What's new

50 reasons Pakistan needs Musharraf

Even the Indians next door were ready to discuss Kashmir for a solution and praised the man for his sincerity, honesty and amicable handling of the issues.

As far as the above part is concerned, I'm not sure how much change mushy will be able to bring now.

See the things are different now. Then he was the army chief, now he is not and why would Kayani(the chief of the all powerful PA) listen to him on anything?

Mushy forced a sense of flexibility down the throat of many unwilling Pak Army generals through his authority. He has lost that authority now with the PA.

As for the other points, they are none of my business.

As far as the above part is concerned, I'm not sure how much change mushy will be able to bring now.

See the things are different now. Then he was the army chief, now he is not and why would Kayani(the chief of the all powerful PA) listen to him on anything?

Because the PA is a part of the state of Pakistan, and Musharraf will have control of the state of Pakistan if he becomes president...

Back then, he was a dictator. Now, if he is elected, he will be the president and can bring more changes than before- if he does well, he will command respect from the Army.

Because the PA is a part of the state of Pakistan, and Musharraf will have control of the state of Pakistan if he becomes president...

Back then, he was a dictator. Now, if he is elected, he will be the president and can bring more changes than before- if he does well, he will command respect from the Army.

You have very little understanding of how influential the PA is in Pakistan's political affairs.

Even the Indians next door were ready to discuss Kashmir for a solution

I am neither pro- nor anti-Musharraf, but some of the list is repetitious. There is no question that he did some very good things for the country but the part about Kashmir is troubling: he was effectively going to give away Kashmir to India. And his biggest blunder, apart from meddling with the Judiciary, was selling out the airwaves (media) to foreign interests. That is inexcusable.

Also, if anybody believes that Musharraf will end feudalism, they are dreaming.

And I have to question the choice of the party name 'All Pakistan Muslim League' from a man who claims one of his main missions is to rid Pakistan of Islamization.

Last edited:
We need the political mush back ASAP so that Pakistan may return to it's better days.

No one is glossing over Musharraf's achievements, it's the fact that his return will be met with stiff challenges that leads many to think is it worth the hassle?

As it stands, he can shout about all those numbers, but those figures aren't making any cut through with the people who he needs to vote for him.

He has no political set-up or network on the ground, making it all the more difficult for that message to permeate.

The Q League are treating him like a leper, the NA proceedings these days are a case of who can slander him more: the PPP or PML-N, the Army are silent and it's looking doubtful they'll throw their support behind him, the JI and others still refer to him as an agent of America and the root cause of the terrorism we see, then people's perceptions (even though they may be wrong) are still fresh about Bugti, Lal Masjid, Aafia, NRO, CJP etc etc.

We can all sit here and defend him against those controversies, but it's not so easy removing the 'propoganda' that's manifested itself deep within Pakistan society. It's coming in from multiple directions. Unfortunately, the current political set-up are doing nothing but ensuring Musharraf, and Musharraf alone carries the can for all those perceived wrong-doings.

That's the challenge he has, and there's not many on the ground to help him dispel the myths being created to blacken him.

And I have to question the choice of the party name 'All Pakistan Muslim League' from a man who claims one of his main missions is to rid Pakistan of Islamization.

Perhaps he's learnt that the first step to connect with the masses in the indian subcontinent is to strike an emotional cord (religion, caste etc.).

He's becoming a true politician.

I think he would be alright if he stops associating Pakistan with US and strengthen ties with Muslim countries and China...

A puppet of the west is not fit to rule Pakistan.

Mushy forced a sense of flexibility down the throat of many unwilling Pak Army generals through his authority. He has lost that authority now with the PA.

As for the other points, they are none of my business.

When he was in uniform you people accused him of manipulating and certain 'misadventures' by the PA, now that he is not, it still pinches you hard down somewhere.

Which state exactly you people are happy in? Kicked, perhaps?

Well though there might be a lot of reasons in support of his presidency, there's also some factors hindering his candidature. A few have been pointed out, another one in that list is that he led Pakistan into military and diplomatic mis-adventures.

I am neither pro- nor anti-Musharraf, but some of the list is repetitious. There is no question that he did some very good things for the country but the part about Kashmir is troubling: he was effectively going to give away Kashmir to India. And his biggest blunder, apart from meddling with the Judiciary, was selling out the airwaves (media) to foreign interests. That is inexcusable.

His policy on Kashmir indeed has reversed many things but he was NOT at all going to give it up. its not possible for anyone. i guess there must have been some joint mechanism.

The media had been opened up in his era and thats a great thing.

By that i meant that it would be first time if get into big slot then it will be like we are having a prez who is not from feudal family it will set a precedent.

yeah he should have opted for All Pakistan Congress or All Pakistan Hindu League :angel:

crap Article,
I wonder how comes senior members could leave thanks without knowing the right facts?

Really crap article.....
All figures are incorrect and i am LOL'ing

He was effectively going to give away Kashmir to India. And his biggest blunder, apart from meddling with the Judiciary, was selling out the airwaves (media) to foreign interests. That is inexcusable.

Where exactly have you obtained this information that he was effectively going to give away Kashmir to India. There were some ongoing backdoor talks going on which were interrupted with his departure. We have never really heard more of his proposed four points.

Similarly, who exactly did he sold out our airwaves too. If he was capable of selling then what impeded him from turning the same against his rule.

I would like some sources for both those accusation please.

Him getting appointed will be the first step towards an end to feudalism. It will be the first time a non feudal/industrialist would be elected by the people. That is what Jana actually meant by her statement.

The 'Islamization' you speak of was actually 'radicalization' that has caused all the problems we face today. The intolerance, violent tendencies of extremist groups and sectarianism is a direct result of this so called radicalization.

Even Jinnah was an ardent supporter of keeping state and religion separate.

crap Article,
I wonder how comes senior members could leave thanks without knowing the right facts?

Really crap article.....
All figures are incorrect and i am LOL'ing

Counter it if you know the facts rather that calling it crap or 'LOL'ing'.

Would be more productive and worthy of a serious debate than leaving a question mark raised about the facts that you are alluding to.

Counter it if you know the facts rather that calling it crap or 'LOL'ing'.

Would be more productive and worthy of a serious debate than leaving a question mark raised about the facts that you are alluding to.

writing.....wait please :agree:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom