS shapefile to import in the CUBE software to do the "origin-destination"/ trip generation, trip distribution, Network analysis, and future traffic forecast.
Bro you designed one of the elevated expressway right? Is it for cars or MRT lines?
I have designed actually two elevated expressways. One is Dhaka Ashulia. Another one is the East/west elevated expressway. Both of them are for cars.

Yes, Sir, you are absolutely right. We have utilized ArcGIS shapefile to import in the CUBE software to do the "origin-destination"/ trip generation, trip distribution, Network analysis, and future traffic forecast.

I have designed actually two elevated expressways. One is Dhaka Ashulia. Another one is the East/west elevated expressway. Both of them are for cars.
Ok I don’t mean to be disrespectful but how is it going to help traffic when underneath it the road is basically unusable because of the pillars ?

Ok I don’t mean to be disrespectful but how is it going to help traffic when underneath it the road is basically unusable because of the pillars ?
Good question brother. I did not do the structural design. Otherwise, I could have shown what actually we have proposed. We had two different types of pillar configurations. First, single pillars along with the centerline of the carriageway, the second one was a combination of 2 pillars on the edge of the carriageway (Like what you can see in the magbazar). Over the existing roadway, we proposed the 2nd one so that we do not have to harm the existing traffic. Over the marshy land or unoccupied land, we proposed the first one. All of these conditions are applicable for Dhaka Ashulia only. For the East-west, all pillars fall under the first cases since we did not follow any existing roadway. BBA also proposed a service road under this expressway. Let see what happened.
And please, do not hesitate to ask any questions. I will be happy to answer all (if I know the answer). Thanks for the question.

Back
Top Bottom