What's new

500,000 Chinese professionals expected in Gwadar by 2023

500000 professionals or workers. Gwadar is not develop area that can need such large professional. Most probably they will be Chinese workers. But I think Pakistan should take aggressive afford to develop skilled work force to take the future job opportunity in cpec project. If local are deprived animosity can grew among them which surly can exploit by your enemy.

500000 professionals or workers. Gwadar is not develop area that can need such large professional. Most probably they will be Chinese workers. But I think Pakistan should take aggressive afford to develop skilled work force to take the future job opportunity in cpec project. If local are deprived animosity can grew among them which surly can exploit by your enemy.

This news is propagated by real estate owners. They want to increase land prices. This is the reason for exaggerated propaganda

It may not CURRENTLY be developed, but the MASSIVE world class infrastructure projects going on in Gwadar will all but insure that it will be a huge advanced city that of which has never been seen before in Pakistan. There is a reason why there has been a great influx of Chinese professionals there the last few months. I know because I was in Gwadar in late 2016.

Depends What type of professionals.

If its a Port city then these professonals are not going to be IT or science professionals surely

They will be Transport, engineering, business I'm guessing

OR labour/construction

THAT BEGS THE QUESTION .........???

Why not giving these jobs to the millions of unempolyed YOUTH of Pakistan

chinease people will simply earn their money SEND IT BACK TO china

Its going to decrease the lonelines of hazaras in balochistAn , hazaras will start migrating to gawadar after arrival of chinese ... its my 'pious pesh_goi '

It may not CURRENTLY be developed, but the MASSIVE world class infrastructure projects going on in Gwadar will all but insure that it will be a huge advanced city that of which has never been seen before in Pakistan. There is a reason why there has been a great influx of Chinese professionals there the last few months. I know because I was in Gwadar in late 2016.
Then Gwadar can be a serious contender to Dubai for being a transportation (sea+air) hub!!!! Add to it the industrial, final manufacturing, storage and distribution capabilities!!! And back office (IT, financial services, supply chain mngmnt etc.). It's simply massive....

From geo-political and geo-strategic points of view, with ~7X larger economy, ~6X larger defense budget and ~30X larger $ reserve India can't contain Pak!!! What'll happen when these differences will be significantly brought down????? And, with a meager reserve of few billion $ Pak is managing all the current staffs!!! What'll happen when the massive dosage of increments will be added to all her economic/financial indicators????

Last edited by a moderator:
China can get away with this in particular countries only.
PDF members of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are animatedly celebrating 1/2 million jobs handed out to the Chinese, in fear that they will be taunted about the Chinese predatory presence in Pakistan by their neighbor.

I'd confidently bet, in the real world, no citizen would stand for such a massive takeover and hand over of jobs to a foreign force.

Then Gwadar can be a serious contender to Dubai for being a transportation (sea+air) hub!!!!

Dubai will retain its place, mainly because Dubai is regional services hub, while Gawadar will be a transit port of Chinese firms, slowly some Chinese production units would surface, but this will compliment Dubai.
Dubai is an international tourism hub, while Gawadar can't offer same as Dubai!
Dubai is backed up by its airline and facilities, which is missing in case of Gawadar.
Dubai is international commerce center with international banks and strong currency.
Dubai is also a hub of repackaging and rebranding of Indian consumer and edible items.
In the end, I see Gawadar only challenging India and in future some Iranian ports, which are being used by Afghanistan for imports.

PDF members of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are animatedly celebrating 1/2 million jobs handed out to the Chinese, in fear that they will be taunted about the Chinese predatory presence in Pakistan by their neighbor.

I'd confidently bet, in the real world, no citizen would stand for such a massive takeover and hand over of jobs to a foreign force.

India already control Pakistan's pharma market through its front men, why no crying there?

While Chinese are everywhere in the world, in America, in Africa, in Europe, in Australia and in India as well.
In same manner, Europeans, Americans, Indians and Pakistanis are in China!

Not really..

The current population according to 2017 Census of Gwadar District is 263,514 of which 161,599 live in Urban conditions while the other 101,915 are living in Rural conditions. This population is scattered in the area annexed below in green.

upload_2017-10-23_19-20-54.png

Now imagine getting 500K people just in the town of Gwadar port. You would of course have to build the amenities, housing, shopping and other facilities such as medical and educational ones for all those people, right? Isn't this how an area is developed? Canada survived the recession of 2007-08 only due to its immigrant influx (mainly Chinese and south Asian), imagine what that would do Pakistan's economy?

I guess this is what is bothering the enemies of a Prosperous Pakistan.

India already control Pakistan's pharma market through its front men, why no crying there?

While Chinese are everywhere in the world, in America, in Africa, in Europe, in Australia and in India as well.
In same manner, Europeans, Americans, Indians and Pakistanis are in China!

You seem to be equating immigrants in the job market in a country with handing off of 1/2 million jobs to a single group. Where the citizens of the said country have no chance to even get an interview.

Back
Top Bottom