What's new

50% Pakistanis remain food insecure: WFP

Don't know about Pakistan but in India we are wasting 72% of what we grow.. That is a big shame!! I think most of this stock goes to waste because of Kalabazaari of few arseholes.. Can we declare war against them?

In India the middlemen ( the ones which comes between farmer and the wholesaler) rules.. they earn more than the hardworking farmer just by making the two ends meet.

They are like a big MAFIA, nobody dares to touch them. They decide the price.

In India the middlemen ( the ones which comes between farmer and the wholesaler) rules.. they earn more than the hardworking farmer just by making the two ends make.

So is India doing nothing to stop wasting 72% wastage because of these Mofos middlemen ?

In India the middlemen ( the ones which comes between farmer and the wholesaler) rules.. they earn more than the hardworking farmer just by making the two ends meet.

very true ... the only profit making man in the supply are these middlemen...

farmers get the lowest price & business men get there share of risk but middlemen enjoy there big bunch of profit without doing anything..

What a shame!! Do we have a thinking leadership?? Can we grow out of the petty fights and think about our bigger needs? Sad, we are all messed up..

We did a business survey on this aspect, its not exactly corruption, but middle men and even the growers who will waste good food rather than sell it at low prices. But the biggest culprits are the brokers who manipulate the prices. India needs a lot of processing units to convert these food items into store able form and needs a few thousand cold storage facilities. Also needs to do a lot more in logistics networking to reach these food supplies to its destination on time.

very true ... the only profit making man in the supply are these middlemen...

farmers get the lowest price & business men get there share of risk but middlemen enjoy there big bunch of profit without doing anything..

I think thats why some people oppose the companies that purchase directly from Farmers.

In countries like UK, the biggies like TESCO,ASDA, ALDI etc purchase perishable and other goods directly from farmers, thereby giving best remunerations to farmers and lowest price to consumers by effectively avoiding 3 steps.

By 3 steps i mean

1.farmer who grows.
2. Commission agent at local market.Its sometimes the truckwala agent who collects stuff from local market and send it to Wholesaler.
3.The wholesaler.
4. The distributor in some cases.
5.The retailer.

I think thats why some people oppose the companies that purchase directly from Farmers.

In countries like UK, the biggies like TESCO,ASDA, ALDI etc purchase perishable and other goods directly from farmers, thereby giving best remunerations to farmers and lowest price to consumers by effectively avoiding 3 steps.

By 3 steps i mean

1.farmer who grows.
2. Commission agent at local market.Its sometimes the truckwala agent who collects stuff from local market and send it to Wholesaler.
3.The wholesaler.
4. The distributor in some cases.
5.The retailer.

yeah u r right metro from germany was the first one to start in India in the 90s and had major opposition from these middlemen and traders. metro wanted to deal with farmers directly. eventually they got their way.

Effective public distribution system and improving the farm produce are the only solutions.

But Pakistan has its share of corrupt and manipulative people in key places just like we have it here , who makes sure that their pockets get filled and the benefit, whatever is given to the poor are not utilized to their potential.

Its a subcontinent mindset issue.

Whatever subsidies , grands to research, loans that's been supposed to help farmers have never been used in India.

I guess its same in Pakistan too.

What really upsets me is if we can see it why our leaders are such good for nothings can't!!!!!!!!!

What really upsets me is if we can see it why our leaders are such good for nothings can't!!!!!!!!!

Even if they are, the system (read bureaucrats, officers all through the various stages, people in all levels) is still corrupted.

Politicians have their limitations. Starting from the minister who presents budget allocations, to the effecting fund utilisers everything is messed up seriously messed up.

Only time will cure this mess.

Even if they are, the system (read bureaucrats, officers all through the various stages, people in all levels) is still corrupted.

Politicians have their limitations. Starting from the minister who presents budget allocations, to the effecting fund utilisers everything is messed up seriously messed up.

Only time will cure this mess.

in the mean time ....we can hope. But I think we need education and literacy as well so our people get away from dynastic politics which is also a curse.

Back
Top Bottom