What's new

7 Ways Pakistanis Like To Eat Mangoes

I hope that Pakistanis mangoes go on to conquer the market if the quality control needed for reliable exports is ensured.
Quality control, yes, a must for export to US and EU markets
The problem hoever is more weather and pest related and in most of the cases is not that well controlled. Still, it is not that this cannot be handled. It can be and it should be. We are losing, like many other things with potential, lots of potential sales in fruits and vegetables because proper quality control is not in place and basic processing facilities are missing. A lot of work was done by EPB in Kinoo orange a few years back. Need some investment in quality storage and processing facilities and most importantly a proper quality control authority. The taste, the quality and the quantity is taken care of naturally, it is what we humans have to do where we mess up.

Mango breakfast muffins

Mango_Breakfast_Muffins_916x370.png

eating-mangos.jpg

:smitten:

Quality control, yes, a must for export to US and EU markets
The problem hoever is more weather and pest related and in most of the cases is not that well controlled. Still, it is not that this cannot be handled. It can be and it should be. We are losing, like many other things with potential, lots of potential sales in fruits and vegetables because proper quality control is not in place and basic processing facilities are missing. A lot of work was done by EPB in Kinoo orange a few years back. Need some investment in quality storage and processing facilities and most importantly a proper quality control authority. The taste, the quality and the quantity is taken care of naturally, it is what we humans have to do where we mess up.

That is the typical Pakistani export story where a good product fails in the international market due to varied and poor quality control over the long run. Basmati rice is another example of such issues.

That is the typical Pakistani export story where a good product fails in the international market due to varied and poor quality control over the long run. Basmati rice is another example of such issues.
we are exporting quite a lot of rice. However i agree that we our self let our agriculture products (even others) down due to bad policies abd lack of planning.\

As for mangoes, as Ghalib said, they need to satisfy only two conditions, one, that they be sweet, two, that they be plentiful. :lol:,
aam hoon, meethy hoon aur khoob hoon! :D

we are exporting quite a lot of rice. However i agree that we our self let our agriculture products (even others) down due to bad policies abd lack of planning.\

As for mangoes, as Ghalib said, they need to satisfy only two conditions, one, that they be sweet, two, that they be plentiful. :lol:,
aam hoon, meethy hoon aur khoob hoon! :D

When it is good, Pakistani basmati is great. But the problem is the variable quality. Indian basmati may not be as good, but its greatest asset is its consistent quality that creates loyalty among customers. This same issue applies quite broadly to Pakistani exports, particularly agricultural ones, including mangoes.

When it is good, Pakistani basmati is great. But the problem is the variable quality. Indian basmati may not be as good, but its greatest asset is its consistent quality that creates loyalty among customers. This same issue applies quite broadly to Pakistani exports, particularly agricultural ones, including mangoes.
hein??
what consistency?
You talking about supply chain?
The Super Kernal Basmiti rice will always taste the same. You are confusing it with something else may be, the quality of polishing or the grain size or something. The taste and fragrance will be the same.

hein??
what consistency?
You talking about supply chain?
The Super Kernal Basmiti rice will always taste the same. You are confusing it with something else may be, the quality of polishing or the grain size or something. The taste and fragrance will be the same.

That is the problem: the taste varies. A lot. Try comparing Tilda with Kernal over a long period of time and you will understand what I mean.

That is the problem: the taste varies. A lot. Try comparing Tilda with Kernal over a long period of time and you will understand what I mean.
Well i dont know about tilda but i sure have been using Kernal for YEARS. :lol:
Sorry but cant agree with what you are saying. The grain quality, the starch value, the polishing, these may vary but taste and aroma, sorry!

Well i dont know about tilda but i sure have been using Kernal for YEARS. :lol:
Sorry but cant agree with what you are saying. The grain quality, the starch value, the polishing, these may vary but taste and aroma, sorry!

Are you using Kernal abroad or within Pakistan all these years?

bought a box of alphonso.. either the season is over and I got bad mangoes.. or its the most overrated mango... kesar is so much better...

Are you using Kernal abroad or within Pakistan all these years?
Mainly in Pakistan surely but have used it abroad as well and never found ANY difference in the taste. Plus i think that the one being used abroad is also being sent from here right, so what can be the difference. :) Anyway, i cannot understand how you could have found a difference is taste/aroma. The grain size etc is surely understandable and i have also noticed that it varies.

oh the mango war has not started this year....
Indian mangoes are obviously better :)

mango with rice/puri? yukk .. only gujjus eat like that probably
How Indian mangoes are better ?

Mainly in Pakistan surely but have used it abroad as well and never found ANY difference in the taste. Plus i think that the one being used abroad is also being sent from here right, so what can be the difference. :) Anyway, i cannot understand how you could have found a difference is taste/aroma. The grain size etc is surely understandable and i have also noticed that it varies.

The quality abroad for Pakistani rice (and other products) varies for sure. The length and time agricultural products spend in the logistical train from producer to consumer may very well have a role to play.

Back
Top Bottom