What's new

6 injured in shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee

6 injured in shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police say - ABC News (go.com)

6 injured in shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police say​

At least one person of interest was detained, Chattanooga Police said.
Video byJessie DiMartino
ByKevin Shalvey
May 29, 2022, 11:41 PM

shooting-chattanooga-02-abc-llr-220529_1653833443201_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

0:48

6 injured during shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee
At least one person of interest in the shooting was detained, according to Chattanooga police.

At least six people were injured on Saturday night during an exchange of gunfire in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police said.

Chattanooga police officers were patrolling the downtown area at about 10:48 p.m. local time when they "observed multiple parties exchanging gunfire and numerous people fleeing the area" near 100 Cherry St.

"Our Officers began rendering aid to the victims as well as assisting others to safety," a police spokesperson said. "They were able to detain at least one person of interest in the incident in the moments after the shooting began."

PHOTO: Police respond to the scene of a shooting incident in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn., May 28, 2022.

Police respond to the scene of a shooting incident in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn., May 28, 2022.
WTVC
Police said "several" gunshot victims were transported to local hospitals. Two individuals had life-threatening injuries, police said. Most of the victims were in their teens or early 20s, police said.

Chattanooga Mayor Kelly posted a message Sunday on Twitter, saying, the shooting was "unacceptable -- our city and our community will act."

PHOTO: Police respond to the scene of a shooting incident in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn., May 28, 2022.

Police respond to the scene of a shooting incident in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn., May 28, 2022.
WTVC
"Last night, our city felt the terrible cost of gun violence," Kelly tweeted. "My heart is with the families whose lives have been upended by this horrific situation."

Last night, our city felt the terrible cost of gun violence. My heart is with the families whose lives have been upended by this horrific situation. Later today, I will address our community at a press conference. This is unacceptable - our city and our community will act.
— Tim Kelly (@MayorTimKelly) May 29, 2022
Kelly said he and the Chattanooga police chief are planning to hold a news conference on the shooting Sunday afternoon.

MORE: Texas school shooting live updates: School police had shooter training 2 months ago​

WTVC
"We had large groups of juveniles walking around the downtown area this date and we believe it’s from within that group that the shooting took place," a police spokesperson said.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

ABC News' Keith Harden contributed to this report.

Must be white and must have mental health issues as no terrorism alert. Poor white shooter. He must have his reasons and we must forgive him as the mother of the last shooter explained

6 injured in shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police say - ABC News (go.com)

6 injured in shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police say​

At least one person of interest was detained, Chattanooga Police said.
Video byJessie DiMartino
ByKevin Shalvey
May 29, 2022, 11:41 PM

shooting-chattanooga-02-abc-llr-220529_1653833443201_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

0:48

6 injured during shooting in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee
At least one person of interest in the shooting was detained, according to Chattanooga police.

At least six people were injured on Saturday night during an exchange of gunfire in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police said.

Chattanooga police officers were patrolling the downtown area at about 10:48 p.m. local time when they "observed multiple parties exchanging gunfire and numerous people fleeing the area" near 100 Cherry St.

"Our Officers began rendering aid to the victims as well as assisting others to safety," a police spokesperson said. "They were able to detain at least one person of interest in the incident in the moments after the shooting began."

WTVC
Police said "several" gunshot victims were transported to local hospitals. Two individuals had life-threatening injuries, police said. Most of the victims were in their teens or early 20s, police said.

Chattanooga Mayor Kelly posted a message Sunday on Twitter, saying, the shooting was "unacceptable -- our city and our community will act."

WTVC
"Last night, our city felt the terrible cost of gun violence," Kelly tweeted. "My heart is with the families whose lives have been upended by this horrific situation."

Kelly said he and the Chattanooga police chief are planning to hold a news conference on the shooting Sunday afternoon.

MORE: Texas school shooting live updates: School police had shooter training 2 months ago

WTVC
"We had large groups of juveniles walking around the downtown area this date and we believe it’s from within that group that the shooting took place," a police spokesperson said.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

ABC News' Keith Harden contributed to this report.
Working your whole life in a blue collar or minimum wage job does this to people.

Must be white and must have mental health issues as no terrorism alert. Poor white shooter. He must have his reasons and we must forgive him as the mother of the last shooter explained

I am very happy with Americans killing Americans.

Especially if they do that in USA and to themselves. :pleasantry:

No sympathies for them at all, be they the killers or the killed.:pleasantry:

My sympathies reserved for the 500,000 kids that died in Iraq and the millions killed elsewhere.

If Madeline Albright got no sympathies, or those that voted her in got no sympathies, why the hell
do I need to give any Americans any sympathy at all?:yay:

I give them SCHADENFREUDE instead :enjoy:

hqdefault.jpg

At one time I was such a fan of American and Americanism. I grew up reading American novels and books.
Mark Twain, Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway , Salinger, John Steinbeck , Harold Robbins, Harper Lee , Herman Melville, Louis L'Amour, Zane Grey to name just a few of those that I read and love.

I gotten past the stage and to me now, a good American is a dead American

That way less chances of Americans killing people in other countries and doing regime changes just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Does US have no way to deter these mass shootings using legal weapons?? In my opinion, US should enforce death penalty for such perpetrators, who use their constitution to commit mass murder.

Not a day goes by that you don't hear about some mass-shooting or active-shooter incident in the US. They really need to consider stricter gun laws.

Back
Top Bottom