What's new

70% decline in terrorist attacks in Pakistan

It is true that the terrorism has decreased in Pakistan due to various reasons.

The most important factor being the utmost focus of both civil and military leadership to eliminate terrorism for good and for all. They decided to see beyond the thin lines of black and white and treat every terrorist indiscriminately. This is very important for the unity of the nation.

Fight is far from over. These gains can be quickly reversed if we don't push through till the very end. Real battle lies ahead. The battle to eliminate conditions that produces terrorists.

You want to give credit to India's Modi for this just like for anything else happening in pakistan?

On serious notes, this region needs development and thinking without religious mindsets at least at the governance level. Once that is achieved this region can grown and dwarfs any other region in the world just by its sheer volume of trade among themselves.

And why would i put blame on Modi ?
I can guarantee you most Pakistanis dont even think or talk about Modi or other terrorists in their daily life.

If we give Gen. Raheel Sharif an extension he'll finish the job and make sure Pakistan stays in this peaceful state.

Honestly I am very pleasantly surprised by the results against terrorism.
I just hope that the rats are not into hiding, waiting for a little complacency, to strike like they used to do with impunity.

PS. I still don't understand the real difference between Gen. Kiyani and Gen. R. Shareef?! Is it really that one was too cautious (Kiyani) while the other is very determined (R. Shareef)? If so then kind of bizarre: These major decisions have to be institutional and not personal. But then... even in America, the Iran deal has Obama's personal stamp on it--something GWB probably would never do. So personalities DO matter?!

The financiers, facilitators & aiders who we know as politicians are roaming freely. Until this source is not eliminated we will continue to hear 70% decline in terrorism instead of hearing 100% decline in terrorism.

Mmmm, yes but it took the Peshawar school tragedy to do it. Zardari used to explain to U.S. leaders that there would be no offensive against terrorists because army officers had to go home to their families at night. Once the school was attacked it became clear that being in the Army did not bring immunity: whether or not the Army went hunting for terrorists, the terrorists would be hunting for them.

Credit goes to Gen. Raheel, not Nawaz. Nawaz doesn't command the P.A., he - like every other civilian Pakistani leader - runs cover for it, occasionally. That can only change when some mechanism is established for appointment and removal of senior commanders by elected officials. (Not just a Nawaz Sharif - that's the route to dictatorship.)

Sir Army wanted to go for this final push for long but lack of political ownership as had been stated by Gen Kiyani time and again during his tenure, negative public sentiments against role of Army, shadowy media role and more importantly lack of allocation of funds by Mr Zardari. When i can not buy this logic of Army officers going home at night then how wud US have bought it? How come they cud come home at night from SWA,Swat etc? A soldier knows he has to stay away from Home when mission calls and that it. Zarb-e-Azb was launched much before APS attack but yes this trajedy had put the anti Pakistan esp anti Army ppl, IK n JI and even the main sympathizers of TTP the one and only JUI(F) on back foor to oppose this operation openly as they were fearing public backlash. We had seen one such scenario when Mr IK ko khujli hui thi after one such event in APS and the public backlash esp on social media was so that Muhatarm nay uss k baad say abhi tak Dialogue ki baat nhi ki.

Honestly I am very pleasantly surprised by the results against terrorism.
I just hope that the rats are not into hiding, waiting for a little complacency, to strike like they used to do with impunity.

PS. I still don't understand the real difference between Gen. Kiyani and Gen. R. Shareef?! Is it really that one was too cautious (Kiyani) while the other is very determined (R. Shareef)? If so then kind of bizarre: These major decisions have to be institutional and not personal. But then... even in America, the Iran deal has Obama's personal stamp on it--something GWB probably would never do. So personalities DO matter?!

Sir Gen Raheel Sharif is enjoying public and political support which was almost zero in case of Gen Kiyani tenure. Also the 3 years extension of Gen Kiyani brought him on back foot as we had seen marked difference in his first and second tenure. Also Gen Kiyani had done alot by launching SWA, Swat operation and Many operation in Bajaur, Mohmand and Khyber agencies. His hand s were full and This was his limit that he could go alone to. Thats y as i said earlier he kept on asking for political ownership of all such operations but Mr Zardari was evil clever enough not to lend him that leverage as he knew that if he would not keep Army stuck and busy in ops how wud he openly enjoy and loot the country?

:pakistan::smitten:SALUTE TO THE MARTYRS AND EVERYONE WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE TODAY
TO KEEP PAKISTAN AND OTHER COUNTRIES FROM TERRORIST
CLEARLY PAKISTAN IS NOT SAFE HEAVEN FOR TERRORIST
PAKISTAN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

All credit goes to Mr. Raheel Sharif.

:pakistan::smitten:SALUTE TO THE MARTYRS AND EVERYONE WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE TODAY
TO KEEP PAKISTAN AND OTHER COUNTRIES FROM TERRORIST
CLEARLY PAKISTAN IS NOT SAFE HEAVEN FOR TERRORIST
PAKISTAN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Thank you brother.

The credit goes to both, the military and the civilian leadership. Both are on the same page about tackling extremism in the country and the announcement of going after sectarianism.

I am pleasantly surprised by the pmln and their initiative against sectarianism. Just as how they were able to accomplish defeating terrorism with military help they can do that against the hate spewing mullah as wel. Great effort.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom