What's new

700,000 Afghan refugees returned home from Pakistan in 2016: IMF

2,300,000 more to go (good riddance, take your hash and crime with you)!

After all those bacha bazi's go home we should build a wall and merge khyber and fata together.

My prayers are with the Muhajiroon.

I hope the Afghan Government is capable of taking care of their people (with Indian money ofcourse) since they rejected $500 million financial assistance from Pakistan.

However, IMF thinks Afghanistan may collapse. I guess it's an Indo-Afghan problem now and Pakistan can move on.
total assistance to Afghanistan from international community is around 240 billion dollars since 2001

There more than one million Afghani who have managed to obtain Pakistani nationality by some means. How long it will take Pakistan to get rid of all these refugees?

My prayers are with the Muhajiroon.

I hope the Afghan Government is capable of taking care of their people (with Indian money ofcourse) since they rejected $500 million financial assistance from Pakistan.

However, IMF thinks Afghanistan may collapse. I guess it's an Indo-Afghan problem now and Pakistan can move on.

Looks like you learned your lessons to not interfere in someone's else war. We did learn our lesson in SL.

Looks like you learned your lessons to not interfere in someone's else war. We did learn our lesson in SL.

No, Afghanistan poses an existential threat to Pakistan.

All that Pakistan is doing at the moment is isolating/containing it and crushing it economically so it implodes from the inside. This strategy is working so far as the Americans are looking for a way out while the Russians are looking for an excuse to come in.

No, Afghanistan poses an existential threat to Pakistan.

All that Pakistan is doing at the moment is isolating/containing it and crushing it economically so it implodes from the inside. This strategy is working so far as the Americans are looking for a way out while the Russians are looking for an excuse to come in.

How does unstable Afghanistan will make Pakistan stable?? Care to explain...

But u ucdcmn@aol.com Bex TX fc xi I by
if any afghan government plays in the hands of our enemies or signs to their tunes then Pakistan will destabilize them as if they got hit with a 10 Richter scale earthsquare. They can do whatever they want, just don't collude with our enemies (you) and don't try to create an trouble for us. Simple as that. It is not much to ask. We are just demanding that they be good cordial neighbors. But if they go out of their way to be stooges to our enemies then we'll do what we have to do to set them straight. Not rocket science.

You're alluding to the point that Afghanistan is currently stable and it's current Government is in Pakistan's interest - it is not.

As Afghanistan is unstable, it is easily influenced by India and anyone else who wishes to do harm to Pakistan.

Afghanistan needs to be either neutral or have a stable Government such as during the 1996-2001 period that is co-operative and friendly with Pakistan.

We don't need any dirty afgani in our land just kick them from Pakistan
If they want to live in Pakistan than they must get visa first
No one should be allowed to live in Pakistan without proper Documents

Now India shud come forward and give refuge to these Afghanis.. after all they love each other...

Thanks heaven . Go back u afghans n live ur lives n let us live ours .

Jesus christ...5 times more then CPEC yet they didn't even bother to build one decent road. And I though Pakistan was corrupt.

Lol......lol.......lol........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.....they are officially the most useless people on earth.......:lol:

More than 700,000 refugees returned to Afghanistan in 2016, most of them from Pakistan, says an IMF report released on Friday.

The Washington-based International Monetary Fund said that the repatriation, which started as a trickle, has now changed into a flood. “This is seriously aggravating the government’s capacity to absorb refugees in an already difficult environment of high unemployment and internally displaced people after decades of conflict,” the report warned.

The refugees were “primarily returning from Pakistan, often not voluntarily,” it added. There were also returnees from Iran and to a lesser extent from Europe. Statistics released by a UN refugee agency, and quoted in the report, show that Afghans are the second largest refugee group after Syrians and most of them live in Pakistan.

The IMF urged the international community to “play a vital role” in providing financial and humanitarian support to avert a crisis and limit the damage to Afghanistan’s already challenging social and security conditions, and development prospects.

The report quotes analysts as projecting that up to 2.5 million refugees will follow over the next 18 months, which will add nearly 10 per cent to Afghanistan’s population. To put this in perspective, this would be akin to 50m migrants entering the European Union over a two-year period.

The report says that many of these refugees are returning to a country facing conflict, insecurity and widespread poverty.

“Given the difficult economic climate, prospects for returnees are generally poor,” it warns.

Most refugees are labourers and workers in the informal economy, with limited savings, or small business owners who are forced to liquidate their assets at fire sale prices. “A typical returning refugee has a high risk of falling into poverty,” the report warns.

The document notes that the prospects for absorbing returning refugees are further complicated by the existence of more than one million internally displaced people, the number of which significantly increased in 2016 as the insurgency intensified. The IMF warns that these problems will severely stretch the country’s capacity to cope.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1311245/700000-afghan-refugees-returned-home-from-pakistan-in-2016-imf

Goodbye and good riddance. Another 5 million or so to go. GO HOME!

Back
Top Bottom