What's new

6 American troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash

Would it be possible to get some references (Farsi, English articles are fine, pictures too), I'd like to add them to my notes. Thanks.
This is in Kabul for fallen Canadian soldiers.
MemorialKabul1.jpg

You win ... there is nothing you and I have to talk about.

I guess we have interlopers a plenty.
.i can understand your passion for words but u must remember that this is an international forum.and everybody will have their say

This is in Kabul for fallen Canadian soldiers.
MemorialKabul1.jpg

Thank you, perhaps we should have a sticky thread on a broader topic. I'd be interested in artifacts that the Afghan people have financed and built or stories about expressions of human emotions like lighting candles, reading names, poetry or whatever the local equivalents are.

And if you could please post the source link, I'd like to include it in my notes. Thanks.

.i can understand your passion for words but u must remember that this is an international forum.and everybody will have their say

bhaijaan aap jeet gaya ... kyun naraaz hotay hain.

Here you go:
National Defence | Canadian Armed Forces | Article | Fallen Canadians Remembered in Kabul

Other than that several Afghan military bases have been named after soldiers who have been killed in Afghanistan or Iraq , like Camp Morehead, Camp Eggers and etc.

Thanks for the link, but I think this monument was probably put together by the Canadian people, and the bases you mention have been named by Americans - I don't see them as good examples of Afghans expressing gratitude for say Americans who risked their lives to build a better Afghanistan.

The examples you have cited are like Lyallpur, in Pakistan, a city named for after Lyall, (probably a British officer, royal or nobel) -- it was not really a expression of fondness by the Pakistani people for Layal or the British Raj.

However, the Pakistani people renamed it to Faisalabad as an expression of affinity and gratitude for King Faisal who to this day is remembered with great fondness by the Pakistani people.

Thanks for the link, but I think this monument was probably put together by the Canadian people, and the bases you mention have been named by Americans - I don't see them as good examples of Afghans expressing gratitude for say Americans who risked their lives to build a better Afghanistan.

The examples you have cited are like Lyallpur, in Pakistan, a city named for after Lyall, (probably a British officer, royal or nobel) -- it was not really a expression of fondness by the Pakistani people for Layal or the British Raj.

However, the Pakistani people renamed it to Faisalabad as an expression of affinity and gratitude for King Faisal who to this day is remembered with great fondness by the Pakistani people.

Well the Bases are under Afghan control now, and there is no plans to change their name.

I do not thing the Afghan Government can fund such monuments you think of.

We can only as the example shows, provide some land, and future maintain.

Well the Bases are under Afghan control now, and there is no plans to change their name.

I do not thing the Afghan Government can fund such monuments you think of.

We can only as the example shows, provide some land, and future maintain.

Mmmm, maybe but I hope you do see that it is not exactly a convincing expression of gratitude -- say as one compared to naming ones baby girl Bush.

You did mention some articles, if you have references handy I'd like to get those.

Mmmm, maybe but I hope you do see that it is not exactly a convincing expression of gratitude -- say as one compared to naming ones baby girl Bush.

You did mention some articles, if you have references handy I'd like to get those.
I will look at it tomorrow and send you some links, it getting damn late here.

what was the name of helicopter? chinook?

I think it was a Black Hawk, not sure.

Back
Top Bottom