What's new

61-yr-old ‘air bomb’ found at Cox’s Bazar airport

BitHeroBD

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
61-yr-old ‘air bomb’ found at Cox’s Bazar airport

bomb-coxs-bazar.jpg

The air bomb, made in 1954, was discovered while street renovation of Cox's Bazar airport. Photo: Star
Star Online Report
A 61-year-old “air bomb” was found at the terminal of Cox’s Bazar airport yesterday.

The bomb, weighing around 227 kg (500 pound) was found around 5:00pm when workers were doing street renovation works on the east side of the terminal.

Sadhon Kumar Mohanta, manager of the airport, told our local correspondent that army personnel and police were informed after discovery of the bomb.

It was an air bomb, Lt Col Mohiuddin, a bomb expert of Ramu cantonment in the district, confirmed after visiting the spot last night.

A team is scheduled to shift the bomb to a safer place for disposal today, the bomb expert said.

Sir I forgot the wars before 71 so that is why I was wondering how this could be 61-year old
Actually that indian friend is soooo obsessed with pakistan he didnt noticed your point.just pointed his nose towards what he could dig up against pakistan.:D

The bombs are old, corroded and rusted, could explode while trying to deactivate them, for display in our Army Museums.

Guy's those things look like gas cylinders especially the smaller ones - going by the valves at one end. I am a bit confused.
That was also my first impression, however when an officer of Ordnance Corps confirmed that these were "Air-Bombs", I refrained from commenting.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom